Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Sing me to sleep

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"I can't wait."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-21 - 862 words - Complete

0Unrated
Later that night just as I’m about to fall asleep I hear the walkie connect, soft breathing on the other end eventually turning into the voice of the girl I love.

“Frankie?” Amber’s voice sounds.

“I’m here, babe,” I answer worried she might have had a bad dream.

“What are you going to sing for me tonight?”

“Probably the most amazing and romantic song I’ve sung yet. You’re going to love it.”

“I can’t wait.”

“Okay are you lying down?”

“Yes.”

“Imagine me with you.”

“I am.”

“Finger off the button,” I instruct.

“Okay.”

“Alright, here I go.” I start to sing. “Daddy's little girl paints the world with her magic wand. Daddy's little child breathes new life to the morning time for me. Though we're apart, her thoughts follow me. When I come home, Amber smiles, with the dawn Amber smiles, and she radiates the glow around her halo. When she plays, Amber smiles; on a summer day, Amber smiles, a new day, Amber smiles. Daddy's little girl ties a ribbon around my heart. Daddy's little child waves goodbye to the ocean tide that sweeps me. Though we're apart, she's a part of me. Amber smiles with the dawn. Amber smiles and she radiates the glow around her halo. When she plays, Amber smiles; on a summer day, Amber smiles, a new day, Amber smiles. When I come home, Amber smiles with the dawn, Amber smiles and she radiates the glow around her halo When she plays, Amber smiles; on a summer day, Amber smiles a new day, Amber smiles. When the days have gone grey; nothing's wrong when Amber smiles. ”

Amber laughs, “Wow, Frank Iero, who knew you could be such a fucking romantic.”

“I thought you’d like that one.”

“That song is from Uptown Girls. I love that movie but I don’t think the girl’s name was Amber.”

“I know, I changed the words for you.”

“That was really nice, Iero.”

I laugh, glad she liked it, “I remember you telling me it was one of your favorites.”

“What is one of your favorites?”

“Helena by Misfits,” I answer wondering what her reaction will be.

“Isn’t that a song about removing someone’s limbs?”

“Yup,” I say.

“Do you wanna remove my limbs?”

This causes me to laugh, “You know I’d never remove your limbs, baby. I like your limbs, especially what you can do with your hands.”

“Oh, I cannot believe you just said that.”

“It’s the truth.”

“How much do you want to bet at least one person in our neighborhood is picking up our signals and has been listening to all our conversations?”

“It’s the Jones’ kid. He picked one up after you flashed him.”

She laughs.

“Sing to me, Amber. I spend all this time singing to you so now it’s your turn.”

I can tell I’ve caught her off guard. For what seems like forever Amber says nothing. Her steady breathing is slowly putting me back to sleep.

“Like what do you want me to sing?”

“I don’t know. Think of something.”

“Hold on.” Amber takes another moment to think. “Okay I think I have something.”

“Go for it.”

“Close your eyes and pretend I’m with you.”

I close my eyes, smiling, “Always.”

“I tried to live this life on my own, but emptiness was beating down the door. Yeah, it rose up like a flood until my dying days were done, they are no more. Nothing makes sense without you. It's like waking up in the dark. I didn't have a song until you came along. Falling in love with you was easy, you were always meant to have my heart. I was broken all to pieces; you were there to be the missing part. Nothing makes sense without you; it's like waking up in the dark. I didn't have a song until you came.... And I never want to go back to the way things were before. You saved me and you made me yours. Now nothing makes sense without you, it's like waking up in the dark. I didn't have a song until you came along. Now nothing makes sense without you, it's like waking up in the dark. I didn't have a song until you came along”

“Wow,” I say when she finishes. “That was amazing Ambo.”

“JJ Heller,” she answers

“Very nice.”

Amber laughs, “You have no clue who that is.”

“Nope,” I answer. “We should do this more often.”

“I’m surprised I remembered all the words.”

“I like when you sing to me.”

“We’ll take turns.”

“Sounds good to me, I’ll let you get some sleep and I’ll come by tomorrow when my mom releases me.”

“Alright, I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Goodnight, Amber.”

“Goodnight.”

Note: Hey. So guess who is officially on Christmas Break...that's right...me! Haha, anyway I will be updating at least two or three times a day. My other stories will be worked on and I plan on getting the story I'm rewriting for my friend finished. Well, enjoy reading :)
Sign up to rate and review this story