Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Do you hear me?

by Thank_MCR 2 reviews

"Do you hear me, Frank Iero?" Gerard just can't get the words out. He just can't say what he's feeling. Frustration wracks his body, but his mouth won't cave in. Oneshot.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-04 - Updated: 2011-11-05 - 1224 words

0Unrated
A/N- All that is in italics is Gerard's POV, everything else is in third person. Hope you like it!
Do you hear me?
No, no of course you don’t. You couldn’t. Because the words I really want to say, just can’t come out. I’m silent. You hear the words I say, they just, aren’t the ones I want to say.
‘Hand in mine, into your icy blues.’
These are the lyrics I lie through. I want this to be different. Your eyes are a warm hazel, not a cold blue. Flecks of brown and gold mix into the iris, making a one-of-a-kind design. Your eyes are… perfect.
I want to tell you. I want to tell you, so much.
I love you, Frank Iero.
“Gerard! Gee! Wake up!” Frank Iero yells into the ear of his best friend. “WAKE THE FUCK UP!” He shouts. “GEEEEEEEEEE!”
“WHAT THE FUCK FRANK!?” Mikey comes into the bunkroom. “Why are you straddling him?”
“Gerard won’t wake up.” He shrugs.
“Really? He looks awake to me.” Mikey says. Gerard laughs a ‘dying-chicken’ laugh.
“GERARD! WHAT THE FUCK!?”
“Frank, you’re too cute when you’re frustrated.” Gerard says, sitting up and kissing Frank’s cheek quick. Frank’s face becomes red quickly and he tries to hide it. “and when you’re flustered.” He laughs. Frank buries his face in Gerard’s chest and pounds his fists onto the latter’s shoulders. “Ow! Fuck, Frank that hurts!” Gerard laughs.
“Fine.” He says, dropping his arms and keeping his head in Gerard’s chest.
“Frank… you, uhh, gonna get up?” Mikey asks from his corner.
“Nope. Gerard’s a pillow now.” He laughs quietly. Gerard shrugs as Mikey turns and leaves. “Seriously, why didn’t you tell me you were awake?” Frank asks.
“Because, seriously, you’re cute when you’re frustrated.”
“Whatever.” Frank says, getting up and walking out of the room.
God Frank! You’re so adorable. Why won’t you listen!? I’m trying to tell you. I really am. Please, don’t go and think I’m lying. I’m trying.
You tease me with the things you don’t think about. You just don’t THINK! It’s so! So! GAH! FRUSTRATED! Frank you frustrate me! I fucking love you. So. Much. I want you to know.
I love you, Frank Iero.
“You should tell him.” Says a voice in the bunk above his.
“Shut up Ray.” Gerard mumbles. “I know. I’m trying but every time I get close he gets pissy and storms out.”
“I can get him cornered for you if you want…” Ray sticks his head out of the curtain.
“No, no. I want to tell him but I don’t want it like that. I want it to be romantic or something.” Gerard sighs.
“Dude… Your love life sucks.” Ray says, frowning.
“I KNOW THAT! I need some fucking coffee.” Gerard yells, storming out.
Ray is no help at all. Frank, don’t ever ask him for advice. Hey, Frank? Do you ever think to yourself like this? Do you ever think about me like I think about you? I think of you with love. Do you even like guys? Or are you just into girls? I never found out. I just fell for you, never knowing.
Hey, Frank? I love you.
Gerard Way walks into the kitchenette of the tour bus, grabbing his mug and pouring his coffee before realizing anything around him. He then realizes Mikey sitting at the small table, mug in hand with Frank crying into his shoulder.
“Frank, please, tell me what’s wrong.” Mikey says, ignoring Gerard and not showing that he is even there.
“Y-you w-won’t l-like, be d-disgusted in m-me, w-will you?”
“No, no, no. I’ll be accepting of whatever it is, I promise.”
“It’s G-g-Gee. I- I can’t t-t-tell him…” Frank stutters, sobs wracking his body. “I-I d-don’t know why I f-feel this f-for him. I-I think I l-love h-him.” Mikey comforts Frank, and Gerard slowly backs out, shocked at what he has just seen. He quickly goes to the bathroom, giving his full mug to Ray in the bunks.
Is this a game, Frank? Do you know that I love you, do you know that I was there? Are you teasing me? No, Frank, you’re not cruel like that. You’re amazing and wonderful and… you think you love me. Oh, god Frank. I need to tell you soon. I just gotta get out of this bathroom. Out of my hidey-hole. I just need to tell you.
I love you, Frank Iero.
Gerard opens the bathroom door, walking past Ray who offers his mug back.
“No, drink it.” Gerard sighs.
“Ok.” Ray sips the coffee as Gerard walks into the kitchenette again. Frank sits there, with puffy red eyes, sniffling and Mikey is still sitting there, drinking his coffee. Frank sees Gerard and tries to hide that he’s been crying but Gerard puts a hand on his shoulder.
“Come with me, Frank.” He whispers, and Frank slowly gets up and follows Gerard out of room, back to the bunks. “Ray, get out.” Gerard says.
“Ok, bye guys.” Ray says with a shrug and walks out.
“Frank, I know you were crying.” Gerard sighs and wraps his arm around him as he stands there awkwardly. They sit down on Gerard’s bunk.
“Yeah. What of it?” Frank asks, trying to be tough.
“Stop trying to be so goddamn tough. I saw you crying into Mikey’s shoulder.” Gerard says.
“Y-you did!?” Frank is alarmed right away.
“Yes, I did.” Gerard sighs. “I heard what you said.” Frank tries to pull away from Gerard. Gerard lets Frank stand up and the latter huffs.
“Gerard Arthur Way I can’t BELIEVE you were eavesdropping!” His face turns bright red.
“I wasn’t. I walked in there. You just didn’t notice me because you were crying so much.” Gerard says quietly.
“Wait. So… you heard everything?” Frank asks.
“No, not everything. Just the love part.” Gerard finds his feet oddly interesting lately.
“AHH! I-I’m s-sorry Gerard…. I just- I-….” Frank gives up, defeated by himself, and sinks to the ground like paper in the wind. He shakes gently, sobs threatening to take over again. Gerard quickly gets to the ground and wraps both arms around Frank, holding him to his chest. When Frank calms down, minutes later, Gerard pulls away slightly and takes one hand, gently caressing Frank’s jawline and making him look up.
“Frank, I heard what you said. And it made me… So. Happy.” Gerard says and Frank sighs in relief. Gerard leans forward and places a kiss gently on Frank’s lips. “I really like you Frank.” Frank leans forward and kisses Gerard again.
“I love you, Gerard.” Frank says and puts his head on Gerard’s chest.
“Frank, I’ve been trying to tell you this for years now, but never been able to say it.” Gerard sighs, “The words just don’t come out like them too.” Gerard grabs Frank’s chin again, guiding his face to look into Gerard’s eyes.
“I love you, Frank Iero.”
A/N- R&R please! (This is a oneshot, I will not be continuing it.)
Sign up to rate and review this story