Categories > Books > Sweet Valley > Sweet Valley...Triplets

Sweet Valley...Triplets

by vbrent 1 review

Buffy crossover. When Buffy jumps off the tower, she is given a new chance at life...as the third Wakefield triplet.

Category: Sweet Valley - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Enid, Jessica, Ken, Lila, Maria, Steven, Todd - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-06-15 - Updated: 2006-06-15 - 823 words

2Insightful
Sweet Valley Triplets???

Summary: When Buffy jumps through the portal at the end of "The Gift," the powers give her aren't ready to let her go, so they give her a second chance with a new family. Just a bit of mindless fun because I've stumbled across too many "third twin" fanfics.

Rating: PG-13 for now. A bit more 'grown up' than the books, but nothing worse than BTVS except for language.

Spoilers: Up to The Gift for Buffy, possibly everything eventually for Sweet Valley. It starts long before the SVH series, but it may go beyond SVU eventually.

Disclaimer: If you recognize it, its not mine. All things Buffy belong to Joss; all things Sweet Valley belong to Francine Pascal. The 'third twin' concept was stolen from several fics scattered over the internet. Monica Wilkins and Michelle Patman are my own creations, because Buffy needed some cool friends in her new life.



Buffy Summers was floating in darkness. She had thought there would be more to death than this...this nothingness. She didn't mind though, it was peaceful. Finally, she found peace. She had a moment of sadness for the ones she left behind, but she was sure they'd be okay. They would take care of each other. They had to. She couldn't let herself think they might not be alright, not when she had finally been granted the peace she had longed for.

Slowly she became aware of another presence in the darkness. She looked around, seeing nothing, but she could feel someone there. "Hello," she called out. And then the other presence came into view, and Buffy groaned in annoyance. Of course, her soul was finally at peace, and they send Whistler. Just perfect.

"Hey there." He spoke softly, with a touch of sadness in his voice, like he didn't want to be here to do whatever it was he was about to do to her. Buffy was already thinking of ways to really make him regret it.

"What do you want with me? I lived, I slayed, I died. I'm done now."

"Sorry, sweetheart. But your not."

"What the hell are you talking about? I gave my life to save the world. Don't I deserve for this to be over?"

Whistler lowered his eyes, hating the powers for making him do this. "Yes. You do. But life isn't fair, and neither is death, especially for a Champion like you. You weren't supposed to die, but you did. The Powers that Be aren't done with you yet, child."

"Well too damn bad. I quit. I'm done. I'm already dead, what more can they do to me?"

"Give you a new life."

"Well, I don't want it." She crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a glare that would scare the crap out of any evildoer. But he had a job to do, and he had to do it.

"Sorry, babes. You don't have a choice, so you really need to listen up so you know what's going on." Buffy just continues to glare at him. He took her silence for compliance and continued.

"They're sending you to a little town a little ways south of Sunnydale called Sweet Valley." Her eyes lit up for a moment before he continued. "Before you fully form the idea, you can't just go back and tell them who you are. Your old body is lying at the foot of that tower. You'll be getting a new body, a new family, a new identity. The world will be slightly altered to allow your new self to be added seamlessly, just like the monks did with Dawn. The difference is, along with all your new memories, you'll have several of your old ones. You'll know who and what you were, and you will still be the slayer."

"And what if I just refuse to go along? Then what?"

Whistler shook his head sadly. "The Powers are going to do this, the decision is already made. If you go around telling people about your old life, people who will remember growing up with you, how do you think they will react? It will go badly, and you will be the one to suffer."

Buffy was silent, as she tried to think of a way to stop this from happening. It wasn't fair. Hadn't she earned her peace? What right did they have? They took her away from her family into peace, and now they would take away her peace? There had to be something she could do, but what?

"I'm sorry, princess, I really am. Time to go now."

*

Brianna Summer Wakefield woke up, cursing Whistler and the Powers for what they were doing to her. She turned to look at the clock on her nightstand. She sat up and turned off the alarm that wouldn't sound for another hour anyway. She had a lot to sort out before her first day of high school.



Sign up to rate and review this story