Categories > Anime/Manga > Wild Adapter

Glasses

by redex 0 reviews

KuboToki. They all laugh because they think they know what it means.

Category: Wild Adapter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Kubota Makoto, Tokitoh Minoru - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-22 - 328 words - Complete

1Insightful
His glasses always get in the way when you kiss.

You didn't even remember what this kissing would lead to when you first did it, blushing and hopeful that some of the princess' luck would come to you if you did the same thing she had done on television.

Kubota had given you a strange look and sat you down to supper before explaining to you what it meant in the real world. He knows you're always in a better mood after getting some food in you. When you first arrived in his home you wouldn't let him near you until he left you and some instant noodles in a room and left. It's not such a big deal now, because you've put on a few pounds and maybe even grown a few centemetres with Kubota's diet of sugar and coffee.

You kiss more often now, now that you remember what it means. The kind of places you two hang out, it's often going on around you. That doesn't mean you take it lightly; it is only when he is being especially lost that you give in with a blush and brush against his chapped, stained lips. He has learnt to accept it as a gift and pretend nothing had happened; he doesn't want to scare you off.

And so you have learnt what a hinderance glasses are when it comes to these things, although when people make jokes about it you only look at them blankly.

There is no sex involved - kissing isn't a road to something else. The kissing is enough for both of you, because you know how hard it is for him to trust. You want him to trust you.

You don't need to take his glasses off to see his eyes when you kiss him, and the dark shade that hangs over them fades just a little for that moment.

Some days you wish he would hold on to you a little longer.
Sign up to rate and review this story