Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Gerard and Lyn-z sat next to each other in Sister Megan’s office. “Emily’s a really smart girl.” Sister Megan smiled “She was brought over to America about four years ago yet she speaks perfect English.”
“That’s amazing.” Lyn-z smiled “She really seemed to open up to us.”
“Yes, she seemed to make a real connection.” Gerard agreed “What’s she like?”
“She’s very polite, extremely mature for her age and a bit of a princess. The only time we’ve had any trouble with her is when we tried to take away the ribbons she wears.”
“And how does she get on with the other kids?” Lyn-z wanted to know.
Sister Megan smiled again “Whenever she needs to interact, she gets on beautifully with the other kids.”
“Do you think she’d get on well with Gabriella?” Lyn-z asked Gerard.
Gerard nodded “I think that Emily might be a perfect role model for Gabriella. And possibly a good influence on Ryan…”
“Ryan isn’t badly behaved.” Lyn-z scowled but then smiled again “Could you tell us more about Emily’s past?”
“She prefers not to talk about it…” Sister Megan said delicately “We’re not too sure about her orphanage in Poland but her last adopted family died in a fire.” Lyn-z and Gerard were shocked “Emily only just made it out alive. She doesn’t talk about it and she seems happy enough so I wouldn’t bring it up.”
The couple nodded. Gerard asked “So you haven’t noticed any behaviour problems?”
“No, except for when people try to take her ribbons away… Emily is a very helpful child, always offering to help with something and she does excellently in all her classes.”
“And she seems to love art.” Gerard smiled “I think she’ll fit in brilliantly to our household.”
“So are you sure about this?” Sister Megan asked “You really want to adopt Emily?” Gerard and Lyn-z nodded “Excellent! If you give me three weeks, I’ll sort out the paper work and you can take Emily home.”
Gerard and Lyn-z took each other’s hands and smiled. They couldn’t wait to bring Emily home with them.

Lyn-z sat at her piano trying hard to play. It was the first time she’d tried to play her piano in a while. But it was getting difficult.
Suddenly Lyn-z heard a loud bang, making her jump and mess up her tune. Lyn-z sighed and continued playing but yet again the loud bang returned. Lyn-z slammed her hands down on the keys. She groaned and put her head in her hands. “Oh my god…” She muttered under her breath, letting her mind wander. But yet again the loud bang returned.
Lyn-z stood up from the piano and stormed outside. Gabriella was chucking a basketball at a basketball hoop but not getting it inside. “Gabe!” Lyn-z yelled as loudly as she could.
Luckily Gabriella heard her and turned around to look at her Mother “Could you stop doing that? Mommy’s trying to work!” Lyn-z said and signed to her child.
Gabriella signed ‘I’m sorry’ back.
Lyn-z sighed “No, I’m sorry. I was just trying to play… Oh look, here’s Daddy!”
Gerard and Ryan pulled up into the drive. Immediately, Ryan jumped out of the car, stole the basketball from Gabriella and laughed “Mine!” He cried, chucking it into the basketball hoop.
Gerard jumped out of the car and saw the look on his wife’s face “Hey, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing, I’m just on the edge.” Lyn-z sighed “I’ll be fine when Emily’s here.”
Gerard kissed her on the cheek then ran to play basketball with his kids. Lyn-z sighed heavily before tiptoeing back into the house silently.

