Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Bottom Line.

by theescapist99 10 reviews

An argument between Frank and Gerard led to the end of an era. Or so they say.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-03 - Updated: 2011-10-03 - 2264 words - Complete

4Insightful
A/N: So I’m trying to clear up all my requests this week before that whole epic one shot thing is published. This request was to do a fic on the “Frerard Fight” that happened during Projekt Revolution. If you look at the full video, Frank kicks Matt in the balls, and then goes into this weird tackling match with Gerard.

I know there’s someone that’s been requesting a “Ger-Z” before this request, and believe me, I’m working on it. The thing is that I have a plan for that one that makes it four parts instead of the usual one shot, which is why it’s taking longer to post. I just felt that was the only way it could work.

Enjoy.

The Bottom Line.

Frank sat on an equipment box that was slightly concealed from the audience's view. The venue was mostly dark, given the exception of the spotlight that shone on a red haired silhouette, standing in the middle of the stage. Frank heard Gerard belt out the notes for Cancer, in the same way that he did every night. Yet on this night, Frank's mind was somewhere different. It was in a different time, in a different year, a different period all together.

His train of thought was broken when he suddenly heard Gerard's voice cease. A second later, he heard the audience sing in unison "...that I will never marry!", after which Gerard continued singing.

Frank smirked slightly, as he knew why Gerard purposely withheld from reciting those particular lyrics. For those particular words turned out to be a bald faced lie. Yet it was one of those lies that was, at the very least, true at one point. This was the point that Frank found himself reflecting on now.

2007, when My Chemical Romance found themselves on a tour that would change all of their lives, and the lives of Frank Iero and Gerard Way in particular. For this was the tour in which Gerard found the love of his life --- and it was not Frank.

Frank did not remember exactly when the tension began. Although he could remember one specific night. Frank and Gerard had set up their usual after show hang out, as they had for many years. However, that night, one detail was different; one very important detail: Gerard was not there.

Frank sat restlessly on the bus couch, an untouched bowl of microwave popcorn by his side. He stared outside the window continuously, and saw many faces out on the street -- just never the one he had hoped to see. Matt, Ray, and Bob had gone out to a bar, which left Frank by his lonesome.

Finally, nearly four hours after expected, Gerard wandered into the bus, looking disheveled.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

Frank stood from the couch he had been beginning to doze off on, staring at Gerard with an accusing glare. He did not really have to ask -- from the look of him, and just by general common sense, Frank knew perfectly well where Gerard had been. He had gone off with Lindsey. Again. Still, Frank was slightly hoping for a different awnser.

Gerard looked at him sheepishly. He ran a hand through his hair like he always did when he felt nervous, and looked down at his shoes.

"Lindsey wanted me to go with her and help her with her part on a song." explained Gerard, confirming Frank's suspicion. "I'm really sorry, I thought I told you."

He genuinely did look sorry, but it did nothing to quell the anger that was rising in Frank like bile in his throat. It was not so much this one particular incident, but a collection of similar incidents in recent times that had begun to eat away at Frank's patience.

"Well you didn't, dickhead." Frank growled at him. "You left me fucking waiting here for hours, for the third fucking time this week!"

"Frankie, I ---"

"I SPECIFICALLY reminded you at lunch, that you were supposed to see me tonight!" Frank pressed on.

"I'M SORRY FRANKIE!" Gerard yelled, "She -- she's just really... insistent."

"Insistent, oh really?" Frank laughed a bit. "Well Gee, I INSIST that you get your head outta your ass, and think about someone other than yourself for once. Selfish prick."

Frank scowled and began to turn away. He was going to leave it at that, but just as he was ready to retreat to his bunk and take a breather, a very familiar high pitched noise began wailing from behind him.

"FUCK YOU!" Gerard screeched so loudly that Frank nearly jumped, "I PUT UP WITH BEING YOUR SECOND CHOICE TO JAMIA FOR FUCKING YEARS, AND THE MINUTE I GET CLOSE TO ANYTHING SIMILAR, YOU CALL ME SELFISH? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY NIGHTS I'VE STAYED UP WAITING FOR YOU?!? YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES YOU LEFT ME FEELING ABANDONED?!?"

"I'VE BEEN WITH JAMIA FOR YEARS GERARD! YEARS!" Frank screamed back at him, rising to the occasion quickly. "YOU CAN'T COMPARE SOME RANDOM FUCKING CHICK YOU JUST MET TO SOMEONE WHO IS CLEARLY A SURE THING!"

"YEAH, JAMIA IS A SURE THING! UNLIKE ME, RIGHT FRANK?!? CAUSE I'M JUST SOME FUCKING WHORE, ONLY GOOD FOR SECOND CHOICE, ISN'T THAT RIGHT FRANKIE?!? ISN'T THAT WHY YOU NEVER LOVED ME LIKE YOU DID HER?!?" Gerard bellowed.

Frank stopped to look at Gerard. He could tell he was on the verge of tears. For a long moment, there was nothing except the sound of Gerard's whimpering as he failed to suppress his sobs. Frank bit his lip.

"You think whatever the fuck you want to." Frank hissed, his voice chillingly low. "But a few months down the road, when you realize she isn't worth all the time you invested in her, don't you fucking crawl back to me. She will never give you any of the love or the companionship, or the comfort I have SHOWERED you with since the day we met. You remember that, Gerard."

Frank turned away again. This time Gerard did not stop him, but Frank could just feel his glare boring into the back of his head as he scurried off to bed.

Frank tucked himself under the covers, straining his ears to hear what Gerard would do next. He heard nothing much besides the sound of a defeated Gerard plopping down on the couch.

