Categories > Original > Fantasy

Teardrop

by Tealsnowflake 0 reviews

Grace is only the best friend of the most popular girl in school, the boring one, the one who follows but as her life takes a twist she realises things she hasn't before.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2012-01-16 - Updated: 2012-01-16 - 3326 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

“I’m not sure about this. I think I’m going to put on my ultra-skinny jeans.” I said scanning myself over in the mirror. I didn’t look like Grace Taylor.
“Listen to me because you know I’m right, you look really pretty. Your red hair makes your outfit perfect. Your just…I’m so jealous.” Amy was always sweet like that, trying to make me feel pretty. It never worked though. Why would I pretend to be something that I’m not?
“Okay. I will but only for you and just to let you know I don’t want to wear this; I feel exposed in so many ways.”
“You look beautiful in so many ways”Amy demanded with simple effort.
“Shut up, no I don’t. I look like a hooker.” As soon as I said the words, I wish I hadn't, the look on Amy's face dropped by several centimetres.
“I am defiantly hurt now, because I wear stuff like this. Do I look like a hooker then?” Amy let out a sigh on pain. I didn’t mean to say that but I just didn’t wear that kind of stuff.
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean that, but I just don’t feel comfortable in these clothes.” The skirt was right up my ass. I had Kilimanjaro hills on, a tight fitted corset, blood red nails and deep black mascara and heavy eye liner. I mean me in that, equals not going to happen.

I pulled Amy in for a hug and dragged her out the door before I had taken a final glance in the mirror and yelling night to everyone. We met Jack at the bus stop, (Amy’s 'Guy friend'. He was beautiful, so dreamlike. I didn’t think guys could look so amazing good, well except for my intense crush on Andy) I said a quick hi then got in the driver’s seat of his car. Whenever us three went out, I would drive and they would laugh and joke in the back seat. I felt lonely sometimes but the rides were never long enough for me to self pity much.

I pulled up to the party ten minutes later with the love-birds and decided to ditch them and take a look around. I saw Kate and went to chat with her, as I walked I heard whistles but I ignored them and carried on walking.( I'm still boring grace with the fiery red hair. I’m still grace the freak that’s lucky to have Amy as a best friend.) As Kate recognised who i was she gasped, really loud. I gave a short dry laugh and smiled.
“Can’t I look different for once Kate?” I said feeling my cheeks brighten.
“Wow you look amazing. I never thought you would wear anything like this. It totally suits you, you look hot.”
“Thanks but no thanks I think I’ll stick to boring Grace, that way, I won’t get that much attention. Do you want a drink? I need to get away, I can that feel people are staring at me, and it’s scary.”
“Nah I’m cool but I’ll come with you. Can’t leave you on your own with all these boys around now can we?” she gave a short, loud laugh then gestured for me to walk. I felt jealousy come off from her in very powerful waves. I felt claustrophobic.
“I think I’m going to go home. I don’t feel too good.”
“Well let me get Amy to drop you home. I would have but I didn’t drive here in my car.”
It’s ok, I will walk, and it’s only twenty minutes from here.”
“No way, Amy will go nuts. I’m going to text her.”
I didn’t really care. I just want to leave and get away from the jealousy and everything else. Five minutes after Amy had found us and dragged me into a quiet area looking worried and sad. She knew I was fine.
“Don’t go babe, the party’s just starting to liven up." She grabbed me, gave me a quick hug and pulled me into the crowd and started dancing. After a while, I left to get a drink. As I looked into the close-distance trees, my mouth fell open slightly. He was beautiful. I had to lean on to a tree to get my balance. Feeling embarrassed I quickly got a drink and started to walk back towards Amy, when I slipped on the mud and fell right into a pair of strong arms. I was so shocked, I thought I was going to hit the ground head first. When I opened my eyes I looked up to a pair of yellow with blue flecked eyes.My breathing became shallow, I could feel myself losing my way into them. I jumped out of the arms as soon as I felt myself giving into the eyes. They had to be contacts right? I didn’t stay around to ask. I said I quick thanks, nearly tripped again then went off into the night. I felt hot tears rolling down my eyes so I started to run, I was always at my calmest while running; Feeling the wind hit my face as I ran was the best part. I heard voices behind me shout my name so I picked up speed, I wanted to whole night to be forgotten. This was the first time I had ran in heels and I had to admit it was easy. My vision started to become too bleary so I slowed to a walk. I don’t know why I was crying and that made it worse. I saw a figure a few yards away so I took out my phone and said really loudly “yeah I’m round the corner so I will be there shortly.” As I got closer to the figure I became scared and started to shake. Their head was tilted forward and their eyes were closed as if waiting for rain. As I got even closer, the person turned and looked at me. It was him, from the party. How had he got there so fast? And why was he there? I felt a pinch of safety seeing it was him. He waited for me to come into hearing distance then said “Hi”
“Hi. Can I help you?”
“Don’t be afraid. I’m here to see you get home ok, Amy knows so don’t worry about her. She was really worried.”
“I know. I just, I needed space to breath.” I walked forward waiting for him to follow. As we came to the street before mine I turned to him. “Thanks. This is my stop.”
“No it is not. You live the next road.”
“How do know…? Oh. Amy.”
He walked me to my door said bye and waited for me to go in before leaving.

