Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > TiMER

Chapter 2

by ShadowWalkerJD 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-11-08 - Updated: 2011-11-08 - 1625 words

0Unrated
Sakura stood in stunned silence as she watched Naruto and Hinata disapeare from view. She was shocked at how Naruto's timer actually worked! Pehaps it wasn't all just a hoazx after all.

"Unbelieveible!" Kakashi muttered in a tone of disbelief.

"Well we already knew that they would end up together eventually" Sakura reminded her sensei.

"Thats true, but I don't like the fact that Naruto got a girl before I even had a chance at one" he sighed sadly.

"Maybe if you removed that mask of yours ..." Sakura trailed off.

"Not going to happen" Kakashi said in mock seriousness "you just want to see wjats under the mask"

"I know whats under that mask ... another mask most likely" Sakura muttered as she remember when she, Naruto and Sasuke had tried to take Kakashi's mask off and failed misibly.

"Nah, I only did that cause I knew you three were going to try take a look" he smirked at the memory of his ingenious plan.

"Kakashi-sensei? Will you ever show us whats under that mask?" Sakura questioned. She had been quite curious as to what his face actually looked like ever since she was placed on his team.

"Maybe, but not likely" he admitted.

"How about we make a deal?" Sakura spoke "how about if Naruto and I can get Sasuke to come back to Konoha, you have to revel your face to us?"

Kakashi thought for a moment, contimplateing wheather this was a smart deal or not. But he knew that they would most likely never get Sasuke to return to Konoha, so he would be getting the better part of the deal.

"Deal" he answered confidently.

"Eh? You don't believe that Naruto and I can do it do you?" she asked sadly "but we will prove you wrong Kakashi-sensei. We WILL bring Sasuke back no matter what it takes!" Sakura turned her back on her sensei and walked away. Surprisingly, Sai followed her.

"Sakura .. you know I will help you and Naruto get Uchiha Sasuke back" his words making Sakura come to a stop.

"Sai, that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me" she smiled at the pale boy.

"Well iv'e been studying that book that Kakashi-sensei gave me and it said to say nice things to someone as a way to lift their mood" Sai explained.

"You, my friend, have come a long way" Sakura patted him on the shoulder.

"Thank you" he replied with a fake smile "so .. are you going to get a timer now that its been proven that it works?" he asked.

"I dunno, I mean it would easier then wandering around hopelessly alone forever"

"My thoughts exactly"

Sakura stared at the ex-ROOT member shocked "are YOU going to get one Sai?"

"I figured that it wouldn't hurt to give it a try" he admitted "maybe you should to"

"Maybe .. i'll see you later Sai. I have some things I need to do" with that Sakura ran off in the direction of the Hokage mountain.

Tsunades office.

Tsunade swayed in her seat after another shot of sake. Perhaps she shouldn't be drinking so early in the morning, but she needed something to make the paperwork bareable. There was a knock at the door and Tsunade hastily threw the empty sake bottle out the window in an attempt to rid herself of the evadence.

"Come in" she slurred.

"Your drunk again arn't you" Sakura accused her sensei as she walked up to her desk.

"Uh ... no!" she shouted "i'm perfectly sober...though I don't know why there are six of you"

Sakura sighed "Tsunade-sama, I was wondering if Naruto and I could possibly be given another chance at retreving Sasuke, I mean, there have been erports saying that hes passing by the village so..."

"Hm... I probably shouldn't do this but what the hey, I now give you permission to hunt down and drag Uchiha Sasuke back to Konoha!" Tsunade spoke slowly, trying to sound as though she was sober.

"Really?" Sakura asked, she knew the only reason Tsunade was agreeing with her was because of the alachoel in her system. But at hat moment she didn't mind.

"When can we set out?"

"Right now! Nooo! Wait! You have to get a timer first!" she showed Sakura the timer attached to her wrist "I swear it truly does work! I have a year before I meet my soul mate ... but I don't mind!"

"You my dear Hokage, are wasted" Sakura stated the obvious.

"And YOU my dear kunoichi have pink hair!" she shot back.

"Tsunade-sama, why is it that you want me to get a timer?" Sakura questioned her drunk sensei.

"Because as your Hokage and sensei I want whats best for you" Tsunade spoke seriously.

Sakura rolled her eyes "And you think that getting a timer is whats best for me?"

