Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fly Away, Dance on the Milky Way

Fly Away, Dance on the Milky Way - 37

by Poppana 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-10-05 - Updated: 2011-10-05 - 1164 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: This one is very short and nothing really happens in it... But DEAL WITH IT.
Kiddin'. I still love ya.

Chapter 37: Hormones

If this had happened a year ago, Gerard’s first reaction would have been the bottle. There was nothing that a bottle of hard liquor couldn’t fix. Now of course he had to find other ways to deal with these bothersome thoughts.

He kept going through the words in his mind, but he still couldn’t figure out. The question remained. Why?

Why did Gia want to go? These people may biologically be her grandparents, but they’re strangers. How could she think he could allow her to go with them?

And most importantly, why was everyone so determined to keep him away from his daughter now that he finally tried to make an effort to spend time with her? It wasn’t fair.

By the time Lindsey arrived, Gerard had completely forgotten about packing. The clothes just lay there on the floor, and all Gerard could do was sit on the couch and sulk.

Gerard explained the whole situation to her quickly, complained some, and then complained a little more.

“That’s easy”, Lindsey said after he was done complaining. “She misses her mother.”

“How can she miss someone she doesn’t even know?!”

Lindsey raised an eyebrow and said: “Exactly. Okay, it’s only been the two of you for most of her life, right? But maybe she wants more. She wants to get to know the people her mom was closest to, so she can find out what her mom was like and what kind of a person she was. Gia just wants to know where she comes from.”

“So you’re saying that I should let her go?”

“Well… I don’t want to intrude in something that clearly isn’t any of my business, but maybe you owe her that much. I mean, she stuck by you when you were…”

Lindsey trailed off; looking for a nice way to say ‘drunk for years straight’, but she couldn’t find the words. Thankfully Gerard knew what she meant.

Gerard sighed. “You know, things would be so much easier if I could just tell her what to do and she would obey.”

“She’s not a robot”, Lindsey smiled. “So what will you do?”

“What would you suggest?”

“Compromise. Talk to her. Don’t yell, don’t freak out, just… listen to what she has to say.”

“Yeah okay. I guess I could give it a shot.”

___________________

It was getting dark already when Gia finally managed to leave Lucas’ house. They ended up watching two movies and they ordered Chinese food so they wouldn’t have to eat the overcooked pasta stuff that Tina made.

“Take care of it”, Lucas said when they were saying bye at the door.

“I will”, Gia answered. Jersey was jumping excitedly around her in the leash, wanting to know where they were going next.

“Good luck.”

Gia was determined to get this done. She definitely would convince her dad to let her go. Her ‘whole summer of fun and leisure and no work’, as Lucas called it, was at stake here. And truth be told, that wasn’t the only reason she wanted to go. She wasn’t ready to say goodbye to Lucas yet. He was moving on the first summer break week, which would be in two weeks. It wasn’t nearly enough time.

The second she got into the house and released Jersey from the leash, he ran up the stairs, no doubt to claim his spot between Gia’s bed and the heater.

Gia knew that her dad had to still be home; his car was still parked in the front. He was probably still packing.

But when Gia walked into his room to check if he was there, she instantly regretted it. If Gia could delete anything from her memory, then it would be this very moment.

At first she thought there was no one in the room. The door was cracked and the room was dim. Gia flung the door open and turned the lights on. She frowned when she noticed her dad lying on the bed.

“Dad? You’re sleeping at this hour? What’s –“

Gia froze when she noticed the other person on the bed. The last thing any child wants to see is their parent in bed with someone. Thank god they had the covers on them, because otherwise she would seriously be scarred for life.

“This is so gross”, Gia finally gasped. “Eww, get a room, you freaks! There are children present!”

She slammed the door shut and shuddered of the mental images that just wouldn’t stop bothering her. Yeah, she hadn’t really seen that much, but the idea of it was burned into her brain. And the more she thought about it, the more grossed out she got.

The door opened again and Gerard came out, putting on a shirt with a very embarrassed look on his face.

“I’m going to be in therapy until I’m 40”, Gia said.

“If it makes things any better, we weren’t even –“

“Shut up!” she shrieked. “I can’t even look at you right now! Learn to control your hormones, geez.”

Gerard cleared his throat. “Right… Uh, did you have something important to say?”

The fancy speech she had prepared had completely slipped from her mind. That only made her more frustrated. “I can’t remember! We’ll talk after years of therapy.”

Gia stormed up the stairs to the bathroom to wash the icky feeling off of her skin with burning hot water. Gerard cursed his life to hell and returned to the room, only to see Lindsey grinning like a madwoman.

“Don’t tell anyone”, he said.

“Already texted Mikey”, Lindsey laughed. “Sorry. You have to admit it though, that was kind of funny.”

“How can you not be embarrassed?”

“Hey, I feel for you two, it must be devastating, but…” Lindsey couldn’t finish her sentence because she couldn’t stop laughing, so she just ended up burying her face in a pillow.

Gerard waited for her to stop laughing. “You done now?” he asked when she was gasping for air.
Upstairs, Gia was on the phone with Lucas.

“Gosh, it was just so… you know!” Gia said and made a noise that sounded a lot like ‘gluargh’.

“Yeah, that’s what I would feel like if I walked in on my dad and Tina doing it. So tell me, what exactly were they doing? Like, which one was on top?”

“Lucas! I am going through possibly the most difficult thing ever and you want to know what position my dad’s doing it in?! You’re sick!” She hung up the phone and repeated the ‘gluargh’.

She started to wonder if murdering one’s father was illegal in Jersey or was it just frowned upon.
Sign up to rate and review this story