All that night I dreamt about him and his weird eyes staring at me, never talking just staring.



7th September 2015
Dear Diary,

I’m in love with the weird eyed boy from Saturday.

I slept throughout Sunday.

Dear Diary, 10th September 2015

I’m going to start today, by telling you about me.


I am Grace Taylor and I am 15 years old. I have red hair if you haven’t noticed. I always wear skinny jeans and a baggy top with trainers.no nail varnish or fake nails. My hair is always a straight mess, usually tied in a bun. I get straight A’s. Life is boring. I feel alone sometimes well actually quite a lot. I have a best friend who is everything I’m not. Pretty, funny, has the perfect body shape, totally awesome. I cry a lot. I don’t eat much. I always go on runs. And that’s about it.


Friday morning is the funniest morning of the week in my family. Mal gets up ten minutes before he has to leave school, trying to get mum or dad to let him stay and sleep but it never works, you think he would know by now, but that’s Mal. Damon gets up half an hour before he has to leave, giving him time to do whatever. On a Friday Alice will come in my room and wake me up by bringing in Mille, (our dog) and letting her lick my hand until I wake up.
I told Alice ‘if that dog licks my face because of you I’m going to make you regret it.’
Alice just nodded and I chucked my little teddy at her. I had had that toy since it was 1 or 2 years old.
‘So come on, can we. It would be so fun’ Alice pleaded to me. But I didn’t want to; just leave them to do their own things. If they want to sleep let them sleep.
‘I don’t…’
‘Vibration’
I see you looking at me, me. I know you want me so come and get me.it isn’t going to be easy but you can try. I’m a little crazy so…you better watch out baby .ima be watching you, you. You will be watching me. ‘Sorry, Alisha put that song as my ring tone’
Push down on me. Just get a little fun-ky ‘Hello?’
‘Hey Grey’ Amy cheered down the phone (I so wish I had that voice).
‘You’re up early Ams. Is something wrong? Wait, are you in trouble again?’
‘Ha! You think so badly of me! No I was wondering if I could be at your house in 7 minutes so we can walk to school. I need to chat to you and can you say hi to Alice while your there for me?’ I smiled she knew my routine so well. I leaned down on my bed so my head was on Alice’s lap and said ‘Ams says hi babes’
Alice took the phone from my hand and cheered:
‘Hello Amieee’
I placed my hand out and Alice dropped my phone into my hand.
‘Yes yes come over, hurry up. I’m going to have a shower’
I got off the bed, grabbed my towel and headed towards the bathroom hopping dad weren’t in there, stinking out the toilet for a couple of hours.
‘Kk I will be quick. Oh can I grab something to eat at your house?’
I rolled my eyes. I don’t know why she asks I always say yeah.
‘Yes of course. Why do you ask? No one minds there’s always food at my house because of my brother’s appetites. Poor mum, anyway go. Bye, kiss kiss’ I waited for her to say bye. Thinking of the song ‘come get me’, which somebody set as my ringtone. I did like the song though.
‘Bye my little redhead. See you in a bit. Kisses.’
I ended the call and walked towards the shower while pushing Alice out of my room and clicking the door shut.


‘Hurry up Grace you’re taking too long. You moan at me for taking ages but I’m here and ready to go.’ Amy moaned at me while I was pulling my boot up, As if she never took long when I was at her house. If she had helped untangle my hair, we wouldn’t be in this mess. As I picked up my small bag to get my lip gloss, everything went black.

