Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Are Falling

2- When Words Become Reality

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Brendon wants to do something that Hayley isn't sure she's okay with.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-09-23 - Updated: 2011-09-23 - 1016 words - Complete

1Original
(Brendon's POV)

We were taking a break from practice so that Jon could run to the store and grab some energy drinks. We just couldn't seem to get things flowing smoothly today. Ryan was in a bad mood because he had a fight with his girlfriend, Spencer was just moody for no reason and Jon had absolutely no energy.

My phone went off, dragging me from my thoughts. I looked down and saw Hayley's name flash across my screen, bringing a smile to my lips. She always had that impact on me. "Hello?" I answered, waiting to hear her melodic voice greet me.

We had never even met yet she had a way with her words that left me utterly amazed when done speaking with her. I was just browsing around online when I stumbled across the pen pal site. I almost didn't sign up but when I did I recieved the best thing ever: Hayley. She was so real, so funny, and for the time when we spoke... she was all mine.

"Hey Brendon, are you busy?" She asked with that magical voice of hers.

"No." It was a lie but I couldn't help it. I didn't want her to hang up. I wanted to hold on to this time that I had with her.

"Good... I meant to call you back last night but I just got distracted. I'm sorry." She said, we had been talking last night when she suddenly had to leave. I had waited up until 2 am to hear back from her but she never called. I was exhausted today but I couldn't be mad at her.

"No big deal. Whats up?" I asked, walking away from the set so that the guys wouldn't bother me.

"Working on a paper. What about you?" She asked. I could tell she was sad. Her tone gave away her feelings so well but I didn't call her on it. I knew she didn't like to be badgered about things. If she wanted me to know then she would tell me.

"What's the paper about? Not much." She didn't know I was part of a band. I didn't plan on telling her. I connected with her without the music. How beautiful is that?

I could hear her groan, "I'm supposed to write a paper on what I live for." She stated.

I laughed, "High school girls and what they live for? Write about shopping!" I said in a high pitched giggly voice. I could practically hear her roll her eyes at me.

"I'm not sure I'd be able to fit that all on to a page. I mean come on.... shoes, clothes, accessories!" She said back in a voice that definitely didn't belong to her. It made me laugh a little harder. We made fun of people but the cool thing about it was we were able to admit that we were just as stupid as the people we made fun of.

For example she knew I went crazy when it came to musical instruments and I knew she had a thing for stuffed animals shaped like dogs.

We all had our oddities.

"Crap." I muttered, realizing something.

"What?" She asked.

"Your birthday is next saturday, right?" I asked.

"Yeah..." She said, sounding suspicious. "Believe me I'm still trying to think of a way to talk Amy out of celebrations." She said, sounding devasted at the idea of celebrating her own birthday.

I laughed, "You're the strangest girl ever." I informed her though I was absolutely sure that she was already aware of that.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." She replied.

"I like it." I replied and bit my lip as silence followed my statement. She didn't take compliments well.

"This paper is going to be poorly written." She said, changing the subject back to school work. She had a tendency to do that.

"Just remember that a paper should be like a miniskirt: long enough to cover everything but short enough to keep it interesting." I heard her snort at my comment which made me laugh, then she started laughing.

"Hey Hayley?" I said, breaking in to the laughter.

"Yeah?" She asked, at attention.

"I want to see you on your birthday." I said, again silence filled my ears as I waited for any sort of response from her.

"What?" She asked after a few minutes, sounding confused.

"I'll be in San Diego. I'd like to see you." I said, hoping she would go for it. We had been talking for 7 months and I really wanted to meet the girl that kept me up at night and drove me crazy during the day.

"I, umm..." She sounded so confused.

"Just say yes?" I begged.

"Well, how can I say no to you?" She asked, making me smile.

"You can't." I replied, teasingly. As I looked up I saw Jon making hand signals at me, pointing towards the other guys who were watching me.

"Well I guess now I have legitimate plans to back out of my birthday celebrations for." Hayley replied, sounding shy, "Although I'm not too sure Amy will be pleased that I'm meeting a guy I met online."

"She can come with if you're afraid." I stated, completely understanding towards the fact that it would be weird to meet a man you'd only known through electronic communications.

"My fear has nothing to do with how we met." Hayley said but then she quickly spoke again before I could ask her to explain what that meant, "I have to go though. I just really wanted to talk to you. So tag. You're it. Next call is on you." She said softly.

It was a game we played together. We passed back and forth between who would call who. It kept it from seeming like one person was bugging the other while the other person only recieved calls. "I'll call you soon." I replied. It wasn't a lie. I always was a lot quicker to call her than she was to call me, "Bye Hayley."

"Bye Brendon." She said, hanging up.
Sign up to rate and review this story