Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

How I met Frank Iero. (True story)

by PrisonerBeDamned 4 reviews

True story, written as a story. How I met Frank Iero. Oneshot.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-18 - Updated: 2011-12-18 - 1264 words

2Ambiance
Crying as I write this because it was the best night of my life and can remember everything as if it was yesterday. This was in February when I met Frank. Sadly, I couldn't stay because my mum had to go to work and refused to wait any longer.. but he was so amazing and I just.. I can't comprehend...

I hope you like it. This night meant everything to me and I've decided to share it with you. xoxox


The girl sat, frozen, on the sidewalk, singing and chanting, laughing at the top of her lungs. She was alone, though about ten other fans of the famous band 'My Chemical Romance' still sat with her at - she glanced at her watch - 12:06pm.

The air was thick and cold, pavement damp with rain. She couldn't feel her nose anymore and her fingers, though tucked into a pair of gloves, were colder than the air around her. Her long, dark hair sat on her shoulders as she lent against the brick wall behind her, eyes closed, laughing as someone prodded her in the ribs.

"Fuck off, I'm tired!" she mumbled, letting her fringe fall into her heavily lined, blue eyes.

The person, the poker, smiled. "Don't sleep! Seriously, Storm. You've come this far! We've been here for an hour, you can wait a couple more minutes."

Storm, eyes flicking open, nodded defiantly. "It'll be worth it," she told her numb, stiff fingers and shivering posture as she sat up, only to be tugged off the floor by her friend, Alex, whom she had met that night.

Alex had short hair a hazel eyes, ones much like the man's she was about to meet, and he was about 4 inches taller than Storm. He had bright blonde hair with a red streak through the fringe and was, that night, wearing a home-made Killjoy jacket. He was also openly Gay.

"My mum's going to kill me!" Storm groaned, picking a leaf out of her hair as Alex simply smiled lop-sidedly at her.

"But you'd be kicking yourself if you gave up now," he encouraged. "You know you want to stay, you're just worried-"

"I know!" Storm interrupted. "But my mum-"

"I know what your mum's like. You told me. Business woman, strict disciplinary system and throws a slap if she fucking well wants to. Which, by the way, is child abuse and as it's as often as you said, you should so report. But what-the-fuck-ever. She's a bitch; I know this and I haven't met her. But you're not. You're lovely and beautiful AND DESERVE TO HAVE FUN. So fucking sing along!"

Storm did just that as the 10 Killjoys around her burst into 'Welcome to the Black Parade' and her voice, the 11th voice, was added to the bunch.

Storm and Alex were at the back of the line. Why? Because Storm didn't have anything for her heroes to sign.. she simply wanted to thank them. Talk to them.

It was a weird feeling to love something so much that it hurt.. hurts. But it was also an amazing one. One that made you feel accepted and loved and cherished and bound by passion. One that made your soul feel stronger because you'd always have something to turn to, something to love and live for. Something worth it.

Alex, next to Storm, pulled her into a one-armed hug and sang almost drunkenly; his voice was hoarse and hitting the wrong notes.. but that was the whole point. It was more fun that way.

Suddenly, however, there was a flash of black across the side of the road and everyone shut up.

Whispers of, "I think that was Frank!" and "Oh my fuck, was that Frank?!" and "Holy shit.. I think I actually just crapped myself." echoed through the crowd nervously. Suddenly all they knew was excitement and nervousness - a feeling Storm was well used to.

And then, the short man appeared, smiling widely as he jogged over, greeting the 11 people there with huge, happy smiles and small waves.

"Oh my God," Storm mumbled under her breath, light-headedness and dizziness possessing her. "Oh my God, Alex, help me, I-"

"Have a totally HUGE crush on him?!" he laughed, batting his eyelashes. "Don't be such a girl."

"No, Alex I - I'm not a girl! - but I don't.. I can't.. my breathing.." she muttered. "I think I'm going to faint."

"What?! Lack of air? Or starstruck?!" Alex asked, staring at her with wide eyes.

The girl, Storm, didn't answer as she pulled out her inhaler and took it again and again, eventually clearing her lungs. Alex had been rubbing her back the whole time, murmuring words of comfort, but he stopped suddenly. When Storm went to ask why, she was only greeted with the soft, deep voice of, "Are you okay, honey?!"

Storm's head snapped up. Her black hair flew in front of her face, but she pushed it away, staring at none other than Frank Iero.

Frank fucking Iero. One of her biggest inspirations and, in her opinion, best guitar players and just.. Frank.

So much Frank.

His eyes, she noticed, were much, much prettier in person..

"Honey, are you okay?" he repeated, voice full of concern.

Storm, snapping out of her trance, nodded stiffly. "Y-yes, thank you.." Then, tears stinging her eyes, started, "Okay, I don't have anything for you to sign but I just.. I wanted you to hear me out, okay?"

Frank said nothing, but smiled and nodded with a deep interest.

Storm felt hugely appreciated at that moment. "I don't know where to start but.. thank you so much. You guys, you, your band - they mean so much to me and I don't know where I'd be without you all. I don't know how to put into words or.. or even explain how much you helped me but you've kept me going and I," Storm wiped away a lone tear, "I'm just really grateful. Thank you so much you.. just.. You helped me save myself and you're the most amazing men ever."

Frank Iero. The Frank Iero, looked like he wanted to cry. He was beaming a huge, beautiful smile at her and his voice, as he spoke, was filled with love and gratitude. He pulled her into a hug. "Honey," he whispered. "You're MY inspiration. You kids are all so much stronger than you realise and.."

Storm, though she wanted to listen, couldn't. An: I actually do know what he said, but we went into my personal life and I was bawling like a baby, so I decided to leave it out. Let's just say he was really comforting about some really serious things that not even my best friend knows about. It was a blur. She had just thanked her inspiration and was now, currently, hugging him. She took note of his slightly sweaty, slightly smokey aroma. His hair smelt faintly of coconuts. AN: is it creepy that I remember this? I just.. it was all so surreal. To be fair, I fancied him a little back then.. whatever, sue me.

And he pulled away, smiling, just as "Storm?! Storm, we've got to go!"

"I-I'm... I'm coming!" Storm called back. She waved back to Frank and smiled, telling Alex she'd text him later.

Frank however, wasn't done. Before the girl had vanished completely he called out, "Storm, right?!"

Storm nodded, smiling.

"Cool name."



And oh my God, I am in floods of tears right now.
He is just.. so amazing and I cannot believe that happened to me.
Sign up to rate and review this story