Tsunade was silent for a moment "Thats EXACTLY what i'm thinking" she grinned, then staggered to her feet and attempted to walk around her desk without falling on her face. When she was next to her student she forcefully shoved the girl towards the door and yelled "No timer means no Sasuke"

With Tsunade's threat hanging over Sakura's head she began her journey to get herself a timer.

"Now this wont hurt a bit" the women in charge of inserting the timer said as Sakura lay on the metal cot.

"Your lying aren't you?" Sakura asked.

The women smiled but didn't say a thing. Which frightened Sakura a bit.

"Which is your dominant hand sweetie?" she asked kindly.

"Right"

"Alright now, on the count of four" the women grinned "one ... two ... three"

The sudden sharp pain caused Sakura to yelp "What happened to four!" she demanded, trying to get the pain under control.

"Sorry, but I figured that it would hurt less if you weren't expecting it" she smiled then walked out of the room.

Sakura glared at her as she left. Then peered down at the pink timer on her wrist and watched as it turned itself on.

[01D's, 03H's, 12M's, 53S's]

"Wow, you got a quick one as well, just yesterday I had this loud blonde kid in here who got a short one as well" she grinned "must be a ninja thing, well I bet you have somewhere to be, so off you go young lady" she said while herding a mesmerized Sakura out of the room.

The moment she exited the building she was tackled by her very own blonde knucklehead teammate.

"Sakura-chan! You got one! You got one!" she repeated over and over till Sakura forcefully placed her hand over his mouth.

"Naruto, calm down. The only reason I got one was because Tsunade-sama said she wouldn't let us hunt down Sasuke if I didn't"

"We ... We're allowed to go after Sasuke?" Naruto questioned, his eyes becoming huge "YES!"

"Yes indeed. Now we leave in an hour so go pack your stuff and kiss Hinata goodbye" Sakura laughed at Naruto's mega blush when she mentioned kissing Hinata.

"Will do Sakura-chan!" he shouted and sprinted off in a random direction.

At the gate an hour later.

"I wonder who your soul mate is?" Naruto pondered as he and Sakura waited for Kakashi and Sai.

"I just hope it not Kakashi-sensei, cause that could be awkward" Sakura muttered.

"Just a bit" Naruto laughed with a slight shiver.

"Yo!" Kakashi greeted his students as he and Sai came to stand with them.

"Say Kakashi-sensei, has your timer started yet?" Naruto asked curiously.

"No, why do you ask?"

"Oh thank god" both Naruto and Sakura spoke loudly.

"I'm not even going to ask" Kakashi muttered, pulling out his perverted green book and began giggling.

"What are we waiting for?" Naruto shouted "we have a bastard to hunt down!"

"Can we stop!" Naruto begged as he half walked half dragged himself along the dirt path.

"What happened to all that unnecessary enthusiasm?" Kakashi asked with out taking an eye off his book.

"I used it all of fighting that sheep...stupid sheep..."

"Maybe we should stop before Naruto passes out" Sakura suggested as Naruto collapsed to the ground.

"I don't think he'll be getting up anytime soon" Sai stated.

"Ugh" was all Naruto could master to say.

"Alright, we'll camp here for the night then" Kakashi declared "I'll go get some wood for a fire"

"I bet hes just going to sit in a tree reading that damn book" Sakura muttered.

"Most likely" Sai agreed and began setting up the tents. Which after quite a few failed attempts FINALLY were set up correctly.

"That took more effort then i'd expected" Sakura puffed as she collapsed into a heap next to Naruto.

"Tell me about it. It was frustratingly tiring just watching you two put them up!" Naruto exclaimed.

Sai and Sakura glared at the blonde, who could barely even see as it had gotten dark quite quickly and Kakashi was still attempting to light the fire.

"Ha ha, we have FIRE!" Kakashi shouted excitedly.

"Well done Kakashi-sensei" Sakura giggled at her sensei.

"Well I don't know about you three but I think we should hit the hay. We have to get up extra early tomorrow" Kakashi remind them.

"Hai Kakashi-sensei" Sai and Naruto agreed and crawled over to there tents.

"I think i'll have first watch" Sakura informed them "I don't think i'll be able to sleep just yet, with the countdown on the timer almost coming to an end and all that" she admitted.

"Okey Sakura-chan, wake me up for my shift though okey?" Naruto yawned and retreated into his tent.

Sakura however forgot his last words and stayed awake the entire night, just watching the timer countdown. It wasn't till dawn that it reached 00,00,00,00.
Sign up to rate and review this story