Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Seasons Of Love

4. Summertime

by theescapist99 6 reviews

Gerard and Lindsey find each other once more.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-12 - Updated: 2011-10-12 - 1171 words - Complete

5Moving
4. Summertime

Gerard called the entire band together. He pulled every connection he had -- which was quite a few, as he was famous and what not. He ran about his house and retrieved all the materials he needed. Frank, Mikey, and Ray soon arrived to help aid him in his project.

Within a few weeks, everything came together. All that was left was to find a way to guide Lindsey into the thing. Yet how?

"Flyers!" proposed Mikey. "We can set up flyers in all the places we know she goes, we can give them to her friends, and post them on our website! There's no way she won't see them!"

And so, the boys construed flyers for what they had together created. They advertised it in every possible way they could, and eventually, there was nothing left to do but wait to see if it would ever reach her.

Just so, a crumpled up bit of neon green paper on the floor found itself in the way of a very sad girl's feet on the floor of her favorite market. She picked it up and tried to straighten it, her eyes reading the very large subtitle that had attained her attention:

LINDSEY WAY ART GALLERIA EVENT

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

Lindsey's eyes grew very wide, as she saw a picture of her own face plastered on one side of the flyer. She read the rest of the details, such as the time and place, and pocketed the flyer, her mind buzzing with questions.

Just one week from then came the day of reckoning. Lindsey parked her car at the proposed address. What she had arrived at was a medium sized, white walled building that was commonly used for community recreational class meetings. Seeing many more cars parked outside, her curiosity peaked. Lindsey got out of her car and went inside.

The building was quite packed with an assortment of people -- which made it quite alarming when they applauded her arrival. Lindsey blushed and smiled politely, but her interest was not with them. No, her eyes bolted all around the room for one particular person.

Finally, she found him. Perched on a chair, slightly elevated by a low stage, Gerard sat with a microphone in his left hand and a notebook in the other. Ray, Mikey, and Frank each sat just behind him, each of them sporting a guitar.

It was only after she found them that she realized the other half of her surprise. The walls of the building were covered in her art, all her unreleased pieces that she had deemed unworthy of publishing.

She felt slightly irked at her husband for displaying these pieces without her permission, although flattered none the less. People of the audience took great interest in them, and seemed quite impressed by a few.

Gerard had not spared her a glance since she came in, but soon his voice resounded throughout the room, as he spoke into the microphone.

"This next song is something from the upcoming album. I wrote it for my wife." he told his very attentive audience, "It's about our history together. A lot of people don't know this, but we met many years ago before we started dating. We weren't really well known at the time, and we were opening for her band, which I think a lot of you are fans of. “ At that, a few cheers erupted throughout the room. “I think she might hate me for telling you guys this, but she said she first started liking me when she was standing in the back of the venue, having a smoke, while I was practicing some vocals before sound check. She says she used to stay there and watch me for a while, just like I always like to watch her play. She thought she was doing it in secret, but I did see her in the corner, I was just too shy to acknowledge her at the time. I was dating someone else, so I couldn’t approach her either way. Then years later, we met again at Projekt Revolution. We were both single finally, so we instantly went for each other and I'd like to say fell in love right off the bat. We had an amazing summer together, and I knew just a few weeks in that she was the one for me. This song is about that summer. I wrote it in the hopes that no matter what troubles or heartaches we may face in the future, she can listen to this and remember why we fell in love in the first place. This is Summertime."

The sound of guitars were heard, and in the most heartfelt voice, Gerard began to sing:

When the lights go out
Will you take me with you?
And carry all this broken bone
Through six years down in crowded rooms
And highways I called home?
Something I can't know 'til now.
'til you pick me off the ground
With a brick in hand and your lip-gloss smile,
Your scraped-up knees...

And if you stay I will either wait all night
Or until my heart explodes
How long?
'til we find our way in the dark and out of harm
You can run away with me anytime you want

Terrified of what I'd be
As a kid from what I've seen
Every single day when people try
And put the pieces back together
Just to smash them down
Turn my headphones up real loud
I don't think I need them now
'Cause you stop the noise, and...

If you stay I would even wait all night
Or until my heart explodes
How long?
'til we find our way In the dark and out of harm
You can run away with me anytime you want

Anytime you want
Anytime you want

Don't walk away,
Don't walk away,
Don't walk away!

'Cause if you stay I will either wait all night
Or until my heart explodes
How long?
Until we fall away in the dark and out of harm
You can run away with me anytime you want
You can write it on your arm
You can run away with me anytime you want.

Gerard looked up as he finished his song. His weary eyes met instantly with Lindsey, and he was reminded of that moment she had so often talked about, when she had watched him so many years ago. So it was, he could see in her eyes that same spark of life as she had in those days.

Their faith renewed, they smiled at each other, ready to start again.


END.

A/N: Sorry if you guys were expecting anything tragic or horrible, haha I really intended for this to be cute love story between a boy and a girl. Well anyway, I have two more requests, a story to start, and after it all will be that epic oneshot intended as my grand finale. So you’ll be hearing from me soon.

-Myren.
Sign up to rate and review this story