Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Lyn-z was washing up when she heard someone playing her piano. Whoever they were they were extremely good. Lyn-z wondered whether it was Uncle Mikey, Gerard’s brother, who might secretly know how to play piano. But he’d never mentioned it before. Curious, Lyn-z stopped washing up and went to see who was playing the piano.
It was Emily. Lyn-z’s mouth dropped open. She didn’t know the name of the song Emily was playing but it was extremely complicated, a song that even Lyn-z couldn’t play. “Emily!” Lyn-z cried, walking up the couple of steps to the piano and standing behind her “Y-You told me you couldn’t play the piano.”
“No I didn’t.” Emily stopped playing and turned to look at Lyn-z “You offered to teach me and I accepted.”
Lyn-z looked at her for a long moment before Emily continued “It must be frustrating for someone who loves music as much as you to have a daughter who can’t hear and a son who doesn’t care.”
“I have Gerard.” Lyn-z reminded her “He cares about music just as much as I do.”
“Yes but he only sings.” Emily said “Gerard can’t stay concentrated long enough to learn to play an instrument. You wanted to teach someone to play the piano. I was doing you a favour.”
Emily stood up and stormed past Lyn-z. She tried to grab Emily’s arm but Emily was too quick. Gerard walked into the room “What just happened?”
“Emily’s been lying to me!” Lyn-z hissed “She knew how to play the piano the entire time!”
Lyn-z ran her fingers through her hair while Gerard laughed softly “Look, she probably just wanted to make a connection with you. I don’t think she should be punished for that.”
“But it’s like all those piano lessons, all those mistakes she made… She was just pretending all that!” Lyn-z sighed heavily “It’s like we don’t really have anything in common.”
“You do have something in common. You both love playing the piano.”
“She’s like what, ten years old and she’s already better than me!” Lyn-z walked away to continue washing up “When are we taking her to the therapist?”
“I booked her an appointment for tomorrow night.” Gerard told her “Lyn, there’s no need to be mad about this. She hasn’t actually done anything wrong.”
“Emily was just so patronizing.”
“Come on, calm down.”
“I am calm!”

“You really broke Arianne’s leg?” A small group of children had surrounded Emily and were all asking Emily questions.
One of the girls, Ellie, put her hand on her hip and asked “How could you do something so heartless?”
“It’s because she doesn’t have a heart.” Arianne’s best friend Analeigh spat “Just wait until we tell the teacher.”
“If I were you,” Emily said calmly “I wouldn’t go round making accusations. I had nothing to do with Arianne’s breaking of her leg.”
“Phoebe told us you admitted to it.” Analeigh replied “And now you’re denying it?”
“Well Phoebe’s a liar.” Emily smirked “Like she lied to you when she said you didn’t have a huge spot on the end of your nose.”
Analeigh covered her nose with her hand, gasped and stormed away from Emily. The rest of her little gang followed her. Emily looked over at Phoebe who was talking to Frankie. In her mind, Emily began planning Phoebe’s death.

That night, when the family were eating dinner, Gerard said “Emily, you’re going to see Lyn-z’s therapist tomorrow night. And then the day after tomorrow you’re going to the dentist.”
Emily’s heart started beating faster but on the outside she remained calm “Why does Lyn-z have a therapist?”
There was silence around the table until finally Lyn-z said patiently “Because I think it’s good to let out your emotions out once in a while. It’s nothing to worry about though Emily.”
“I’m not worried.” Emily smiled sweetly “Could you pass me the potatoes please?”
The potatoes were right next to Ryan, who ignored her. Gerard looked up “Could you pass the potatoes to your sister please Ryan?” Gerard asked.
Ryan was about to snap at his Dad for calling Emily his sister but then he remembered Emily’s threats the other nights. He was now beginning to get quite scared of her. So he didn’t say anything and just passed Emily the potatoes.
She smiled sweetly at him “Thank you Ryan.”
“You’re welcome.” Ryan mumbled. He took a deep breath “I’m sorry about what I said the other night Emily.”
His parents smiled and so did Emily “I forgive you Ryan. Thank you for apologising.” She said sweetly.
Gerard nodded at him “I’ll unlock your tree house… As soon as I find the key…” Gerard flushed bright red.
But Ryan didn’t care about his tree house much. He just didn’t want to get on Emily’s bad side.
Even so, after dinner while Emily was having a bath, Ryan crept into Gabriella’s room. Emily was singing extremely loudly so that people would know she was in the bathroom “That’s the story of… That’s the glory of…”
Ryan ran over to Gabriella who was drawing “Gabriella,” He signed and said out loud “Did Arianne push Emily down the slide?”
They both looked at each other for a while before Gabriella nodded “You have to tell Mom and Dad.” Ryan signed and said.
But Gabriella signed ‘They can’t help.’
Ryan sighed heavily, stood up and walked over out of Gabriella’s room. For a moment he thought that Emily had stopped singing and he was terrified. But then Emily began singing again and he dared breathe out. He ran into his room and hid under the duvet, wishing he’d never met Emily.

The sound of her phone ringing caused Lyn-z to wake up “Uhh hello?” She asked, looking around. Gerard was already awake and downstairs so she was all alone.
It was Sister Amelia, one of the workers at the orphanage “Hello Lyn-z, I was just calling to ask if Sister Megan ever made it to your house for her appointment the other night.”
“Umm yeah she did, why?”
“It’s just we haven’t seen her since and we’re beginning to get worried about her.”
Lyn-z gasped “Well have you phoned the police? They can come and investigate around our area.”
“I’ll do that right away.”
Sister Amelia hung up and Lyn-z lay back down on the bed in shock.
Sign up to rate and review this story