Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without a sound he took me down

One Of Those Many Things

by VanJA212 1 review

There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me, Gee.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-12-05 - Updated: 2011-12-05 - 1097 words

1Original
Frank's P.O.V
„So… I wanted to discuss two things with you today”, Gerard said when we all sat at the table. He put his hands together and looked at each of us separately. “First things first, I… suggested to Frank that he maybe could join our band if all of you were okay with that.”

Mikey and Ray looked at each other shortly and then both nodded in my direction.

“Of course he can”, Mikey said excitedly.

“Yeah, we need someone like him in the band”, Ray agreed, smiling.

“Someone like me?”

“Yeah, the little, rebellious punk”, Gerard grinned. “Alright, the next thing I wanted to tell you is that Peter told me that he’d like to be our band manager. As all of you know he is pretty rich and he knows a lot of record labels. And he owns a record label himself as well. It’s your decision, guys.” After he had said that he leant back in his chair and put his hands behind his head.

“I don’t know, I don’t really like him. He reminds me of… nevermind” I said and shifted around on my chair uncomfortably.

“What about you, guys?”, Gerard asked Ray and Mikey.

“Well… I don’t really like him either but he knows people. Important people. And we need someone like that to help us.”

“Yeah, Ray’s right.”

Now they all turned their heads to look at me and they obviously waited for me to say something.

“If we really need him, I guess… it’s okay. I mean I just joined the band, I don’t wanna cause any problems already”, I chuckled.

Still I couldn’t shake this feeling that I knew Peter, that I knew his face and that something bad would happen. I felt like I would vomit any minute. So while the guys still laughed and embraced each other I stood up silently and walked out onto the street. I breathed in deeply, trying to ignore my aching heart and twisting stomach. I felt stupid for overreacting like this. I didn’t have any reason to be suspicious about Peter because I didn’t even know him and he had always been nice to me. Just because he reminded me of someone didn’t mean I could hate him just like that. But still…

“Hey, is everyth-“, I heard Gerard’s voice behind me.

I jumped, turned around and bumped into him and we both landed hard on the floor.

“Damn, Gee! Why did you do that?!” I complained and rubbed my aching head.

“Sorry, I thought you’d heard me coming.”

“Well, obviously I haven’t!”

I wanted to lift myself off of him but he held me right where I was.

“Look, what I wanted to talk to you about. This morning when I got up you were still asleep and you had taken off your shirt last night so… I looked at your naked body and I saw all those bruises on your arms… I was shocked. I never want you to hurt yourself ever, Frankie! If you ever feel miserable or if you ever need to talk about something just… talk to me please!” he pleaded with such desperation in his voice that I felt tears forming in my eyes. “I can’t bear the thought of you hurting yourself. I can’t bear the thought of anything bad happening to you…” His voice trailed off.

I sighed. “There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me, Gee. That’s just one of those many things. You’ll soon discover that there are scars all over my body, cutting scars as well. I’m not proud of it but I’ve tried talking to people but still it wouldn’t change a thing so I just… stopped bothering everyone around me and kept it all to myself. I can’t stop. It’s not as easy as you think!”

I stood up now and took a few steps back. Hot tears of anger and sadness were running down my cheeks freely now and my whole body trembled. Gerard suddenly looked at me really angrily and clenched his fists tightly. What had happened? The loving, sympathetic expression on his face had disappeared and all of a sudden pure hatred glistened in his eyes. Did I say something wrong?

He jumped up and spat: “And you think it’s fucking easy to stop fucking drinking?! Are you serious? I think about it every fucking second of my life, about how it would feel to have the liquor running down my throat where it’d warm my insides and make me feel fucking better about myself. How it would make me brave and cool and happy. You fucking understand nothing. Nothing at all, Frankie baby.”

Those last words sounded so hateful… I couldn’t believe this was actually Gerard. The Gerard I loved would have never said that. The Gerard I loved would have hugged me and told me that everything would be okay. But this… this was a different person. And all of the sudden I realized I was scared of him. The furious look in his eyes made me step back once more and suddenly he screamed at me and before I could even realize what was happening, we both hit the floor when he jumped on top of me. His fists hit my face again and again, and although I tried to push him away or at least cover my face I couldn’t do anything. The pain shot through me like bolts but soon I didn’t even feel anything anymore. I just heard Gerard’s angry roars that didn’t sound human. I don’t know if I cried because of the pain or because I knew Gerard hated me, but I felt tears leaking out of the corners of my eyes. Maybe it was blood. I wasn’t sure of anything at that time. The last thing I remember hearing was a muffled scream and shouting.

Authors note: So i know i haven't uploaded anything in quiet a while and i feel horrible about that. That's why i decided to update right now. It's not the greatest of chapters but at least it's exciting, i guess. Also, sorry for Gerard being such a dumbfuck in this chapter but it happened for a purpose. If you are really nice, you can rate and review. I'd be very happy about that and more willing to upload soon again ;) xx
Sign up to rate and review this story