Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Talent Show

by WeAreTheFallen 5 reviews

"This is for you Frank."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-10-29 - Updated: 2011-10-30 - 653 words - Complete

0Unrated
Amber and I don’t talk for the rest of the week. She has forgiven me for what I said, Mikey told me, but that doesn’t really change much. I feel like an asshole. I should have just kept my mouth shut. If Amber wants to talk to Bob I can’t really stop her. Besides he doesn’t seem like a total creep.

During school on Friday Amber is pulled from class to go work on talent show stuff. She looks right at me before slipping out of the classroom. I’ve got to be there. She has already told me this through every single friend we have. Sometimes she can be so confusing. Why won’t she just talk to me? Perhaps it’s al part of her plan.

At seven thirty, I climb into my piece of shit car and drive back to the school. The auditorium is almost already full but there is a seat for me in the front right next to Gerard. He seems overly excited about the whole thing but then again maybe he knows Amber’s plan.

The lights dim and everyone shuts up. I use Gerard’s cell phone as a flashlight to see when Amber is on…she’s second to last. This is going to take a while.

A few shitty bands play, then some girl does a dance. Devlin sings some songs about sex. Mikey and his band play, they are actually pretty good. One act before Amber plays the piano.

A single spot light appears, a stool set out. I shift around in my seat, becoming just a little nervous. Amber is amazing but she’s not preformed since what happened. It’ll be nice to hear her sing again.

And there she is. That little black skirt hanging from her slender hips, the beat up jean jacket covering a deep purple turtle neck, Amber is wearing no shoes. Her smile is bright as she sits down, plugging in her red and white guitar.

Taking a deep breath she taps the microphone, “This is for you Frank.”

A few people murmur something but I ignore it. This is something Amber has obviously been working on for a while now.

Her fingers graze over the guitar strings, “Think of me when you’re out, when you’re out there. I’ll beg you nice from my knees. And when the world treats you way too fairly, well it’s a shame I’m a dream. All I wanted was you, all I wanted was you.”

Our eyes lock together, a smile spreading across her face. ‘I love you’ I mouth as she starts to play again.

“I think I’ll pace my apartment a few times and fall asleep on the couch. Wake up early to black and white re-runs, that escape from my mouth. Oh-oh, oh-oh. All I wanted was you, all I wanted was you. All I wanted was you, all I wanted was you.”

The audience begins to clap.

“I could follow you to the beginning, just to relive the start. And maybe then we’d remember to slow down at all of our favorite parts. All I wanted was you, all I wanted was you. All I wanted was you. All I wanted was you, all I wanted was you.”

People begin to stand. I follow suit. Amber stands and bows.

“I love you Frank.”

I hurry backstage and find her. Without any hesitation press my lips to hers. This isn't part of the plan but who needs plans anyway...things never go as planned. She put her feeling for me out there for everyone in our school to hear. She's more than ready for my plan.

"I love you too Ambo."


Note: Sorry it's so short. I just kinda wanted the song and Frank's general reaction.(All I Wanted by Paramore) Anyway, hoped you enjoyed. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story