Categories > Original > Romance

Living Without You

by xxFrerardxx 0 reviews

Beau and Alyssa have been bestfriends as long as they can remember, but what happens when you start to get feelings? Too bad Beau's headed to the battlefield.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2013-08-28 - 647 words

1Moving
As I walked up the wooden white steps of the beautiful small yellow house, I smoothed down my shirt. I checked myself over for a final time. Inhale, exhale. Knock. Knock.
"Alyssa!" I heard a female voice call loudly, suddenly the door flew open. A thin blonde haired woman stood there, in her cooking apron already at 7:00 in the morning. Her dark brown eyes stared up at me in the front entrance.
"Beau Stevens, hi." She sighed, motioning me inside with a wave of her hand. So I stepped inside the small cozy house, inhaling the fimilar smell.
"Oh and Happy Birthday." She managed to put on a smile.
"Thank you, Mrs Davis. You're only 18 once right?" I attemped to make a functional conversation with her. Wishing Alyssa would just come downstairs already. It's not a secret that Mrs Davis doesn't like me, actually she makes it apparent to everyone that she doesn't like me one bit. No matter how hard I try, she doesn't budge.

Next thing I know, I see long legs that begin to walk down the stair. A beautiful form fitting dress with white flowers along the bottom hugs her every curve. The face followed, smooth, flawless features of my best friend smiled at me. Man, she was gorgeous. Her long light brown hair hung with loose curls. Mesmerizing.
"Beau! Birthday Boy!"She rushed over to me and hugged me tightly to her. I smiled, wrapping my arms along he waist. But God forbit it be to low, with her mother eyeing us, full of disapprovement.
"You look great." I whispered to her lightly. But it's all honesty. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She stopped hugging me suddenly at this, and looked down at herself.
"You really think so? Not too plain? I was thinking it was too.. dull for school. You know how all these girls compete these days, it's hard to keep up-" She starting rambling on, like always. Looking down at herself, forehead wrinkled at the sight of her outfit. I rolled my eyes, not even trying to hide it.
"Shh, you're ridiculous." I shook my head at the thought of her being dull. Alyssa Davis is the farthest thing from boring.
"Thanks I guess, but it's your day!" She took me by the hand and lead me to the dinning room, which goes off into the open kitchen. I hope she doesn't over do it this year, then again why wouldn't she? She always does.
"You're coming over after school right?" She asked looking up at me with her big brown eyes.She noticed my mixed expression. "You have to! I have presents, and I made a cake last night. It actually looks fine this year, I promise. Not like last year when-" oh goodness, here she goes again.
"Yes, of course. But my parents want me to actually be home tonight. So come have dinner with us tonight, please?" I knew I was asking a lot, but it was my birthday after all.
"But, you know I don't like him Beau." She whispered, careful of her over hearing mother.
"I know, and I'm sorry. But I don't want to be there anymore then you do. Remember that." I told her, as I planed a soft kiss to her temple. Thankfully her mothers back was turned, so I didn't get daggers that time.
"Fine." She gave in. "Mother, we're leaving now. See you after." She pecked her on the cheek. She turned and walked out the front door briskly. I grabbed her books from the table quickly to catch up.
"Bye Mrs Davis. You have a good day now ma'am." I smiled brightly and recived no acknowledgement that I even spoke. Well then.



Suppose to be set in the 1960's. Not really the best at this whole thing, but it'll get better, I swear!
Sign up to rate and review this story