Categories > Original > Romance

Caged animals

by Katykat77 0 reviews

Steele and Kris are underground fighters. When Steele Beats kris he's out to get back on top but now Kris seems to be falling for Mimi Steele's sister adventure violence and romance mix into one he...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-11-14 - Updated: 2011-11-15 - 698 words

0Unrated
Caged Animals
By Katykat77
Camera lights flashed like stars as cheers rang out and bounced off the metal machinery that served as our seats. The smell of oil and rotten fish intestines mixed with the alchohol and testosterone coming off the drunk, trashy crowd. Curses from losing bets were thrown about, as I fidgeted in my seat. I always hated these stupid things I didn't even bother to learn the names of tonight's fighters. You would think that for a championship match they could do better than an old canning factory with the audience being stuck on dangerous high raised equipment, but whatever. My seat (pure crap btw) was between my friend Austin who was arguing with a man 10 times his size over who would win on my right and an overweight woman dressed in peircings on my left.
Below the machinery a clearing was roped off and surrounded by females ranging from age 15 to 37. Suddenly an alarm went off startling me, my attention immediantly turned to the ring. I thought the groups would scatter but on the contrary th crowd seemed to go into a frenzy with every echo.
I watched in awe as two young men entered. They circled each other like wild animals ready to tear the others head off. The man the left had dirty blonde hair poking out from under a red wool cap, a dark grey shirt over a pair of camo pants tucked into bulky, black hiker boots. He had a strong build, not to skinny, not to bulky and what could only be described as pure rage in his eyes.
In the other corner was a lean man with wood brown hair and much calmer brown eyes. Fairly light skin at 5 foot 5 inches he sported a red wife beater, grey gym shorts, and old fashion flat soled boxing boots. Neither looked older than 16.
Out of no where Blondie made a move! He ran towards Red with a punch aimed at his still calm face. Red shirt dodged it like nothing along with the following onslaught while delivering several hard jabs and punches into Blondie's torso.Bam! The next move I didn't see but Blondie had gotten behind Red and shot a hard kick to the back of his knee, knocking him to the ground.
Red retaliates with a swift kick that drops Blondie on his back. The crowd goes wild as Red jumps up and delivers a blow to his face. I was pretty sure it wasn't legal but then again there were no rules in this match. Blondie kicked his legs up and sent Red flying behind him. Red bounced off the ropes and crash landed on his head. Everything suddenly became rigid, Blondie was now a wild animal ready to kill on sight and Red had lost that serene look and was now filled with a similar flame.
Just as Blondie swung his leg to kick the dog while he was down, I heard a girl scream, "Steele!" miraciously Red was back on his feet before the kick connected. He seemed to move fatser than humanly possible! Punches, kicks, knees, and jabs were thrown and each one landed perfectly.
Blondie was viciously backed into a corner, a death zone in any fight. Red wasnt even giving Blondie a chance to block, this wasnt a fight any more it was a murder.
Blondie's head hung low , his arms were draped over the ropes to support him. When the crowd was practically screaming Red pulled back his arm and smashed it into Blondie's face. The crowd went ballistic as Blondie dropped to his knees and finally the cold hard floor. I could have sworn , despite everything, I heard him whimper. As we alll jumped to our feet my first instinct was to help him.But Austin put a hand on my shoulder keeping me back.
His grin was so big it was almost creepy. "Dude did you see that?! Steele is the new underground champion! Kris got knocked the fuck out!"
The fuck out indeed. As Steele walked out into the crowd with the championship belt I looked back at Blondie to see he was still passed out. And bleeding.
Sign up to rate and review this story