Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Friday

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"Yeah."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-30 - Updated: 2011-12-30 - 448 words - Complete

0Unrated
It is Friday. As usual I drive myself to Gerard’s flat. How he is able to afford it still I have no idea but I don’t ask. I find my cousin curled up in his bed, staring out the rain streaked window. He doesn’t even sit up when I sit down next to him.

I put dinner on the ground and place my hand to my cousin’s back. He smells again. I wish he wasn’t like this. It scares me. Gerard has never stayed depressed this long. It makes me wonder just how bad things will get.

“Hey,” I say keeping my voice low, “why don’t you go take a shower and I’ll heat up your food. I brought over some pizza.”

Gerard just nods, pulling himself up off the bed then dragging himself towards the bathroom. It is only after the water starts running that I stand and begin to heat the pizza up. Various bottles of alcohol and anti-depressants litter his counters. While dinner cooks and my cousin showers I try my best to clean up.

“What are you doing?” Gerard asks squinting his eyes against the light I turned on. His hair is dripping wet and he’s wearing clean clothes and smells better.

“Cleaning up a little,” I answer putting a piece of pizza on a plate and handing it to Gerard.

He takes it, grabbing a beer from the fridge and then sits down on the floor. I bite my tongue and join him. Sure, Mikey’s death was a horrible thing that affected us all. Gerard just seems to be taking it to extremes. I know Mikey…he’d hate it if Gerard was like this. I just wish there was a way I could help my cousin without him getting upset with me.

“I was looking at some therapy places that help with trauma and depression and stuff,” I announce still keeping my voice low.

“Why?”

“Well I thought maybe we could go together and talk about our feeling and stuff. I thought maybe it would help us deal with Mikey’s death.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Gerard answers throwing his garbage away.

I sigh, “Will you go?”

“Yeah,” Gerard says looking at me. “Amber, will you play for me?”

I nod looking around the messy flat for my guitar I always leave here. I find it under a pile of dirty clothes. For the next three hours I play for Gerard. He eventually passes out.

I just hope my cousin is telling the truth and that he really will go to those therapy sessions. It’s the only way he’ll start to heal.
Sign up to rate and review this story