Categories > Anime/Manga > Tactics

Through A Glass, Darkly

by feliciter-audax 0 reviews

Some things are best seen on reflection.

Category: Tactics - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Haruka, Kantarou - Published: 2006-06-19 - Updated: 2006-06-19 - 267 words - Complete

4Insightful
It is a rare day that Ichinomiya Kantarou is not harassed about unpaid bills.

This is not one of those days.

He is surrounded by numerous glasses of varying shapes and sizes in Haruka's room, wondering which ones would fetch a reasonable price, and how best to effect their removal in such a way as to escape a tengu's notice.

"Why are you here?"

"Oh, Ha-Haruka, just admiring your impressive collection, there are so many that they're practically falling off the shelves!"

"Is that why you're removing this?"

Kantarou at least has the decency to look abashed as Haruka brings his hand closer to examine the object in his palm. He turns it between his fingers, brows lifting slightly as the prism disperses the sunlight streaming in through the window into a rainbow spectrum on the bare wall of the room.

"I don't recall seeing that happen."

"Maybe you didn't catch the light the right way."

"Maybe I just don't remember."

Still holding Kantarou's hand, Haruka turns towards the exorcist, who involuntarily steps back as the tengu's fathomless dark eyes bore into him like gimlets. When he blinks, Haruka is regarding him with a mildly amused expression.

"But the colours are beautiful, aren't they? I wouldn't have realized it could do this if you hadn't shown it to me. Initially, I didn't want to keep it, because all the reflections were distorted."

Kantarou's grin spreads across his face as he replaces the prism carefully.

"Well, perhaps you just needed to look at it from a different perspective."

Haruka's answering smile does not quite reach his opaque eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story