Emily looked out the window and smiled. Her new adopted parents were here and walking up to the orphanage. Sister Megan had waddled outside to greet them. Emily’s smile increased as she watched Gerard run his fingers through his hair. ‘He looks… Cute when he does that.’ Emily thought to herself as she watched Gerard shake hands with Sister Megan.
Emily turned away from the window and began walking down the corridor. On her way down the stairs she bumped into one of the orphans, Amelia. Amelia smiled at her “I’m so happy for you Emily!” Amelia giggled “You’re finally getting adopted!”
Emily ignored her and continued walking down the stairs. She didn’t pause or stop walking until she made it to the door. Then she took a deep breath, reached for the door knob and pulled it open.
When Gerard saw Emily standing in the doorway he smiled sweetly at her. Emily smiled shyly at him and stepped outside, shutting the door behind him. Lyn-z stepped into view and grinned at Emily, holding out her hand to Emily. Emily walked towards her and took her hand.
Sister Megan called to Emily as the two walked away “I hope you enjoyed your stay here Emily! Have a nice life!”
Emily ignored her. Gerard opened the back car door and Emily slipped inside “Thank you.” She giggled.
Her new parents chucked her bags into the boot of the car and soon they were halfway home already.
Gerard was busy concentrating on the road, every so often Lyn-z turned around to talk to Emily and Emily was busy practicing how to sign ‘Hello Gabriella. My name is Emily. I’m your new sister.’
Lyn-z turned back to face her. Emily showed her what she’d learnt and Lyn-z grinned “That was perfect.” Lyn-z told her “Gabriella’s going to love you.”
Emily simply giggled in return, sat back and stared out the window for the remainder of the trip. She finally spoke up when the house popped into view. Emily gasped “Is that really your house?”
“Well now it’s your house too.” Gerard told her, making Emily blush and smile.
Gerard stopped the car and Emily was the first out of the car, looking up at the huge house that was now hers too. In one of the windows in the house, Emily saw a small girl looking down on her. The small girl disappeared and moments later she was running out of the front door of the house.
Emily studied the small girl as she ran to her Mom and they embraced. Gerard was round the back of the car getting Emily’s bags. The small girl looked up at Emily “Hello Gabriella.” Emily said aloud and signed “My name is Emily. I’m your new sister.”
Gabriella smiled and signed back “Hello Emily.”
“She was learning that the entire way home.” Lyn-z held Gabriella in her arms and carried her inside, Emily leading the way.
Gerard laughed “Oh, I’m fine, carrying all the bags!”
Gerard’s Mother stood up when she saw Emily. “This is Gerard’s Mom and your Grandma.” Lyn-z told Emily “Say hello Emily.”
Emily curtsied “It’s very nice to meet you.”
“Oh, it’s very nice to meet you too.”
Ryan was in the kitchen getting a drink of joke. He looked up at Emily and scowled. He’d known Emily was going to show up and he’d been dreading the day, ever since he’d been told what Emily would be like. And as he stared at her, Ryan decided she was worse than he’d imagined she’d be.
Gerard put Emily’s bags down, put his arm round her and took her towards Ryan. Ryan walked out of the kitchen and into the living room to meet his new younger sister. “Ryan, this is Emily. Emily, this is Ryan.”
Emily held out her hand politely “Hello Ryan, it’s wonderful to meet you.”
Ryan was still for a moment before taking her hand and shaking it “Hey.” He mumbled. When Emily pulled away to explore the downstairs area of her house, Ryan turned to his Father “Why does she dress like that?”
Gerard hit him round the back of the head playfully “What have I told you about manners?”
“I was just asking a question…”
“Oh, you have a piano!” Emily cried running to where her new Mother’s piano was standing.
Lyn-z smiled “Yeah, would you like me to teach you how to play?”
“That would be wonderful.” Emily grinned.
Lyn-z was delighted that Emily wanted to be taught how to play her favourite instrument. She couldn’t wait for their lessons to start.
Gabriella grinned and signed out ‘Show Emily her room’.
Emily looked at Lyn-z and beamed “I get my own room?”
“Of course you do!” Lyn-z took Emily’s hand “Come on, we’ll show you.”
The entire family trouped up the stairs, to the room opposite the bathroom. They opened the door and Emily stepped inside, looking around. She had a white bed with white sheets, a fish tank with a blue light, a white desk and a white chest of draws. Emily whirled around, smiling from ear to ear “It’s beautiful!”
“You really like it?” Gerard asked.
Emily ran to her new father and threw her arms round his waist “It’s amazing! Thank you so much!”

Later, Lyn-z walked into the living room where Emily, Gabriella, Gerard, Gerard’s Mother, Ryan and two of Ryan’s friends were waiting. Lyn-z was holding a cake with ‘Welcome to the family’ written in icing on the top and five candles lit.
Gerard smiled “Hey look Emily, you get your own cake.”
“It’s for me?” Emily asked, standing up and running to Lyn-z.
Lyn-z bent down so that the cake was face-to-face with Emily. Emily blew out the candles and giggled.
Gerard stood up, took the cake off Lyn-z and put it down on the coffee table “I think it’s time for your presents!”
“You brought me presents?” Emily asked “Really?”
“Yes, we did.” Gerard turned to Gabriella and signed “Go and bring Emily the present you brought her.”
Gabriella grinned with excitement, leaped up and ran upstairs to her bedroom to retrieve Emily’s present. Not happy that Emily was getting presents and he wasn’t, Ryan turned to his friends “Let’s play on Guitar Hero.” Ryan muttered “It’s boring just sitting here.”
Ryan’s best friends Carl and Alex nodded and they all started playing. Gabriella ran down the stairs with a heavy looking present in her hands. She handed it out to Emily who took it and tore off the wrapping paper. Inside a book titled ‘Sign Language – Over 100 American phrases!’
“It’s wonderful!” Emily cried, turning to Lyn-z “How do you say thank you in sign language?”
Lyn-z showed her and Emily repeated the sign to Gabriella, who grinned and signed back ‘You’re welcome’.
“Dad!” Ryan cried “Hey look Dad, I’m thrashing Carl!”
“That’s great Son!” Gerard replied, picking something up from the other side of the room. It was another present for Emily. He hid it behind his back and turned around. Emily tried to grab it and he turned around again, grinning at her. Emily laughed and Gerard handed her the present.
Ryan looked over and was not happy that Emily was taking up all of his Dad’s attention “Dad, look, my solo’s nearly over!”
Gerard turned around and looked mildly interested “Wow, well done Ryan!” Then he turned back to Emily to see her re-action when she opened his present.
Smiling, Emily tore off the wrapping paper and her mouth fell open when she saw what it was. He had brought her a new artist easel.
“Oh thank you!” Emily ran and wrapped her arms tightly around Gerard’s neck.
The song on Guitar Hero finished and Ryan turned to look at his Dad. He saw him hugging Emily and was instantly jealous. Emily smiled smugly at him and Ryan turned away “Let’s get outta here.” He said to his friends “This is lame.”

[A/N] - OMG! Thanks for all the reviews :D Please R&R it makes me really happy:)
Sign up to rate and review this story