Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Only a Doctor

Week Four: Minor Injuries

by chem_x 1 review

A speed bump on the road to recovery.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-11-05 - Updated: 2011-11-05 - 880 words

1Ambiance
When I was younger I was beaten up by a gang of men. I never knew them and I had never done anything to them but they left me to die in an alleyway on a cold night. It was horrendous. I had never felt so broken and in pain. I have scars all along my torso and one down my back. All I remember is the shadows of the men that had done that to me and a small girl that stood down the alleyway watching it happen. I hated that girl with all my guys, she could have helped me but all she did was watch. Though I couldn’t hate her long.
I don’t remember it well but as I received a final hit, I watched her creep up along the wall of the alley and crouch down beside me. She held me close to her and cried until dawn, she was only around seven years old and I was ten and a half. But it was that day that I realized that people were horrible, even the little girl that did nothing to me but watch me suffer. But I realized something else that day, that there’s good in everyone too. The girl cried for me, she didn’t leave me alone, she didn’t walk passed and ignore it. That’s all I could really ask for from person. Some good in a person. That’s all I need in someone.

I searched Leonie’s eyes for some good but it was like looking through glass, I saw nothing but my own faded reflection. She looked like she was from a horror movie I once saw, she was pale and bony, her eyes were dark but they seemed to glow. She reminded me of a mangled nurse in a terrible horror movie I saw. The nurse was the only scary part.
Samantha edged away from the hospital bed, towards Shannon and clenched her fists. She looked like a frightened child.

We were all curious and maybe a bit over confident, but there was definitely a looming sense of fear in my body. Leonie relaxed her body, licking her lips lustfully. Her mouth twitched into a smile, it was evil. There was no good in it. I couldn’t find the good in her at that point, the good I had seen in her eyes when I had first met her almost one month ago. I was left wanting it, wanting everything to rewind and be normal, imagine if this girl was normal. We might have been destined for each other…

“Miss Duke?” Shannon said strongly, taking a step towards her, “You need your rest, you should go back to sleep.” I could see only a glint of light shining from a syringe he held tightly behind his back, I was scared for everyone in that room because of that tiny syringe.
Leonie cracked her neck as she turned and grinned at the doctor, Samantha was right when she said she looked like a tiger. Murderous. She looked like she was waiting to pounce and bite our necks until we fell dead to the floor.
“Leonie… Don’t do this… Leonie, remember what happened last time… Leonie…” Samantha repeated, she knew something I didn’t- something that I would learn to be vital to my case and to my life.
Leonie cackled, it echoed about the small room and within a blink she was out of the bed and Shannon had been pushed with full force to the floor, the syringe pinged as it dropped and hit the lino flooring. “The patient has become the doctor!” She laughed, scraping her fingernails down his cheeks until they were oozing bright red blood.

I rushed over to her and prized her off him, she was kicking like a maniac and laughing, droplets of blood shook around from her hands and decorated every surface in the room. I held her in a bear hug and shouted for Samantha to get help. She froze in place, staring at Leonie. I felt Leonie go still, her whole body relaxed in my arms and she was calm. The only sound in the room was Shannon’s panting and Leonie’s breathing. I felt unnerved by it.

She began to twist slowly in my arms, moving so she faced me. I felt a pit form in my stomach as she stared through me, her eyes were bright and she looked helpless. “Kiss me.” She whispered.
I didn’t resist her, I let her hands loop around my neck. She stood up on her toes to reach my lips, the kiss lasted seconds but the sensation overwhelmed me. I was weak at her touch, I let my guard down in hope of another kiss but she was too quick for me. She towered over Shannon and Samantha with the syringe in her hand and another grin across her face. “No!” I screamed, anticipating the worst.
“Sorry.” Leonie shrugged, stabbing the syringe down at full force. My whole world went still, almost as still as Samantha as she flopped like a fish out of water onto the floor with a syringe sticking out of her chest and her eyes white and wide. Dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story