Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Tears Don't Fall

by crimsonkiss 0 reviews

Song!fic for the song Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-11-11 - Updated: 2011-11-11 - 1797 words - Complete

0Unrated
The italicized words are lyrics from the song. :3


Gerard slowly makes his way into his bedroom, their bedroom. The bedroom he shares with the love of his life, his always and forever, his wife Lynz. Directly across the hall, sleeping peacefully in her crib is the product of their affection, the apple of their eyes; Bandit, their baby girl. He slinks his way to the chair residing beside the bed and falls into it. This tour had been particularly rough on them all, with leaving their wives behind, and for a couple of them, their children. Each of the members of the band had their own ways of dealing with it.

But Gerard took it the hardest. He had gotten used to having her at his side every moment he could for three years. From the time they got married to the recent album being made. He would go to bed every night, seeing her smiling face and then wake up and living each day seeing it. The tour wasn’t particularly long this time, just a few months. It was enough to do him in though. The more he thought about what he had done one rough night on tour, the more his heart began to break. He would lose her if he told her, but he would lose himself if he didn't.

With blood shot eyes I watch you sleeping
The warmth I feel beside me is slowly fading
Would she hear me if I called her name?

Gerard debated calling out to his wife, to end this pain now. But she looked beyond peaceful laying there, a small smile on her face. “Mmm Gerard.” She quietly moans out. Gerard gets real close to her, almost touching. With a content sigh, she rolls over, falling back into a deep sleep.

A single tear rolled down his face as he remembered that one night. It was three weeks after the tour had started. It had been non stop concert, meet and greet, press talk, travel, concert. Gerard barely had anytime to call his wife. After a show in New York, after all the fans had began dispersing from them, she came out of nowhere.

“Hello Gerard.” She said coolly.

“What do you want Eliza?” He responded bitterly.

“Oh don’t be like that baby; it’s been ages since we’ve talked.” She ran her hand down his chest, finding his and intertwining their fingers. Lynz’s face flashed into his mind as Eliza brushed her lips against his.

Would she hold me if she knew my shame?

Gerard frantically pulled Eliza onto the tour bus, glancing around to make sure the rest of his band was off somewhere. He pushed her into his bunk and it all went downhill from there.

There's always something different going wrong
The path I walk is in the wrong direction

Gerard smacked himself in the small tour bus bathroom, looking behind himself in the mirror to find Eliza slowly putting her clothes back on. He despised her, hated her with every fiber in his body for making him do what just happened. No, she didn’t rape him, but she took advantage of a crucial moment in his life away from his wife. She winked at him before slowly exiting the tour bus.

“See ya Frank.” She said with a hint of pride in her voice.

Frank rushed back to find his best friend with only a towel wrapped around his waist, both arms gripping the small sink with all their strength. Frank caught Gerard’s eye in the medicine cabinet mirror, saw the tears that started to fall.

“God Frank, please tell me I didn’t just cheat on my wife.”

Frank could only stare on in disbelief as his best friend broke down.

“Please, help me Frank.” Gerard sobbed out in despair.

There's always someone fucking hanging on
Can anybody help me make things better?

Gerard stifled a cry as Lynz began to stir, rolling over and meeting her husbands sorrow filled eyes.

“Oh my god, you’re home!” She jumped out of bed, throwing herself in his arms. She began placing kisses up and down his neck, finally resting on his lips. “Ms B. and I have missed you so fucking much baby! Oh my god I can’t believe you’re actually back!”

Gerard could feel the warmth sliding down his cheek as he realized his wife was crying. He pulled her back to get a good look at her.

“What’s wrong baby?” He asked, using his thumb to wipe away a stray tear.

“I’m just so fucking happy to have you home!” She threw herself around him once more, sobbing at the connection she had been longing for, for months.

Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home

Lynz quitted down after holding her husband for a few minutes. She pulled back and looked deep into his eyes, causing his heart to soar. All the built up frustration from the cheating episode slowly died down as he stared at his wife, a longing in his heart to be with her once more.

