Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Letter to trouble

Blown up

by Justforstories 3 reviews

Have you seen Jay blown up before? I wish that anyone would not agitate him further.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-14 - Updated: 2006-06-15 - 1344 words

0Unrated
PLease do not expect much of the second chapter. Hope you enjoy it though.

Soon after, they went to the Janitor's closet and Jay placed his medallion into the keypad. The lock clicked open and they slipped inside.
"Why do we have to come here every time we make an important decision? I have not put on my facial today yet and I have to be prepared for the next time I go on camera." Neil complained.
"If you do not shut up over there Neil, I promise you will not be able to go on camera anymore. We need professional advice on this situation and you are not a professional." Theresa shouted at him, prodding a finger at his chest and pinning him to a wall.
"Oh, I'm scared." He said sarcastically but that shut him up.
In Hera's office, the team told everything to Hera including all their worries.
"So you see we need your advice on this, Hera." Jay explained.
"I do not think that you should be worried about your teammates at this point of time, Jay. Your own safety is at risk here. You can't protect them forever Jay. Your friends have been fighting with Cronus for two months already and they can take care of themselves." Hera said.
"But if anyone got hurt while I am away..." Jay tried to protest but Hera stopped him.
"Injuries are unavoidable in battles, especially against an ancient Greek god." Hera explained further.
"But my friends are my responsibility, because I am their leader." Jay tried to make Hera see his point.
"A leader's duty is to lead the group and prevent as little casualties to his team but you are not supposed to protect them. You should know that by now Jay." Hera said with a warning tone.
"Is that supposed to be a challenge to my leadership of this group?" Jay shouted, his temper rising.
"It is not a challenge Jay, but you care too much about your friends. Sometimes sacrifices are inevitable. Plus your friends are protected by the gods in New Olympia." Hera mentioned.
"If you gods can protect us and are so good in everything, Cronus would not have been able to hurt us. Or much better, he would not have even been able to escape from prison in the first place." Jay yelled and everyone was shocked.
No one would have dared to say that in front of any god. However Jay yelled it in front of Hera. Hera was taking aback and can't believe what Jay had said. Jay could not contain his stress anymore; he had been pushed to his limits. His face was now showing the result of too much stress and anger being bottled up for too long. Archie and the rest had never seen Jay blew up like that before; they were all scared of him now and retreated back in silence.
"You get out..." Hera told Jay.
"Fine, I do not want to stay here any longer." Jay shouted and slammed the door behind him.
With all the fury in him, Jay ran straight back to the dorm.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"My, my... a broken relationship between a teacher and a student. What perfect timing to test out my new 'pet'." Cronus smiled, proud at his latest creation as he watched Jay's every movement with his magic pool.
The 'pet' was about an average height of a teenager. It has poisonous claws which can kill anyone who came into contact with it. Its scaly back shone in the sunlight and has a long tail which was good for catching prey as it seems to have a mind of its own. On the whole it looks like a scorpion with 100 tiny legs for support. It was simply revolting.
"How sad Jay, Hera had left you alone to fend for yourself. Don't worry I will take you in if no one does and make you my right hand man." Cronus laughed.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"So who wants to go in and talk to Jay?" the rest discuss as they crowd outside Jay's room.
"How about we let Neil try? He is lucky but so he should be fine." Archie said
"No way. I may be lucky but this is an anger management problem." Neil objected.
"Ya and Neil is not the eloquent type is he." Atlanta said.
Everyone agreed and nodded their heads.
"Hey, take that back Atlanta" Neil yelled.
"Will you guys stop quarrelling? I have enough for today." Jay shouted from inside the room.
"I think Theresa should go. She will be able to talk Jay out of it and besides Jay has a soft spot for her." Atlanta said confidently.
"Me...?" Theresa stammered.
"You can do it, we have faith in you." Odie continued.
"If you say so." Theresa replied and went in.
Jay was on his table reading his book and doing his homework. It seems like he was still mad at Hera judging by the state of his messy room. Books were scattered all over the place and pieces of papers littered the floor. Theresa had to pick up a few history books before reaching Jay.
"Jay...Are you...ok?" She stammered.
"Ya I'm fine. Never been better." Jay replied as he was still buried in his books.
It seems like Jay was not about to yell at her, thus she continued.
"Jay about that incident back there, Hera had decided to forgive you." Theresa said
"Really, she must have been in a forgiving mood then wasn't she?" Jay said sarcastically.
"Jay she did not mean to blow up at you, and we think that you should not be mad as well. You should not have said those words in the first place." Theresa explained.
"Oh so, it is my fault now is it? Then sorry but...NO!" Jay said, his temper rising again.
"No it is not your fault Jay. You are just too caring, sometimes you have to let go" Theresa pleaded hoping not to get another round of scolding.
"But..." he wheeled around and stopped. He did not know what else to say.
"No one thinks you are incapable Jay, but we stand together as a team and not you just standing alone." Theresa said, putting a hand on his shoulder.
"Tomorrow you will be going to the party, but with me ok?" Theresa continued to comfort him.
Jay placed a hand over hers and whispered thanks. He felt much better now and understood what Hera meant. They were his friends not someone to be protected.
"Hey today is a rest day after all, lets hit the mall." Jay smiled feeling much better.
"Sure why not, we'll call the rest first." Theresa beamed and opened the door.
Then in fell Archie and Atlanta, as apparently the whole gang was outside trying to hear what was going on. Archie and Atlanta picked themselves up as the whole group did not know what to say.
"You all right now, Jay?" Archie asked concern about Jay breaking the silence.
"I am fine now, thanks to you guys." Jay answered cheerfully.
"There I knew Theresa would do the trick." Atlanta said.
"What trick?" Jay questioned innocently.
"Nothing..." Atlanta muttered.
"Well if there is nothing else lets hit the mall. Dinner's on me." Jay said
The whole group cheered and they went to the mall.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"So they got back together again. No!!!" Cronus shouted and punched the water making the image blurred.
"Still when Jay and Theresa are gone, the other five would still be at the New Olympia so if the prophecy holds true, this would be a fine time to attack. The gods may be there but I don't give a damn." Cronus said to himself.
"But better be safe then sorry I had better do something about the gods as well. Oh and I almost forgot about Jay and Theresa." Cronus thought aloud and smiled.
Thus Cronus' evil plot is forming and this time it looks like it is going to work!


Third chapter coming up. That's where all the action begins!
Sign up to rate and review this story