He was there, the yellow-blue eyed boy. His eyes were shining bright and if you looked deep enough you could see into his soul. They were filled with worry but most of all with love and happiness. A girl appeared out of the blackness, She was wearing a black ball gown with tights and shiny black hills. Her hair was tied up. As I looked at her features I realised that the girl was actually me. She had the same plain brown eyes which now looked happy and in love. She had the same little nose and high cheekbones and the same shaped lips. Her body shape was the same but the clothes were completely different. Maybe it wasn’t me but a girl similar to me.
The boy laughed and came to where the girl was standing, taking her in his arms and kissing her softly on the cheek.
I heard voices but it weren’t coming from the boy or the girl. I could here Alice in her worried voice with Amy, Damon and Mal then, the vision of the two people went hazy and I started to see four people above me. After a while everything was clear and I was staring up at Amy, wondering where I was and why everyone was surrounding me.
“What happened guys and why are you all around me and where am I?”
They all looked at each over then at me. Amy was the one to speak. I was so confused.
“Stay where you are Grace. Do you feel ok? Is your head hurting? Are you hurting anywhere?”
She had ignored my question completely. I knew if I wanted to know what I wanted to know, I must answer her question but then Damon spoke answering mine.
“I came running down the stairs hearing Amy’s screams to find you spread out on the floor unconscious. Then Alice and Mal came down wondering what was going on.”
“I don’t remember what happened. I feel fine. My head hurts a little but that’s it. How did I end up on the floor?”
Amy spoke because no one else could. Everyone had been up stairs doing other things.
“We were getting ready to leave. I moaned at you because you were taking too long, then you got up and went looking in your small bag for something and the next thing I saw, were you falling to the floor. I screamed and that’s when Damon came down.”
I blinked hard, trying to remember me going to my bag, but all I saw was that boy and the girl. I tried to sit up but fell back. Luckily Damon caught me. He had really good reflexes and I was grateful.
“I think you should stay home and relax, sis,” Damon had said while making sure I wasn’t bleeding
“Um… I think I will be okay at school, I mean, not a lot of harm was done. I just have a headache but I can just take some pain killers”
“Ace, Damon is right, you should stay home. If you don’t want to be by yourself I will stay with you.” Amy said
“I…um… okay but Amy you can go to school, I will be fine”
Amy didn’t need to miss school because of me.
“Oh hush you. I’m staying with you, end of discussion.”
“Okay, okay.” I think I hurt Amy but I didn’t mean to, I was just trying to help “Thanks everyone but you should get going.”

Amy helped me onto the sofa but I didn’t need help I was fine. Alice and Mal went to get their bags then left. They would be a few minutes late but they could make it if they ran half of the way. Damon went back upstairs and didn’t come down for another half an hour. I gathered he wasn’t going to school. He glanced into the room, got a drink then went back upstairs talking to someone on the phone. Amy and I curled up on the sofa and watched love means loads with some popcorn and coke. 15 minutes had passed when the doorbell rang. It couldn’t be for mum or dad because they had gone to work early today and their friends would know. It couldn’t be for Amy or me because no one knows we are here.
Damon came down the stairs and got the door, letting in the cold air and a girl. She was a bit taller then Amy, with a black, spiky bob for a hairstyle. She was wearing flat shoes, tights, shorts and a black baseball jacket. Anyone would think it was summer or something but she did look really nice.
Damon looked around at us then sighed and gestured for the girl to go into where we were. She moved like Alice from twilight, she even looked like her.
“Hiya, I’m Trina. Nice to meet you two” she sang in her high pitched voice
Amy was the one to talk, introducing us. “Hey I’m Amy and this is Damon’s sister Grace. It’s nice to meet you too.”
This time it was me who spoke. “Are you and he, you know, going out?”
Trina giggled and nodded her head quickly and changed the subject after looking at Damon. “I know what you’re thinking. You think I look like that girl from twilight. Well I do. Everyone says I look and act like her and I say I can’t help being perfect” she giggled at the end and Damon attacked her from behind, giving her a hug. She giggled even more. She seemed sweet. She left Damon and sat down on one of the chairs.
“Babe can I have a drink if that’s alright?” she asked
“Sure.” He called while walking into the kitchen.
I had to ask. I knew Amy was dieing to know. “So when did you and he meet? Was it at school?”
It was as if she had been waiting for one of us to ask.
“Well I’ve known him since I was twelve but we started dating four months ago. We got together when a group of us went to the cinema around the corner from here. He held me every time I screamed (her face went really red at that moment), we started talking and by the end we had each other’s phone numbers.”
Alisha and me both did ah’s and looked out at Damon then Trina.
Damon came back in with two glasses filled with coke and a box of chocolates. He took Trina’s hand and led her to the other sofa then they curled up together ready to watch the movie with us.
It felt nice to watch a movie with my brother and his girlfriend, I thought it would have been weird but it wasn’t.



Dear Diary 10th September 2015


I can’t stop thinking about the boy with the yellow-blue eyes and the girl that looked a lot like me. I wish I saw more. Maybe if I heard her voice I would have known if it was her or me. Sorry I haven’t even told you what happened. Before I saw the two people, Amy said I went looking into my small bag and that’s when I crashed to the floor. Everything went pitch black then a boy appeared out of nowhere his eyes were a yellow-blue colour. I think I could get lost in them forever. His eyes were filled with worry but most of all with love and happiness. The boy was wearing a black suit with shiny black shoes. He stood waiting and that’s when the girl appeared. She was wearing a black ball gown with tights and shiny black shoes.


That night I saw him again, this time he and the girl was at a beach. The girl splashed him with water so he grabbed her, chucked her to the floor, laughed and picked her up. They both looked really happy. The dream ended with me feeling the desire to be there in his arms so happy. Some people say that when you see a boy repeatedly in your dreams then he’s your soul mate but I can’t say.
Sign up to rate and review this story