The moments die, I hear no screaming
The visions left inside me are slowly fading

He leaned in, kissing her passionately. Her hands snaked their way around his head as she pulled him closer, desperate to get more of him. He lifted her up and her legs wound around his body, and gently laid her down on the bed.

Would she hear me if I called her name?

He moaned her name, pressing his body onto hers, melting them into one person. Her arms wrapped around his torso as their lips crashed together again in a heated battle.

Would she hold me if she knew my shame?

Eliza’s faced flashed back into his mind and he quickly pulled away, rolling off of Lynz.

“What’s wrong Gerard? Do I have morning breath or something?” She asked jokingly.

“No… It’s just… Something went wrong on tour…”

There's always something different going wrong
The path I walk is in the wrong direction

“What do you mean?” She asked, suddenly very serious.

“I uhm… I ran into an old friend.”

“Who?” She spat venomously.

There's always someone fucking hanging on
Can anybody help me make things better?

“An old girlfriend…”

Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home

Lynz’s face scrunched up as the realization hit her.

“Sweetie please don’t cry!” Gerard called out desperately, scooting closer to comfort her.

“Get the fuck away from me!” Lynz screamed in response. “What did you do with her?!”

“It was only once! I swear baby!”

“Don’t fucking call me baby!”

Gerard jumped out of bed as Lynz angrily threw her wedding ring at him.

“Was it worth it?! Was she fucking worth it?!” She was sobbing now, borderline hysterical.

Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home

He knew he should have kept his mouth shut, to never have said anything in the first place. He ran to the downstairs bathroom, slamming the door behind him. Now because of his one horrid mistake, he was going to lose his wife and his daughter, the two most important things to him.

This battered room I've seen before
The broken bones they heal no more, no more

The damage was done, there was no taking it back. He slid down the door clutching his breaking heart as he began sobbing. With shaking hands, he reached up to the medicine cabinet, pulling down a razor, clutching it in his hands. Visions of the perfect life he had before fucking it up played through his mind like a video set on repeat. He couldn’t make it stop. He couldn’t stop imagining what his life without his baby girl and beautiful wife would be like. Without hesitation, he sunk the sharp metal into his wrist, tearing at himself trying to erase what had happened from his memory.

With my last breath I'm choking
Will this ever end? I'm hoping
My world is over one more time

His breathing was becoming shallower, getting harder every time he tried. Blood was pouring from his limp wrist, pooling up around his uncaring body. He wanted so badly to remember a happy time with his family, but could only visualize his wife throwing the ring her got her at him.

“Lynz…” He quietly moans out, unable to muster anything stronger.

Would she hear me if I called her name?
Would she hold me if she knew my shame?

Though he didn’t want to die on such a sour note with her, he knew he was doing the right thing. She would take his daughter and leave. He would never be able to see them again. As his eyes began sliding shut, there came a soft tapping at the door behind him.

“Gerard? You in there?” he couldn’t manage a response, his mouth just opened and closed silently. “Look sweety, I’m sorry. I love you. Can we just talk about this? I didn’t mean to over react.”

There's always something different going wrong
The path I walk is in the wrong direction
There's always someone fucking hanging on
Can anybody help me make things better?

Gerard remained silent, finding it harder to keep his eyes open. He could feel Lynz try to open the door, but found it hard to push open.

“Gerard?” She called out again. A stream of her husband’s blood flowed through the crack of the door, hitting her bare feet. “OH MY GOD! GERARD! PLEASE OPEN UP!”

He managed to slump forward, allowing her enough space to squeeze in.

“Oh my god!” She fell to her knees and picked up his damaged wrist, now barely leaking any blood.

Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come

Gerard closed his eyes, unable to keep them open anymore. His breath came in short, shallow hitched.

“Please baby, please don’t do this! Stay with me! Please! We can work this out! Don’t fucking die on me like this!” She was screaming at him, pleading with him, begging him.

More sobs racked her small body as she fell against him. She lightly kissed his lips as he took his last breath.

Better
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
Sign up to rate and review this story