Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > ELove

Coincidence? I Don't Think So...

by brynn_parker 3 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Naraku, Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-06-20 - Updated: 2006-06-21 - 2033 words

1Funny
Chapter 2: Coincidence? I don't think so...

By: Katryn Parker (used to be Brynn)

----

"Kagome...Kagome?"

"Hmm?" Kagome said, looking up at the source of the voice to see Sango. She smiled. "Oh, Sango...is it lunchtime already?"

"Yeah, the students are already gone..." Sango answered, referring to Kagome's Japanese History class, "What were you thinking of?"

Kagome shook her head, blushing. She'd been thinking about Inuyasha again, even though it had been five years since graduation. "It's nothing...so where do you want to go? That was my last class of the day...let's do something fun." She got up and they started walking, out of the school and through town.

"I was actually thinking we could go somewhere with an internet connection," Sango said thoughtfully, "I need to check up on something on my laptop..."

Kagome laughed, rolling her eyes at her friend. "Not that internet dating service again!"

"Kagome!" Sango said, blushing furiously, "It's not like I have anything to lose! I've dated the weirdest guys...and they all turned out to be pervs!"

"Judging on the guy you liked all through high school, it seems like you might be attracted to pervs..." Kagome answered, giggling.

Sango laughed with her. "True...true..." She looked up at a sign and raised her eyebrows. "I think that place has internet...let's go."

Sango and Kagome walked in and they both sat down at a table near the wall, Sango plugging in her laptop and typing in the web address to the dating service. Sango's picture popped up on the screen, a nice picture of her in a purple bikini, smiling at the camera on a sunny day.

"Just watch...that's going to show up in one of their ads one day," Kagome told her friend dubiously, "Go to ELove . com, where you can meet women that look like this..."

"It's worth a shot," Sango snapped, looking at new messages. Her eyes widened suddenly and Kagome raised her eyebrows as her roommate let out a gasp. "Uh...Kagome...I can't believe this..."

"What?"

She turned the screen towards her and Kagome saw a picture of one of their old classmates...who just happened to be Sango's high school crush.

"Miroku?" Kagome said unbelievingly.

"I know!" Sango said excitedly, her eyes skimming across the screen. "Sango...it's been a while since I've seen you. Didn't think you'd ever stoop this low, lol. Kagome, he looks gorgeous...look at him...I mean, he looks so good!"

Kagome nodded. That was so strange...she'd been daydreaming about Miroku's best friend that very day.

"He said something about you too, Kagome!" Sango said energetically, her eyes reflecting the white glow of the laptop, "He says...I've been living with Inuyasha in Yokohama since we graduated, and we went to the university there...since you two live so close, maybe Inuyasha and I could drive up to Tokyo and we could go on a double date sometime; me and you and Kagome and Inuyasha? He wants to go out on a date with me!"

"Inuyasha wants to go out on a date with me...?" Kagome said quietly. But he had called her Kikyo that night after graduation...

"Kagome, what do you think of that?"

Kagome shook her head. "Sango, I told you what he said to me...I don't want to see him, sorry. This is probably just some prank on him on Miroku's part."

Sango frowned. "That's true...but it's been five years. You can't forgive him?"

"It took me so long to get over that...I just want it to stay as far away from my mind as it can get."

----

But it didn't stay far from her mind. Kagome's dreams were plagued with images of Inuyasha for the next few days, and as Sango's date with Miroku approached, Kagome was thinking of going as well. Inuyasha would be in town, and maybe they could make amends...

"No, Kagome," she told herself for the third time that day as she sat at her desk waiting for her first class to come in for the day.

"Ms Higurashi?" one of her students asked.

"Yes, Matsu?"

"My paper..."

Kagome looked down to realize that the teenage boy had been holding out the paper for a few minutes as she stared off into space. She blushed, taking the paper from him. "Sorry Matsu, you can go sit down now."

He nodded and she looked it over quickly before dropping it onto the stack she'd made on her desk, standing up. "Alright class, today we'll be introducing the new project and getting into groups...I want you to get an old Japanese legend and analyze it, telling me everything that you can about characters and parallels to history. I'll use the legend of the Shikon no Tama..."

"Ms Higurashi?"

She stopped. "Yes?"

"You told us this yesterday."

A few of her students laughed silently and Kagome sat down again, embarrassed. "Then get to work..." she said weakly.

Bored, she logged onto her instant messenger, planning on sending a message to Sango at work.

Instead, a stranger sent her a message. She frowned, wondering who it could be. DemonBadass500...doesn't sound like anyone I know, Kagome thought.

DemonBadass500: Hey.

Kagome frowned.

KagsH2000: Who are you?

DemonBadass500: The man of your dreams.

KagsH2000: Oh really?

DemonBadass500: Yes.

She laughed a little. Luckily, the students were too loud to know what she was doing...it would probably be considered a bad example by some parents.

KagsH2000: Do I know you?

DemonBadass500: Don't think so. And if you do, I'd rather just keep it anonymous.

KagsH2000: And why is that?

DemonBadass500: So you won't get attached to me.

KagsH2000: And why are you so sure I'll get attached to you?

DemonBadass500: Because every girl does.

Well, this was something to keep her occupied and keep her mind off of Inuyasha.

DemonBadass500: What are you up to?

