Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Disenchanted

So Take Me From This Hospital Bed

by bvbrocks 0 reviews

Coffee, phone calls, and...hospitals?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-11-21 - Updated: 2011-11-21 - 816 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s P.O.V
Gerard had left my house about a half-hour ago, and I still felt horrible and tired, even after downing three cups of coffee and a pack of Skittles. My phone rang, and Mikey’s picture popped up. Even though I wasn’t in the mood to talk, at all, something told me to pick up anyway. “Frankie?” I heard the bassist say, and the fear in his voice immediately woke me up. “Yeah. What is it Mikes?” I asked, even though I thought I already knew. “Frank, get to the hospital now...its Gee.” And I was running towards my car.

~

By the time time I got to the hospital, I was shaking so hard from fear and worry that I could hardly drive. I didn’t even have a real, concrete idea of what had happened, seeing as how I hung up on Mikey as soon as I got in the car, but I was pretty sure of what Gerard had done. I ran into the main lobby like a madman, and scared the receptionist half to death. “I’m looking for Gerard Way,” I said, breathlessly. She somehow knew not to question me, and said “Room 1A.” I nodded quickly, and ran as fast as I could down the hallway, nearly toppoling over a man in a wheelchair in the process.
When I found the room, I crashed through the door, without bothering to knock first. I saw Mikey and Gee sitting together (well Gerard was laying down on a hospital bed, but whatever), and the moment I saw Gee was indeed alive, I calmed down considerably. Then I noticed the million and one needles sticking out of his arms and the heavy bandages covering his wrists. “What the hell happened to you?” I asked, shocked by his appearance.

Gerard’s P.O.V
“What the hell happened to you?”
Now there is a question I really didn’t want, or even know how, to answer. What had happened? I didn’t really remember, but I did my best to answer anyway, “I remember running home, and arriving at my house. That’s about where things get blurry. I think what I did was down a full bottle of Tylenol with some vodka on the side, and then I must have slit my wrists for good measure. Then somehow Mikey was there, and now I’m here, end of story.”
Frank looked to Mikey, who nodded and said, “I’ve been checking up on him ever since you guys broke up. As I’m sure you can tell, he’s been a mess ever since, and I was afraid something like this would happen. Did you know he’s drinking again?” Mikey looked down at me and shook his head, though whether he was disappointed in me or Frankie was unclear. Frank looked at me as well, but with a look of shock on his face. “Why Gerard? Why would you do all this?” he said, somehow not understanding.
“I love you, Frank,” I said, “Too much to live without you. And if that means dying, that’s what I’ll do. Just know I don’t blame you for anything.” I was surprised at how calm my voice was throughout the entire statement. Frank was speechless for a few moments, then said in a sad voice, “Gee, I don’t know who you think I am, but I’m not worth dying over. The entire time we were going out, the one thing I kept thinking was how someone so perfect that he could get anyone he wanted was sticking with an ugly screw-up like me.” Now it was mine turn to be shocked. Did he seriously not know how perfect and beautiful he was? I couldn’t even find words to tell him how wrong he was. But I tried anyway. “Frankie, nobody could ever compare to you. You are absolutely perfect in every single way. The only reason I ever cheated on you was I wasn’t in my right mind. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, but you are the most amazing person on earth, and whoever you wind up with will be the luckiest man ever.”

Frank’s P.O.V
“...whoever you wind up with will be the luckiest man ever.”
Gee was lying. He had to be. Nobody could ever say those things about me and mean it. But even if he was, I could feel myself becoming ready to forgive him. And maybe I should, I thought. And then I decided I did. And I walked over and kissed the man I was in love with on the lips with more passion than I ever had before.
A/N This is the end of Disenchanted. But stay tuned for a new story coming soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story