Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blinded by Misery

Too much

by imashamally 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-11-24 - Updated: 2011-11-24 - 1788 words

0Unrated
I awoke to the sound of traffic down below and road work, what a joy. As I sat up with the satin sheets wrapped around my shivering body, the thoughts of last night came crashing down on me. From the best performance of my life to the party to almost kissing Gerard. I'm such a dumb ass, why didn't I do it? I know why because I'm stupid and scared. Of what, I don't know. On my bedside table my sidekick alerted me of a voice mail. Of course, it was from my momma, at least ten of them were, and one new text.

"Be outside the lobby at 10 o'clock sharp. Gee" I thought to myself who the hell is Gee, but then it hit me it was Gerard. Lovely, now I have to face him after last night but might as well get it over with. I didn't bother texting him back but I did wander how he got my number. I hopped out of bed and ran straight for the shower. As I let the hot water cascade down on my pale skin, I thought about what Gerard wanted me to meet him for. Maybe a date. No, that couldn't be possible. The man is eight years older than me, he probably looks at me like some child. I wouldn't blame him after the fiasco last night. After blow drying my hair, my long curls fell around my face and over my shoulders. It might sound strange but I hate doing my own makeup, so why not go a little more natural. I slipped on my jeans and sweater underneath my looped belt coat. I figured I looked decent enough, so I was out the door at exactly 9:58 am.

As I walked through the glass doors of the building I saw Gerard leaning against his car, arms crossed with his sunglasses on. My god, did he look extra delicious this morning.
"Hi GEE." I smiled putting emphasis on his name he used in the text.
"I knew you would figure out it was me." He stayed where he was while I stood in front of him with my hands on my hips.
"What, stalking me now? How did you get my number?" I asked grinning. He stepped away from the car and approached me.
"If I tell you, you have to go out on a date with me." He smirked.
"Well, then I guess won't be finding out how you got it." I said giggling.
"Oh." His face fell and he started to walk back to his car.
"Gerard, I was kidding. But just one question?" I said as he turned back around.
"Why me?" I asked shyly. He slowly came back to me and pulled me into his arms and whispered in my ear.
"Because you can't resist me." He blew in my ear and I shivered from his touch.
"Someone is seriously full of themselves." I shoved his chest lightly. "Fine, where are you taking me?" I asked as he opened the passenger door for me.
"You'll see." He winked. Once he was in buckled in he started driving.
"Gerard, really where are we going?" I asked again. He reached over and took my hand in his.
"Not where, darling, but what?" He grinned and I stared at him like he was crazy.
"Why is the street so calm?" I noticed it was clear and they had blocked off the roads in some areas and put up ropes along the sidewalk.
"You ask a lot of questions don't you?" He laughed. He pulled behind a building and rushed me inside before I could say one word.
"Hey guys." Gerard announced he was here to everyone. I saw Frank and Jamia, Mikey and Alicia and another couple I haven't met before.
"Hey man, your late." The guy with curly and frizzy hair said.
"I was picking up this lovely lady." He pulled me to his side and introduced me.
"Chrysanthemum this is Ray. He is our lead guitarist." Gerard said squeezing my side. I held my hand out to him and he shook it.
"This is my wife Christa." She came forward and smiled.
"Nice to meet you." I smiled and shook her hand.
"So, sweetie this is the band." Gerard said pointing to the three guys other than himself.
"Wow, I never thought I would meet a famous rock band in all my life." I giggled. They just laughed at me and Mikey kept glancing towards Gerard with a slight discomfort.
"Did you tell her yet?" Frank asked Gerard.
"Tell me what?" I asked looking up at him as he stood next to me with a huge smile on his face.
"Well, we're performing in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and you and the girls are going to ride the float with us." He smiled down at me.
"What?" I asked in shock. "Gerard, no. I can't. That's too much." I blushed.
"Sugar, your going on that float with me and that's final." He chuckled and I felt it rumble in his chest as he held onto me.
"Come on, it will be fun." Alicia said smiling with her husband.
"I don't know, this is just so overwhelming." I said glaring at Gerard who wouldn't stop grinning like a cat.
"Will you excuse us for a second?" Gerard asked them as they nodded and walked across the room.
"Why won't you go?" He asked looking into my eyes as he caressed my cheek.
"For one you and I just met yesterday, two there is a lot of people out there, three its on national TV and four I feel like your doing to much for me." I said shyly as I looked down at my feet. He lifted my chin and made me stare in his eyes.
"Don't ever think I'm doing to much for you, whether or not we just met yesterday. I want to see you smile if this is what it takes then dammit I'm going to make sure you do it." He said with a serious look on his face.
"Shut the fuck up." I said laughing. At first he was stunned and then he began smiling.
"Guys, come on. We have to get ready!" Ray yelled from the door.

