Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“Mikey, Gerard, do you guys have a show tonight?” Donna, their Mother, called from the kitchen “I just can’t keep track!”
“Yeah, we do!” Gerard replied.
Donna sighed heavily “Okay, fine, I won’t make you guy’s dinner tonight.”
It was first thing Saturday morning and Gerard, Mikey and Alex were watching TV. Gerard was twenty-seven with shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes and pale skin. Mikey was twenty-four with brown hair, brown eyes and pale skin. Alexandria was their adopted sister who was nineteen, Chinese with black hair and chocolate brown eyes.
Alex looked at her brothers “You have another show tonight? Can you remind me what your band’s called please?”
“My Chemical Romance.” Mikey reminded her “You don’t know much about rock music, do you?”
“Not really. I don’t really care about rock music.”
Gerard gasped and turned to face his little adopted sister “No adopted sister of mine is going to say they don’t care about rock music!”
“I don’t really care about any music.”
“That’s it!” Gerard smiled “Come to our show tonight.”
“I don’t know if I want to.”
“Yes you do! Don’t you want to see your brothers play live?” Mikey asked, punching her playfully on the arm “Or you could stay here and enjoy some of Mom’s cooking?”
“Okay, I’ll come.” Alex laughed.
Donna was a lovely cook in Mikey and Gerard’s opinion but Alex said she preferred her real Mother’s cooking. Alex’s Mother had died when she was nine years old and her Father hadn’t cared about her so when she was eleven, she was taken into care. When she was twelve, she was adopted by Donna and had been living there since.
Secretly, Alex loved rock, metal and alternative music. But around her brothers to irritate them, she pretended not to know anything. She’d always wanted to go to an MCR concert to see her brothers live but they’d never invited her and she didn’t want to ask in case they said no. So she’d had to settle and just watch videos of them over the internet.
But now she was invited! The hours seemed to drag by. Her brothers went off to the venue for a sound check and Donna agreed to drop Alex off later. Gerard had left Alex with a backstage pass so she could get in and stand in front of the barrier.
Finally it was time for her to go to the concert “I can’t wait!” Alex squealed as her and her Mom got into the car “I’m finally going to see my brothers live! Have you ever seen them live Mom?”
“Yeah, several times.”
“What? Where was I when that happened?”
“Probably with your Dad.”
Every so often Alex was given permission to go and see her biological Father. She wasn’t so keen on him but she went anyway. She hadn’t been recently because he had a new girlfriend and Alex didn’t get on well with him.
Donna pulled up outside the venue “Here you go Sweetie.”
“You-You’re not coming in with me?”
“No. I can’t go with you, sorry. There’s only one backstage pass and besides, the girls are coming over tonight.” Donna smiled, thinking of the night ahead of her.
Alex leaned over, gave her Mom a quick kiss on the cheek and leaped out the car. As soon as she shut the door, Donna had driven off.
She walked over to the venue and showed her backstage pass to the security guard “Oh, are you Gerard and Mikey’s little sister?” He asked. She nodded shyly “Here, follow me. They’re just down here.”
He walked her down several corridors until they stopped outside a little room “They’re right in there.” He nodded “I’ll see you round Kid.”
“Thank you.” Alex mumbled, opening the door and walking inside.
She’d only been inside for about a second when suddenly someone was hugging “Oh my god you must be Alex, you’re really pretty, wow your hairs soft, my name’s Frank and it’s an honour to meet you!”
“God Frank, let her breath.” Mikey laughed “Hey Alex, the show’s starting in about half-an-hour.”
“Oh cool, I can’t wait!” Alex giggled, hugging Frank back.
When he pulled away, Gerard introduced her to Ray and Bob. “Hi, Gerard talks about you guys all the time.” Alex said, shaking their hands.
Frank waggled his eye-brows “He talks about me?”
“Oh yeah, all the time.” Alex winked at him “In fact… I think he often talks about you in his sleep.”
Frank laughed and Gerard blushed “Alex…” Gerard moaned “Shuttup…”
Alex giggled and sat down next to her older brother “Aww why? Am I embarrassing you Gee?” She nudged him.
Gerard smiled and nudged her back.

Half-an-hour later, Gerard took Frankie over to one of the security guards “Make sure she gets a good spot.” He said “And keep an eye on her, yeah?”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” The security guard wasn’t as nice as the one who had let her in. He grabbed Alex’s arm and dragged her through the venue. He left her in front of the barrier and stormed off.
Someone tapped Alex’s shoulder and she turned around “You missed the support act.” Someone friendly told her “They were quite good.”
“Who supported?”
“The Blackout.”
Alex had never heard of them. Someone snooty looking standing next to the friendly girl said “Why do you get to stand in front of the barrier anyway?”
“I’m related to Gerard and Mikey.”
“Who the fuck are Gerard and Mikey?” The snooty girl asked.
The friendly girl turned to look at snooty girl “You don’t know who Gerard and Mikey are?”
“Umm, no. Who are they?”
“They’re in the band!”
“I highly doubt you’re related to Gerard and Mikey.” The snooty girl snorted.
Alex was about to argue when the lights went down and the crowd started screaming at the top of their lungs.

Once the show was over, Alex was taken backstage. “So what did you think?” Gerard beamed.
Alex grinned “It was awesome! You’re really talented!”
“Why thank you.” Frank wrapped his arms round her from behind her “I was just brilliant, wasn’t I?”
Alex laughed “You certainly had a lot of energy. I must say it was quite awkward to see you getting off with my brother.”
“He’s a good kisser.” Frank giggled, letting go of Alex “I’m going outside for a cigarette.”
“Go for it if you wanna get mobbed by fans.” Mikey snickered.
Frank shrugged “Alex will come with me for protection. Won’t you Frankie?”
“Uhh yeah sure.” Alex blushed.
Frank took her hand and the two of them skipped out of the building “I meant what I said by the way, about you being really pretty.”
“Oh, thank you.” Alex blushed an even deeper shade of red and looked down “You’re kinda cute too.”
“Why thank you!” Frank took her hands “You know your brothers talk about you all the time.”
“Really? Oh god, what do they say?”
“Good things, trust me.” Frank laughed, stepping closer to Alex “From what I’ve heard, you’re a pretty nice girl.”
“I’m not a girl!” Alex snapped.
Frank simply smiled “Oh I can tell.”
“Wow, you’re quite the flirt, aren’t you?”
“Hey!” Frank laughed “I only flirt with people I like!”
“Are you saying you don’t like me?”
“No, I am flirting with you.” Frank blushed “Because I think you’re more than really pretty. You’re beautiful. And you’ve got a great personality.”
“Thank you.” Alex blushed “I must admit, I kinda like you too…”
“Really?” Frank asked “So you wouldn’t mind if I did this?”
Frank leaned forward and gave Alex a gentle kiss, wrapping both arms round her and pulling her close. When he pulled away he whispered “I love you Alex.”
“I love you too Frankie.”
Sign up to rate and review this story