He took a deep breath. No longer in the heat of the moment, Frank would admit that he slightly regretted some of what was said (or what was not said). His heart was a squall of emotions that had influenced his words. Jealousy, abandonment, frustration, exhaustion and strain from the tour. Frank knew that Gerard probably felt it just as much as he did. It was certainly not a good time for such a drastic change in their relationship, and Frank had not been ready to let go of Gerard --- not in the least bit.

The next day, both Gerard and Frank wanted to get through their scheduled show as quickly as they possibly could. They sped through most of the songs, and while Gerard did his best to maintain normal audience interaction, his own frustrations radiated from him very clearly. Frank on the other hand was being quite the little monster. He was feistier than normal, moving around the stage as though a speeding bullet.

The Sharpest Lives began to play. Frank was reaching a fever pitch as he dashed all around. Despite his constant movement, his eyes remained glued to their lead singer, who seemed to be keeping a distance from Frank. Frank moved a bit closer, as to test this theory out --- and as you would have it, Gerard walked a bit further away. Irritation pulsed through Frank. How dare he act so aloof with him, when this was so obviously his fault?

As he contemplated, he passed by Matt. In his agitation, Frank attempted to deliver Matt a quick kick in the crotch. Matt knew what he was doing and inverted his knees inwardly immediately, while shooting Frank a glare.

Frank ignored it and continued with his rampage. The song was finally coming to a close, and Gerard began on the closing vocals. As he did, Frank looked a little ways backstage. Lindsey was standing with some crew, watching the performance -- watching Gerard. He threw a small smirk in her direction, although he never knew if she ever actually saw it. Yet he knew she would see this part. She would see that Gerard was his, and his alone.

Frank saw that Gerard stood right next to a speaker. He licked his lips and got up on the speaker, standing so that he was slightly taller than Gerard. He could see Gerard eyeing him warily, but he did not bother to do much as they were so close to finishing the song. Finally, Frank bent down and attempted to plant a hungry kiss right on Gerard's lips.

Gerard's eyes grew wide in surprise, falling back slightly. As Frank had been leaning on him, he ended up somewhat collapsing on top of Gerard. The microphone had been dropped. Gerard pushed him off to prevent himself from falling on his back, but Frank grabbed on to a resisting Gerard, as the weight of his guitar was pulling him back as well. The result was them both stumbling around the stage awkwardly, both of them being yanked this way and that. Finally, Frank's guitar became the tiebreaker as it swung to around on its strap, and with one last push from Gerard, Frank lost his balance. Luckily, he was able to catch himself with his hands, preventing damage to his guitar or himself.

Still, Frank's fury had then been broken by a different emotion. Fear. He watched with wide eyes as a now even more pissed off Gerard kicked a large camera carried by a member of the audience. Gerard began going back in Frank's direction, and so Frank scurried off to the other side of the stage. Once he was fetching a face towel, he felt something hard and solid hit his back. He spun around to see that a heaving Gerard had actually thrown a water bottle at him. Frank rolled his eyes. The rest of the show happened uneventfully, although Frank and Gerard kept even farther away from each other than they had before.

Finally, when the show was over, Frank confronted Gerard. Powerwalking towards his make-up table, he reached Gerard and spun him around.

"The fuck?!?" Frank growled, "A water bottle?!? Seriously?!?"

"The fuck did you jump on me for?!?" Gerard snapped back.

"Maybe you shouldn't have been so obviously avoiding me the whole fucking day!" argued Frank.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Both Frank and Gerard looked to see Ray staring at them from his vanity mirror, looking clearly annoyed.

"You two have been acting like children for the past few weeks! Either grow up, or let's just go the fuck home, because this is not the band I signed up to tour with!" Ray spat before walking away.

Frank and Gerard stared after him, then stared at each other, both narrowing their eyes.

"Whatever." Gerard shook his head. "There’s no point in talking about it. Frank, there’s nothing more to say -- you and I are done."

"What?" Frank scoffed, "Because of Lindsey?"

"Because of a lot of things, Frank." Gerard sighed, "Just -- we're done Frank. We're finished. That's the bottom line."

His tone was soft, but serious. Gerard got up from where he sat and began walking off to the lobby area where Ray had gone, leaving Frank gaping for a good few seconds.

"Wait!" Frank called after him, "Is it because I fell on you? I'm sorry Gee!"

Even though Frank was certain Gerard had heard him, Gerard ignored Frank and kept walking. Unknown to Frank, it was only due to the fact that Gerard was looking for somewhere safe, where Frank could not see him cry.

Each suffered from a broken heart that day, even though the next day passed by in polite peace. As did the next day, and the day after that. It was not long before that tour came to a close, and both went their separate ways. Although Gerard had come into the tour as Frank's mistress, he left Lindsey's lover. Frank went home to Jamia, and she helped him remember why he and Gerard never could be together in the first place.

In their vacation away from each other, all that tension became water under a very large bridge. So the next time they encountered one another, without actually speaking of it, they knew they were ready to start again.

With time, their quarrels from the era were long forgotten. Frank and Gerard became close once more, although not quite like before. For Gerard's commanding statement of "We're finished." remained imprinted in both their minds till this day.

Frank's thoughts were brought back to the present, as the audience exploded into cheers. Cancer had finished and Gerard was walking in his direction. Frank smiled encouragingly at Gerard, and Gerard smiled back at him. His eyes were wide, and lit up by having just finished another amazing show. Frank got up and put an arm around him, while Gerard used both arms to embrace him. They walked offstage together in a sweaty and content hug.

And then there were those moments like these, during which Frank wondered if they had ever really been finished at all.

END.
Sign up to rate and review this story