The three wives and whatever I was to Gerard were sitting on the top of the float while the guys stood on the platform to perform. They were to play 'All I want for Christmas is You'.
"Are you and Gee dating?" Jamia asked me quietly as she put her hand on my knee.
"No, we're just friends." I said smiling. He looked up at us and winked. He makes my heart stop every time he does that.
"That won't last long." Alicia laughed. I looked at her confused.
"What do you mean?" I asked a little hurt.
"Gee can never be friends with girls and not put moves on them. Sometimes he is such a man whore, but overall he is a good guy." She said gushing at her husband who was blowing her kisses. I smiled at how adorable they were.
"Okay here we go." Christa said to all three of us as the float began moving. As the wind started to hit us, it was freezing cold. After about an hour of parading, the guys finally got to perform and it was amazing. Gerard has the most beautiful voice, like an angel. The girls and I just waved to the crowd beyond the ropes off to the side and smiled. I really thought I could get use to this.

"Did you have fun?" Gerard asked as we drove back to his town house.
"I did." I smiled as I watched his face concentrate on the road.
"I'm glad sugar." He parked on the curb and held my door open for me.
"Your such a gentlemen." I giggled as he held his hand out for me. He smiled and led the way to his front door.
"Have a seat in front of the fireplace while I get us some coffee." He shoved my back lightly with his left hand.
"Okay." I blushed even when my cheeks were frozen. What can I say the guy has that affect on me. As I was scanning the frames hung on the wall and on the fireplace, I noticed a picture of Gerard and an older woman, maybe his mom. I continued scanning over the pictures and saw out of the corner of my eye a gorgeous painting. A woman standing in the center of a stage in a black gown with eloquent curls. The picture was quite bland but had true meaning and beauty to it. I was in deep thought until I heard Gerard come in the den.
"Here you go." He handed me a mug of hot coffee.
"Thank you." I sipped it as he noticed what I was looking at.
"Who is this?" I asked. I didn't really know if it was anyone he knew but the picture seemed so real.
"I always had dreams or fantasies with her in them but for some reason I could never get the image out my head so I drew it." He said walking over and taking a seat on his couch. I walked back over to the fireplace and pointed at the picture I wanted to ask him about.
"Who's this?" I asked him.
"That was Helena, my grandma. She passed a few years ago." He said and I could hear the emotion in his voice.
"I'm sorry." I said regretting asking him about it.
"No, its fine. She was the one that basically taught me how to live and gave me the gift of art." He said like he was remembering an old memory. "We loved her so much, Mikey and I. We were so close. It was a devastation when she passed."
"She sounded like a lovely woman." I said watching him slowly fade into a dark place. "Gerard?" I asked him as I noticed he zoned out for a minute.
"Oh, sorry." He said rubbing his hand across his face. "I just don't really like to talk about it."
"I understand. I'm sorry I asked." I said placing the frame gently back on the fireplace.
"Don't be sorry. Come here." He curved his finger towards him while gesturing me to come to him.
"Yes?" I asked standing in front of him while both hands were holding the mug tightly.


~Author note~
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope its fantastic and I might put the second part of this chapter up tonight, depends on when I get back. So just review and rate and I'll be one happy girl. Thanks! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story