Categories > Original > Romance

Blue Eyes Blue

by Tokei 0 reviews

"What, you thought I couldn't tell?"

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-06-14 - Updated: 2006-06-15 - 282 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a new dress for a special occassion, and a special dress it was too. Not normally what she would have chosen for that particular day, she had spent an entire afternoon strolling determinely in and out and around all the appropriate shops until she found the dress that would do justice to the occassion, and at a reasonable price too.

Now, as she walked beside him, one arm comfortably tucked into the crook of his, she begun to wonder if perhaps she had wasted an afternoon after all. He had not said anything about it once, and she understood perfectly well why he wouldn't or couldn't. But still, she felt that her pride as a woman and her previous efforts had both simutanously been washed down the same proverbial drain.

It was when they had just passed by the river and she had made up her mind to stuff the dress all the way at the back of the cupboard and try her damn best to completely forget that it even existed in the first place when he said, quite casually, "I'm sure that you look absolutely wonderful in that new dress."

He nearly fell over when she suddenly stopped, and turned to look at her.

"How did you know?" She finally managed to ask. He smiled, and bent to kiss the top of her head.

"I could tell."

She laughed, and flinging her arms around his shoulders so that he was forced to wrap his own around her waist and lift her off her feet, she kissed him back on both of his sweet, blue, blank eyes.

"What, you thought I wouldn't know just because I can't see it?"
Sign up to rate and review this story