Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Special Snowflake

by RiddlePanda 3 reviews

Frank being Frank, even on a kid's show.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-12-22 - Updated: 2011-12-23 - 743 words - Complete

1Moving
Wow, so this is my first story here on the lovely Ficwad. And yay, it’s a Christmasy story. After watching My Chemical Romance on Yo Gabba Gabba, (way too many times to count) and seeing Gerard’s concept sketches, this little story popped into my head. I’m guessing they shot the video any time from the first part of September to the almost last part of October before Gerard dyed his hair, when Jarrod joined as their drummer.

Sorry it’s not shipping anyone, even though I do love reading those and not sad and depressing. If this ticks you off, then I’m sorry.

Hope you enjoy!!

Jarrod sighed as he tried adjusting his parka for the eighth time in about 20 minutes. Even though he liked the purple color, the damned thing was too big! The costume designer had apologized so many times and he kept telling her it was okay, but if he had to adjust it one more time he’d scream.

Okay, so maybe he wouldn’t. He didn’t want to freak out anyone on the Yo Gabba Gabba set or his new bandmates. After all, who wouldn’t pass at a chance to play with My Chemical Romance? And he had only been with them for about a month now. He couldn’t drop the crazy card yet. He wanted the band and the fans to like him. After what Pedicone went through after he did what he did...

Jarrod shuddered, remembering the Tweets, Facebook posts and Tumblr rants the MCRmy exploded all over the Internet. Sighing again, Jarrod adjusted the parka AGAIN trying to shove the excess material away from his face. Even though they were pretend playing, he still had to look like he wasn’t mindlessly banging his sticks around.

“Hey Jarrod, you okay in there? They want us on the set in five.” Frank popped his head in the small dressing room the guys had been given.

“Yeah, hold on.” Jarrod took one step and immediately got a face full of faux fur. “DAMNIT!!!! STAY DOWN!!!!” he screamed, shoving the offending fabric away from his mouth.

Frank was standing inches away from him as Jarrod’s vision returned and he took a step back. “Damnit Frank! Don’t scare me like that!”

“You mentioned it was big on you but not THIS big.” Frank muttered as he looked Jarrod’s parka over.

Jarrod managed a smile. “It’s not a big deal Frank. I’m not complaining. Things like this happen. Anyway, we’d better get on set before they send a search party.” Jarrod turned toward the door.

“Wait.” The drummer turned around to find Frank taking off his yellow parka and holding it out to him. “Mine will still be a little big on you but at least you won’t get swallowed in it like that one.”

Jarrod looked at Frank for a moment before he reached his hand out and grabbed the yellow parka. He quickly took off his purple one and threw it to Frank before changing. He smoothed the material out, smiling that this one fit a little better. Damn it for being so small.

“Thanks Frank. I know this means a lot to Gerard and the rest of you and your kids. I know you want the video to be perfect and not awkward. I don’t want to mess this up for you guys.”

Frank shook his head. “You won’t mess up. I know you’re wary of us from what we’ve had to deal with the past couple of months and we’ve said we don’t want a permanent drummer, but right now, we want you. We want you to feel like part of the band, of the family, for whatever time you’re here for. You’re a great guy and we’re lucky to have you.”

Frank began walking towards the door. “Besides, you really didn’t want your first weird My Chemical Romance freak out because of a giant ass purple parka did you? That’s WAY too tame. We freak out in style. Now let’s go play a song about SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES!!!”

Jarrod smiled as he watched Frank running out of the dressing room, nearly toppling over the actors for Toodee and Brobee, already in their costumes. He looked down at Frank’s yellow parka. “And you’re the most special of them all.”
Sign up to rate and review this story