Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Once they’d taken Ryan to the hospital, the doctors told them there was no point in waiting around. They could come back to visit tomorrow when the doctors would have more information.
Lyn-z set both the kids to bed and then went to find Gerard “Now tell me that there’s not something weird about Emily.” Lyn-z snapped “After what’s happened to Ryan, I insist that Emily go back to the orphanage.”
“How can you even say that?” Gerard asked “What happened to Ryan was a terrible accident.”
“And you’re sure of that?”
“Of course I am.”
“Well why don’t we ask Ryan when he wakes up?” Lyn-z raised one eye-brow “And I know what he’ll tell you Gerard. He’ll tell you that what happened was not an accident!”
Gerard stood up and the two of them began arguing. Emily stood at the top of the stairs, listening to the argument unfold downstairs. Although she was delighted to hear them arguing, she kept thinking about what Lyn-z had said. What would Ryan say when he woke up? Shaking, Emily stood up and crept into Gabriella’s room.

Really early in the morning, Lyn-z walked into her bedroom to find Gerard fast asleep. Lyn-z hadn’t been able to sleep so she’d stayed downstairs reading and trying to calm herself down. She knew that Emily was guilty but she couldn’t prove it to Gerard until Ryan woke up and Lyn-z thought that by then it might be too late. What if Emily did something to hurt Gabriella? Lyn-z wasn’t willing to take the risk.
So Lyn-z crept into her bedroom, grabbed a warm jacket and packed a small bag filled with clothes. Once she’d packed up her stuff, she tip-toed into Gabriella’s bedroom. As she leaned over to wake up her daughter, somebody turning Gabriella’s lamp on made her jump. Lyn-z turned to look at the source of light. It was Emily, sitting on Gabriella’s purple armchair with a small book in her hand.
Lyn-z glared at Emily “What are you doing up Sweetheart?”
“Oh Lyn-z, aren’t we past that now?” Emily asked, looking down at the book in her hands “I’ve heard what you were saying about me.”
“What are you doing with that?” Lyn-z asked, realising that the small book in Emily’s hand was her diary.
Emily smirked and held up the book “I learnt a lot about you from this. Where you hide your bottles, all your fears, your feelings about your family…”
“Give it back to me.”
“I carried my dead baby inside of me for three days,” Emily read aloud “It was the greatest pain in the entire world.”
“Stop it!” Lyn-z cried “Just stop it!”
“Maybe you’d better go back to bed.” Emily commented “You look like you could use some sleep you know.”
“I’m not gonna let you hurt her.” Lyn-z hissed.
Emily stood up and walked towards her. Lyn-z glared down at her, hoping Emily would be a little afraid. But Emily smiled sweetly at her “What are you gonna do? Hit me?”
Lyn-z realised that if she hit Emily, she’d simply tell Gerard and then he’d believe Emily over her.
Emily walked out of the room “If I were you Lyn-z, I’d go back to bed and leave Gabriella alone.”
There was silence before the shuffling of Lyn-z’s feet as she obeyed Emily. What else could she do?

The next day Gabriella and Emily still had to go to school. Gerard agreed to take all five of them up to the hospital after school (Uncle Mikey wanted to go as well). Emily walked into her classroom. Usually this was the point when the entire class would nudge each other and giggle because of the clothes Emily was wearing. But today, nobody was laughing. Everyone knew what happened to Ryan yesterday and was starting to get a little afraid of Emily.
Emily took her usual seat and looked up as the teacher started talking “Today I thought that we could take things easy.” The teacher looked at Emily specifically “We’ll just do some arts and crafts this morning. You can create whatever you want; scissors and glue are at the back of the room.”
One of the first kids to get up to go to the back of the room was Phoebe who loved arts and crafts. Emily instantly stood up and watched Phoebe. She grabbed scissors, glue and several pieces of paper. As she walking back across the room, Emily stopped her “Can I borrow your scissors please?”
“Get your own!” Phoebe instantly snapped before remembering the reputation Emily had. She handed over the scissors reluctantly.
Emily looked at the sharp scissors before plunging them into Phoebe’s chest. Phoebe gasped and Emily shoved her onto the floor so that the scissors went even further into Phoebe’s chest. “Miss, Phoebe’s hurt herself!” Emily cried “I told her not to run with scissors but she wouldn’t listen to me!”
“Oh my god…” The teacher cried, running to Phoebe’s side “Phoebe, can you hear me?”
Phoebe didn’t respond. The teacher looked up and sent all the students out for an early break.
Much to Emily’s delight, everyone avoided her. That was the way she wanted it. Well that was what she told herself.

