Categories > TV > House

A House Proposal

by Hechu 0 reviews

My thoughts on how House would ever attempt to do the delicate thing called proposing. The answer, smash all delicacy into the ground and say it very bluntly with only the amount of tact sarcasm th...

Category: House - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gregory House - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2011-12-09 - Updated: 2011-12-10 - 645 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own it. Nope, nada, ziltch

It was 3 years into House and Cuddy's relationship. House decided he wanted to take it a bit further. First thought he wants to talk to Wilson. Naturally House being House couldn't just talk to Wilson. He has too call him from a payphone near a taco place in the middle of nowhere.

"Guess who?"

"House I don't have times for your games now, I have a meeting in 15 minutes. Where are you anyway? This isn't your number."

"Standing in the pouring rain outside of Nell's Tacos."

"I'm not going to even ask why you're there. Fine House I know you've wanted me to say it. What do you want?"

"Now that you ask Wilson I have the faint suspicion that I might have actually had a reason to call you."

"Damn it House! What is it! My meeting starts in 10 minutes!"

"Fine. What was marriage like to you? I know that I have been married several times but you all know that my relationships don't count."

"That's what you wanted to talk to me about! Couldn't you just have talked to me normally? House propose to Cuddy. Do it in your own insensitive way, she'll like it. Because she actually likes you. How do you think she could stand to be in a relationship with you for the past 3 years?"

"I have to go, there's a line behind me now. Hmm that guy doesn't look too friendly. Besides don't you have a meeting to go to?"

"What? Damn it! Goodbye House!
[END OF CALL]

NEXT DAY

"Cuddy!"

"What is it House?" she said rolling her eyes. It was way too early in the morning for this.

"Ever thought about getting hitched?" he said tossing a ring box at her

"I'll meet you in my office at nine."

Cuddy walked on

"He proposed." She said with a small smile on her face.

"She said yes." (Or as close as it ever would be to a yes in their twisted relationship.) He said with closer to a real smile than he had had in years on his face.

AT NINE

"So House I want to talk about your, interesting proposal this morning."

"Don't bother; I already know you accepted."

"I haven't said anything yet."

"Well, you didn't refuse me outright, you told me to go to your office and whenever that happens I almost always get my way and you're wearing the ring."

"Oh, that." She said smiling in spite of herself. "So who wants to tell the staff?"

"Let's just wait until they notice."

"You're going to tell your team."

"Well of course, you're not going to take my fun away from me are you?"

"Fine."

"See, that's why I married you."

"Don't make me change my mind."

"As if you would."

"You just wait and see House, you just wait and see."

AT HOUSE'S OFFICE

House walks in

"House! Where were you!" Forman said.

"Well I proposed to Cuddy and she wanted to have a heart to heart talk so I was stuck in her office for the last half hour. "

At that the whole team turned towards him their mouths hanging open slightly.

"Wait you proposed to Cuddy and she accepted? The world has turned upside down." Chase said incredusly.

"Shut it Chase." House grumbled to happy to really care. "So our next patient is a 44 year old male who collapsed on the ground after screaming that he couldn't feel his legs. No tumors or breaks evident on the MRI…..."

It's my first Fic, just came to me when I wondered what House proposing to Cuddy would be like. Sorry if the ending doesn't make sense, I don't really know that much about medicine so I went by what seemed plausible.
Review Please!
If people like it I might do a House and Rachael fluff one-shot
Sign up to rate and review this story