Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Girl Next Door

A Bad Start

by gopherkitty 1 review

Inuyasha and Kagome have been best friends for as long as they can remeber,but when the pressure of just being teenagers catches up with them will their friendship be able to stand it?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Ayame, Bankotsu, Inuyasha, Jakotsu, Kagome, Kanna, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-05-26 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 767 words

0Unrated
Girl Next Door
Chapter 1) A Bad Start



If you're looking for a story that has a happy ending or one that begins with, "Once upon a time," you should probably turn back now because you won't find it here. This is my story and nobody will be able to tell it quite like me.

Kagome heard her alarm clock beeping angrily from her nightstand. 'Just because I hear it doesn't mean I have to acknowledge it.' She thought as she rolled over placing her pillow over her head in an attempt to muffle the irritating sound. She didn't want to go to school to today, she knew that if she did there would be no escaping "her".

Knowing that she couldn't stay in her fluffy heaven forever she decided to get up and get ready for school... even if she had to see "her". Kagome got chills just thinking about it. Today was not going to be good, she could feel it.

Getting in the shower always made her feel a little bit better, letting the hot steamy water wash away all the troubles in the world as she slowly relaxed her stiff sleepy muscles, yes if there was any place better then her bed it was the shower.

Her closet was as messy as it always was, some how the clothes never found their way to the hangers. Inu Yasha always made fun of her for this calling her lazy but in reality he absolutely no room to talk, as his whole room was a pig sty. Scratching her sopping wet head Kagome dug the masses of clothes to find her favorite pair of jeans... the faded blue Lucky's. Pulling them on Kagome glanced at the clock noticing she would be late as usual, at least she wouldn't have to put up with horrible conversation and fake laughs. Grabbing a funny T-shirt she picked up her backpack and her car keys and walked out the door forgetting her wallet and breakfast, yes today was going to be bad.

Kagome got in her car and immediately noticed that something was off... her stereo was gone. Her stereo was the only thing the little 92' Honda Prelude had going for it and now that was gone too. Resisting the urge to bash her head into the steering wheel she started the car with much effort and was on her way to school. There where no spaces in the parking lot, no real surprise there. However Kagome had no problem parking on the street and walking the rest of the way to school.

As soon as she got to the front doors she realized they where locked a bit too late. It was the schools little way of punishing the tardy students, having to walk all the way around to the side of the school was definitely not Kagome's cup tea but then again she didn't drink tea. After finally receiving her tardy slip she walked up the flight of stairs too first period history.

Knocking on the door to make sure she didn't interrupt anything important Kagome was reprimanded for being so late. 'Its only thirty minutes, and my car was broken into last night.' No matter how much she wanted to say what was on her mind she held her tongue and simply replied with.

"Yes sir"

Sitting down next to her best friend she pulled out her note book and began to copy down everything she had missed, until Inu Yasha tried to start with the questions about why was she late, how irritating.

"Hey,"
"What?"
"Who pissed in your corn flaks this morning? I was just gonna say hi"

Heaving a sigh and remembering she had forgotten to eat breakfast at the mention of corn flakes (even if they had been pissed in) made her hungry and even more agitated.

"Nobody pissed in my non-existent corn flakes. And I would like to copy my notes in peace."

With that Kagome closed all topics of pissing, corn flakes, and saying a simple hello. In her mind Kagome was yelling at herself for getting mad at Inu Yasha even though he was only trying to be polite. She didn't know why but ever since he started dating that wench Kikyou it was like she didn't have any respect for him. Was she jealous? No. Maybe. She didn't think so, and if she was there was no way she would ever admit it.

The rest of history went by without anymore interruptions, from Inu Yasha and otherwise. Now if only the rest of the day could be so good...
Sign up to rate and review this story