KagsH2000: I'm a teacher, and I'm at work. Why?

DemonBadass500: You're IMing at work? And you're a teacher? I woulda loved it if my teachers had done that when I was in school.

KagsH2000: I'm sure you would've. Well, now it's your turn. What do you do?

DemonBadass500: I have a degree, but I work at Wacdonald's. It's my lunch break right now.

KagsH2000: A degree in...?

DemonBadass500: Weaponry analysis...swords.

Maybe she shouldn't have told this guy where she worked...

DemonBadass500: It's fucking hard for us to get jobs, lol.

KagsH2000: Isn't it hard for anyone to get a job?

DemonBadass500: Well, my break's over...maybe I'll talk to you later?

KagsH2000: Maybe.

She quickly added him to her friend list before hastily closing the program as the bell rang. She just decided to hide it behind some other program...maybe he would come back soon.

----

He didn't. She shook her head as she thought of him again, mentally scolding herself. Instead of Inuyasha, she was now hung up on some guy she didn't even know, that worked at Wacdonald's. Great choice in men you've got there, Kagome... she thought as her cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her purse as she left the school and put it on her ear. "Hello?"

"Kagome? It's Sango."

"I thought you had a date!"

"Kagome, my car broke down, and I can't get there without it...you've got to drive me."

Kagome slammed the door shut on frowned. "Is Inuyasha going to be there?"

"No, I think Miroku said he stayed in Yokohama for work."

"Mm," Kagome acknowledged, "Then I can drive you...maybe it would be nice to see Miroku, after all."

"Of course it would!" Sango replied. She was obviously excited. "Well, I'll see you in a few Kagome."

"See ya." She hung up the phone and put it in the seat next to her as she continued driving.

When she got out at the apartment building, an unwelcome voice greeted her. "Hello, Kagome."

"Oh, it's you, Naraku..." Kagome muttered, glaring at him. He just wouldn't leave her alone...and he hadn't done anything bad enough for her to call the police. Another of Kikyo's exes, he lived in the same building as Kagome, and continued to talk to her although she hadn't even seen her sister since graduation.

"Kagome, I was wondering if you would be interested in..."

"I'm not interested," Kagome said, glaring at him fiercely, "I've told you that a thousand times, and I think it's time you started leaving me alone."

She left him in the hallway and slammed the door to her apartment in his face as he walked off with a strangely satisfied smirk on his face.

----

Inuyasha scratched his ears as he took off the uncomfortable little hat he had to wear for work, walking into he and Miroku's apartment and flopping down on the couch in front of the TV.

Something had been bugging him all day...he'd gone home for his break and turned on the computer to go and harass oblivious women, just like always, and had instead found a teacher. Looking at her profile, he found out that she lived in Tokyo...

Miroku had been talking about Sango the day before, and had told him that Kagome was now teaching at a middle school in Tokyo.

Inuyasha shook his head. "No fuckin' way is that her..." he said to himself, using the curse word to stress the point. Unlike usual, it didn't work. "Damn it..."

What if it was her, and he'd unknowingly stumbled back to the girl he'd hurt so long ago?

----

Kagome watched for signs of Naraku as she and Sango walked back out to the car, Sango chatting about Miroku like a schoolgirl.

"So what does Inuyasha do now?" Kagome asked her friend as they got in the car.

"Miroku said that he got his degree in some kind of fighting...you know Inuyasha...he's trying to find a job, but right now he's working at Wacdonald's."

Kagome almost wrecked the car as she came to a stoplight. "What did you say?"

"I said he works at Wacdonald's...why?"

Kagome wondered if she should tell Sango about the guy on instant messenger...but if it was Inuyasha...did she really even want to know? "It's nothing," she said finally. If it was Inuyasha, then she would have to stop talking to him...and it was fun to flirt with him as someone she didn't know. Hey, maybe it wasn't even Inuyasha...she didn't really want to find out.

She dropped off Sango at the movie theatre and briefly got out to say hi to Miroku. He greeted them both with open arms...and Kagome had to admit that their old classmate really was attractive now. She wondered what Inuyasha looked like...

She didn't think she would get to find out.

As Miroku opened his wallet to pull out the tickets, she caught a glimpse of a picture of Miroku and Inuyasha at some beach party. Inuyasha was wearing some red swim trunks and his long silver hair cascaded down his back, his ears twitching angrily as he tried to stop whoever it was from taking the picture. Kagome wanted to pass out...he had an even more beautiful body than any man she'd ever seen before, a perfect, flat chest and abs with firm, round arms. His arms were crossed in front of him, but he still looked absolutely gorgeous.

She blushed and told them goodbye when Miroku caught her staring at the picture.

----

Author's Note: I had so much fun writing this chapter...you have no idea. I love writing in IM, because you can really do anything, and all it is, is dialogue, no details. I also had a lot of fun making the parallels to the show. Here's what they are...

Of course, Kagome's teaching about the legend of the Shikon no Tama. That one's obvious. The numbers in the screennames are also parallel to the show. While Inuyasha is from 500 years in the past, Kagome lives in this millennium, 2000. Also, Wacdonald's is one of my favorite things in Inuyasha (for some strange reason), so I had Inuyasha work there.

Please review! I want to know what you think!

--Kat
Sign up to rate and review this story