Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

Halfway down the motorway, Mikey finally said something “Do you think he’s really dead?” Mikey asked “Or is he a zombie now?”
“I don’t know Mikes.” Alisha replied, looking out the window “Can you see any zombies out here?”
“No and I don’t want to.” Mikey said sulkily, slumping down in his seat.
Alisha looked at him “Mikey, you’re sixteen. Please stop sulking.”
“I’m not sulking, I’m mourning.”
“I don’t wanna cause offence but could we possibly think about our own safety before you start mourning the loss of Gerard?” Alisha asked “Now help me. Can you see any zombies out here?”
Mikey sighed, sat up and looked out the window “I can’t see anything, it’s too dark.”
“The carers have all the torches.” Alisha looked at Mikey “Where do you think we’re going?”
“I don’t know.” Mikey mumbled.
They both went silent. For the next half-an-hour everyone on the bus was silent, until it finally came to a stop.
Alisha sat up “Where are we?”
“I don’t know.” Mikey replied.
They both saw the worried looks on the car takers faces “And I don’t think they know where we are either.”
“What are we gonna do now?” Frank asked.
Bob put his head in his hands then said “Looks like we’re gonna have to walk from now aren’t we?”
“What if a…” Frank couldn’t finish sentence.
Bob shrugged his shoulders “We’ll just have to run.”
“The little kids can’t run.”
“Well if we just here, then soon the bus will be surrounded!” Bob snapped “Now let’s get out.”
Bob and Frank got all the kids out of the van and started walking up the road “If any of you hear or see a zombie then say something straight away.” Frank instructed “Tell us as soon as you can.”
“A zombie!” One of the little kids yelled “Zombie, zombie!”
“Where?” Bob asked, everyone stopping.
Several people started screaming and everyone’s heads whirled round and round to see where the zombie was. But the little kid started laughing “Ha, made you look!” The boy laughed “Ha I made you look!”
“This isn’t funny!” Bob yelled “It’s not a joke, we could die!”
All the kids were silent until the really little ones burst into hysterical tears. “Good move Bob.” Frank muttered, grabbing a kid in each arm and carrying them down the round.
Bob simply rolled his eyed and grabbed two kids as well. Mikey lifted up the last little kid and they continued walking down the road.
Alisha started dragging her feet after a while. They’d been walking for what felt like ages and it was starting to get light. This meant they’d be able to see the zombies better. But it also meant the zombies would be able to see them better too. If they couldn’t already hear them, that is. The little kids were still whining that they were tired though they’d been carried most of the way.
Nobody said anything until suddenly Mikey asked “Guys, where’s Sarah?”
Sarah was a quiet eleven year old girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes. Since she never said anything, nobody noticed she was missing for a long time. But Mikey had been scanning through the kids and hadn’t noticed Sarah anywhere.
Frank turned around and started looking through “I-I don’t know…” Frank whispered, then he looked behind the kids and his eyes widened “Run!” He yelled “Run!”
So all of them began running as fast as they could though they didn’t know why. When Alisha turned back to see what they were running from, she saw it was five gross looking zombies.
Alisha turned back round, grabbed Mikey’s hand and the two of them overtook the crowd of kids. They were both fast runners and didn’t stop running till they heard loud screams. Alisha stopped and so did Mikey. The pair of them turned around to see what was going on. “Oh my god…”
One of the zombies had the five little kids, easily trapping him in both his arms. Frank and Bob had ran to help them, but now another zombie had a hold of them. Every child in the orphanage was trapped by a different zombie.
Mikey squeezed Alisha’s hand “We can’t help them.” He said.
Alisha shook her head “No, we have to at least try…”
“There’s nothing we can do Allie!” Mikey cried “Come on, Alisha. We gotta get outta here.”
“And go where?” Alisha wanted to know.
Suddenly they heard a whisper from the bushes and someone burst out of the bush “I know where we can go!” A fuzzy-haired stranger said “There’s an army base we can head to. We’ll be safe there. We just need to find some kind of transport. I think there’s a street down here and I can hotwire a car…”
“Who are you?” Alisha asked.
But the afro-headed guy shook his head and started running away. Before Alisha could persist, Mikey grabbed her hand and started dragging her away “Right now, we need to work together!” Mikey panted as they ran off.
It didn’t take them long to reach the street of houses. They walked up the first one, the stranger hotwired a car and they got inside. Alisha and Mikey sat in the back while the stranger took the driver’s seat “My name’s Ray Toro.” Ray told them “What are your names?”
“I’m Mikey Way and this Alisha O’Connor.” Mikey introduced them “Where’s your family?”
“They got trapped in my house.” Ray said “And I didn’t have a choice but to leave them.” Ray sniffed “What about you guys?”
“We never had any families, we’re from the orphanage.” Alisha explained “Mikey’s brother was there but he got… Eaten.”
“And all the other kids and carers just got eaten?” Ray asked “I saw the whole thing. It was horrible.”
“How far away is the army base?” Mikey asked, taking Alisha’s hand.
Ray shrugged “I hope it’s not too far away. I don’t know how much gas this car has.”
“What if we don’t make it?”
“Then it was nice to meet you.”
Sign up to rate and review this story