Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Love Is Only For The Movies

by xxPanicFanxx 4 reviews

The story you guys auditioned for:)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2011-12-20 - Updated: 2011-12-21 - 1448 words

0Unrated
"I'll never fall in love. I'll never date. I'll never be in any kind of relationship. At all." I tell my friends.
"Oh really?" AJ asks from across the table.
"Yup." I nod and take a sip of my coffee.
"Good luck with that." He said sarcastically.
“I’m not. I promised myself.” I whispered and checked my phone.
“Really? What are you going to tell guys when they ask you out?” He asks raising an eyebrow.
“I’ll tell them I’m lesbian.” I say in a ‘matter-of-fact’ tone of voice.
“Oh yeah ‘cause that always works.” He said rolling his eyes.
“What about girls?” Bec asks and drinks some of her coffee.
“I’m straight.” I shrug before I look at my hands.
“So you’ll never fall in love?” AJ asks still looking at me.
“Nope.” I shake my head.
“Now why would that be?” He cocks his head to the right and raises both eyebrows.
“Because, letting yourself love is like breaking down the only form of protection your heart has from getting hurt. Letting yourself love is like giving all you have to this one person, only for her to leave you and your dad and baby brother for some guy you don’t even know and now, after 7 years, she wants to see you again and she wants you to call that guy ‘dad’!” It took me a second to analyze everything I had just said. I felt my cheeks get hot from embarrassment. I looked down at my coffee and focused on the steam that came out of it. “Letting yourself love is like preparing for heartbreak.” I whispered. “I-I need a smoke.” I stand up, not looking at their shocked faces, and made my way outside of the coffee shop, tears streaming down my face.
“Stay here.” I hear Bec say to AJ. Thank god it’s windy out. Wind always dries my tears faster. I took a long drag and waited a couple seconds before letting the smoke out. I sat down on the cold concrete and focused on the park in front of me. “That shit’ll kill you.” Bec said quietly laughing a bit. I don’t look at her, I just keep looking forward.
“Like I care.” I say flicking the cigarette out of my hand.
“Are you ok?” She asks sitting down next to me.
“Yeah I’m fine. Why do you ask?” I stay focused on the park. A few tears slipped down my face as I remember all the memories that park held. I think back to the days when I was young and my parents would bring me there.
“You’ve been acting really… weird… lately. And really distant. Like you’re trying to close everyone off.” More tears fall from my eyes. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry.” She whispers.
“Huh, oh. Don’t be sorry. That’s not the reason why I’m crying.” I say wiping some tears off of my cheeks.
“You thinking about your mom?” She asks putting her hand on my shoulder.
“How’d you guess?” I pulled my legs up to my chest and stared at the ground.
“You never cry unless you’re thinking about her.” She said staring at me. I could practically feel the hole in my head from where she was staring.
“Come on let’s go back inside. I don’t want AJ to look like a loner sitting in there by himself.” I smiled and held out my hand for her to take. She grabbed my hand, stood up, and pulled me into a hug. “Uh, you’re hugging me.” I said trying to shake her off.
“I know.” She hugged me tighter.
“Hugs!” AJ said running out the door and hugging us.
“Dammit.” I said hugging them back. “You guys know I hate hugs!” I smiled and let them go.
“Too bad.” Bec said. They both let go and I looked up at AJ.
“AJ, why do you have to be taller than me? I feel like a hobbit!” I laughed. I felt a buzzing in my pocket and pulled out my phone. “Hello?”
“Cammie?” The person asked.
“Yes. Who’s this?”
“Ashley.” My heart dropped. Please no. Please don’t be who I think it is! “Your mother.” My grey eyes got wide and my mouth hung open.
“M-mom?” I asked stunned. AJ and Bec stared at me, disbelief plastered across their faces.
“Hi sweetheart. I missed you.” I could hear she was crying.
“Don’t call me sweetheart!” I screamed into the phone. “I-I hate you! You left us! For him.” I hissed. “I hate you! You’re nothing but a whore! Don’t ever, ever call me again! Ever!” I hung up and fell to the ground wrapping my arms around my knees and rocking back and forth. I was shaking and sobbing violently.
“Hey. It’s ok.” AJ said sitting on the ground next to me wrapping his arms around me.
“It’s ok Cammie.” Bec said putting her hand on my knee. “Come on.” She said helping me off of the ground. Everyone just saw me have an emotional breakdown. Great.
“Thanks guys.” I put on a fake smile and started walking. The cold wind nipped at my face and sent my red hair flying in different directions.
“What time is it?” AJ asked looking at Bec.
“Uh, I think it’s 2:30, but let me check.” She said pulling out her phone. “It’s 2:17.” She put her phone away.
“So what do you guys want to do?” AJ asked stopping in front of us, putting his hands in his hoodie’s pockets.
“Wanna go fuck shit up at the mall?” I asked with a wicked smile on my face.
“Yes. Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes!’ Bec screamed, jumping up and down. I turned to AJ who was on his phone.
“AJ?” I asked.
“Hmm?” He took his eyes away from his phone for a second, but immediately returned.
“Nope.” Bec said, grabbing his phone from him.
“Hey! Give it back!” He screeched, reaching for it. Bec shook her head and put the phone down her shirt, which caused him to pout and kick the ground.
“Fine, but say please!” She demanded laughing, reaching into her shirt and pulling the phone out.
“Please?!” He asked, giving her a puppy dog face.
“Fine. Here you go.” She smiled and tossed him his phone back.
“So are we going to fuck with people at the mall or what?” I asked putting my hands on my hips and tapping my foot impatiently.
“Yeah, Ms. Sass. Calm down.” AJ laughed. “Is it ok if my cousin, Ryan, comes?” He asked putting his phone away.
“Yeah, I don’t care. Do you want me to call Gerard and see if he’ll come?” I asked and AJ smiled and blushed. “I’m going to take that as a yes. Bec, you should call Brendon.” She nodded and pulled out her phone and walked a couple feet away from us. I quickly dialed Gerard’s number.
“Hello?” He asked. I put him on speaker.
“Hey. Do you want to go to the mall with me, Bec, and AJ?” I smiled.
“AJ’s going to be there?!” I could tell he was excited and nervous.
“Yeah. You need to come so you can protect your lover from the sexual advances from the hot guys at the mall.” I was grinning from ear-to-ear as I looked over to AJ, who was a bright shade of red.
“He’s not my lover… yet.” Gerard laughed. AJ was smiling, but his face was still about as red as my hair.
“So you’re coming then?!” AJ asked, jumping up and down.
“Yup.” I could practically see the smile on Gerard’s face.
“Ok, see you there. Bye.” I hung up and Bec came walking over, smiling. “Gerard’s coming.” I told her.
“So is Brendon.” She smiled and looked at her phone again. She’s been in love with him for as long as I can remember. I knew he liked her back; both of them were just too scared to tell each other their feelings. The same goes for Gerard and AJ. They love each other. Gerard always talks about how cute AJ is and how he’d give anything to be able to tell him how he feels. AJ pretty much says the exact same thing. Love is so complicated.

So here's the story! R%R please:3. I hope you guys like it:) The next chapter is going to be at the mall, yay! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story