“Are you ready to go to the hospital?” Gerard asked the girls “Ready to go see Ryan?”
The two little girls nodded and Lyn-z took Gerard’s wrist and pulled him into the kitchen “Gee, please listen to me.” Lyn-z was starting to get rather desperate “Last night Emily was in Gabriella’s bedroom and she was saying all this stuff…”
“You were probably just dreaming Lyn.” Gerard said, putting his hands on her shoulders “Or maybe you were drunk.”
“I did not drink last night!” Lyn-z snapped “Listen, I’m uncomfortable with bringing Emily with us to the hospital. Look, I swear Emily had something to do with Ryan nearly getting burnt alive…”
“Lyn-z you’re just paranoid!” Gerard cried “Right now Ryan needs us so we’d better go and see him. We’ll discuss this later.”
“Alright, fine.” Lyn-z looked over at Emily, Gabriella and Mikey. Mikey was holding Gabriella and Emily was signing something to Gabriella.
Lyn-z took Gerard’s hand and the family went outside to go to the hospital.

They were all sitting in the waiting room when the Doctor came in “How is he?” Lyn-z asked, standing up.
The Doctor took a deep breath “He’s severely bruised his ribs and he has a pretty serious neck injury. We’ll need to keep him over night again to run a few more tests before we can be sure about his physical health.”
“Okay. Thank you Doctor.” Gerard nodded.
The Doctor nodded in response and left the room. Lyn-z took Gerard’s wrist and pulled him out of the waiting room “How can you not see that this is all Emily’s fault?” Lyn-z hissed “How come she’s the golden child to you? Why can’t you think about your biological children’s safety?”
“This is not Emily’s fault!” Gerard snapped “Honestly, how can you blame an innocent child for this?”
“She is no innocent child!” Lyn-z laughed sarcastically.
Gerard shook his head “Lyn-z, you’re crazy. I think maybe you’d better go to rehab or something.”
“For what?” But Lyn-z had a sudden brainwave “Fine, I’ll pack my bags and leave right now. But on one condition. Emily leaves as well.”
“Lyn…”
“The safety of my children comes first!” Lyn-z told him “Look, I made a phone call to Sister Amelia who promised to look up more about Emily. There’s something wrong with her Gerard, you have to understand that. Sister Amelia said she’d phoned up her old orphanage and they said they didn’t even have a record of Emily being there! So Sister Amelia sent a picture just so they could be sure!”
“Okay, fine, when they reply then maybe I’ll start to believe you.” Gerard replied “But she acts weird because she’s had a troubling past.”
“Did you not hear what Sister Megan told us?” Lyn-z asked “Do you not think it’s a little weird that in Emily’s last home, she was the only survivor? And that they think it was arson? God Gerard, why are you stupid?”
“Excuse me?”
The two began to argue but tried to keep it quiet so the kids wouldn’t hear. Gabriella, who was sitting on Mikey’s lap, looked at them and felt tears stinging her eyes. She didn’t understand why Emily was ruining their life. She hated watching her parents argue and she’d hated seeing Emily nearly kill her older brother. But what could she do?
Emily turned to Mikey “Can I have a dollar for the soda machine?” Emily asked sweetly.
Mikey thought about it “I think your parents want you to stay here.” Emily simply nodded and looked at the floor. Mikey sighed and pulled a dollar out of his pocket “Alright but be quick.”
“Thank you!” Emily beamed, jumping up from her seat and leaving the waiting room. But she didn’t go find the soda machine. Instead, she crept into Ryan’s hospital room.
The room was empty apart from Ryan lying in the bed. His eyes were closed and Emily assumed he was asleep and didn’t like it. Emily walked over to him. She took the clip off his finger that measure his heartbeat and put it on her own finger. The heartbeat continued at a normal pace, not arousing any suspicion from the nurses. Emily pulled Ryan’s gas mask off his face and pinched him a little so his eyes opened. She grinned.
Ryan started crying when he saw Emily above him. He was terrified of her. Emily smirked at him once more before grabbing the pillow below his head and pulling it out. Once she’d got it, she gripped it with both hands and shoved it against Ryan’s face, stopping him from breathing.

[A/N] – Can you go back to reviewing please? I love reviews ;D
Sign up to rate and review this story