Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Candy From Strangers

Ita!

by Chaotic_Disillusion 0 reviews

Ryuichi recieves a very special present for Valentine's Day! The thing is, who in the world sent it? And once he finds out, what is he going to do about it?

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Ryuichi, Shuichi, Tatsuha, Yuki - Published: 2006-06-23 - Updated: 2006-06-24 - 3872 words

1Original

Title: Candy from Strangers
Chapter One: Ita! (I found you)
Author: Chaotic_Disillusion
A/N: This is in answer to (I can't remember the site) a fic challenge... I still have the code though: 060105
Yeah, other than that... I was gonna have this just be a one-shot but it kinda got out of control... heh ^_^V... ANYWHO, yeah, I hope you guys enjoy this one. If you're one of the few who actually read "Sometimes Life Can" and are wondering where the heck the next chapter is... read my last review on Gurab and you'll understand. It started out as just something that I wanted to try but Suanne kinda made me want to actually turn it into something that I put some effort into XD... AHH! This has turned into an A/N about the wrong fic! HERE!! Read this one!! It's better!!! WAHH!!

~*~

"Ahhhh! CANDY! Yay-yay-yay-ya--"

"No Ryu-san," Tohma gently removed the heart-shaped box from Ryuichi's hands.

Ryu positively wilted, "Awe, why not?"

"Because, this one-- out of all the candy you've received from fans this year-- is the only one without, A) a forwarding address and B) without a name. Plus, it came to your personal address-- you may have an over zealous stalker again," Tohma sighed, this was bound to happen-- again.

"So!? It's just candy! Please, Tohma-kun?!"

Shaking his head, Tohma tried once again to explain the dangers of taking candy from strangers. "Ryu, we don't know what's in that candy--"

"Carmel!"

"No, that's not what I meant, I mean-- someone may have poisoned the candy with the intention of hurting you."

Ryuichi stopped bouncing immediately, "Why would someone do that, no da?"

"I don't know, I really don't-- in fact, the probability is that it isn't really dangerous at all. I just don't want to take the chance, is all."

Instantaneously, Ryuichi perked up, "Well then, we should have Sakano-san try it! He'd be happy to so long as you asked him!" He sprang up and lunged for the box, ready to feed any one of the possibly tainted chocolates to Sakano.

Before he could even get to the desk, Tohma snatched the chocolates and placed them in a drawer under lock and hey.

"No."

"Oh, come on! Please?" When Tohma shook his head once again, Ryuichi crossed his arms in front of his chest and began to pout.

"Ryu-kun, there is plenty of safe candy over there," Tohma pointed to a corner of the room where boxes upon boxes of chocolates and Valentine's Day gifts sat. "Thos have all been checked out and made ready for eating."

Ryu shook his head vigorously and pointed to the floor next to him where an entire bouquet of roses of various colors sat. "This one came to my house, with my favorite kind of chocolates, and my favorite color of roses. Not only that, but they sent Kuma-chan a tiny box of his favorite chocolates and even a bunch a flowers for him! I want THOSE chocolates!"

Tohma pinched the bridge of his nose, "I could let you have them if I knew who they were from, Ryu-kun, but I don't so I ca--" Tohma paused at the glowing smile Ryu was suddenly sporting. "What?"

"All I gotta do is find out who sent 'am to me and I can have 'em?"

"N-no Ryu, that's not what I meant!"

"Nuh-uh," Ryuichi waggled a finger in Tohma's face. "You said!"

"Es, but that was not--"

"Yay! Ryu's goin' on an adventure! Ryu's goin' on an adventure!" Not forgetting Kumagoro and the flowers, Ryuichi made a prompt exit through the large oak doors of Tohma's office-- leaving a sputtering Shacho-san in his wake.

Outside the office though, Ryuichi stood speaking quite frankly with Kumagoro, "You know what Kuma-chan? I think Tohma's goin' soft. If I ad done that three years ago he woulda killed me, na no da."

And off they went, to begin their search-- but first, they had to pick up and extra detective!

~*~

"S-Sakuma-san? What are you do-"

Skipping all explanations, Ryuichi grabbed Shuichi by the wrist and drug him to the car. Later, of course, they went back so Shuichi could get his shoes.

~*~

"So, Seguchi-san won't let you eat it until you find out who sent it?"

Ryuichi nodded enthusiastically, "Will you help me, Shu-kun? Please?"

"Yeah!" Shuichi stopped suddenly and his smile fell, "Hey, Sakuma-san?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any leads?"

Ryuichi's face fell, "What kind a leads?"

"I dunno, anything?"

Lamely, Ryuichi showed Shuichi the roses, giving a half-hearted smile to make up for the lack of evidence.

"Uh okay-where do you want to start?"

"Well, they came to my house, so shouldn't we start there?"

"Sounds good to me!"

~*~

They stood in front of Ryuichi's mailbox-staring. Not lifting his gaze from the box, Shuichi asked, "So, what now, Sakuma-san?"

"Well, since it came in the mail," here Ryu paused, thinking of a possible connection. His eyes suddenly lit up, "Then the mailbox should smell like the roses, right?"

"I-I guess."

"Then we should be able to follow the scent right to whoever delivered them!"

"RIGHT!" Shuichi was pumped.

"Right! Now let's follow the bloodhound of all bunnies! Kumagoro! Right!" And with that Ryu set Kumagoro into the mailbox.

A little less enthusiasm this time, Shuichi replied with a confused, "R-right."

Snatching the pink bunny from the dark depths of the mailbox, Ryuichi held him in out stretched arms and spun around. Round and round the singer went, not knowing where or when he'd-at that moment the great Sakuma Ryuichi fell, gracefully one might add, onto his cute little ass. Laughing like a delighted child, Ryu said, "Kuma-chan says we should go this way, na no da!"

Shuichi grinned, "Well, at least someone knows where we're going!" But Ryu was already gone, nearly a block away-Kumagoro leading the way. "Hey! Wait up guys!"

~*~

"The post office?" Shuichi sounded a tad disappointed, truthfully he was hoping for something a little more exciting.

"Yeah! Good job, Kumagoro!" Ryuichi raced through the double doors to the and directly to the desk. Beaming at the lady behind the counter, e shoved the flowers onto the counter-top, "Can you tell me where these came from?"

She smiled amiably back, nodding, "Yes, I probably can." She took the flowers into her hands and searched for the label, "Yup, just like I thought. Those are from-the flower shop just down the street, or at least they're from the same chain."

"Really?" when the woman nodded Ryu thanked her ad skipped out into the lobby where Shuichi was.

"Well? Did you find out who sent them?"

Ryuichi shook his head vigorously, his hair flying, "Nope! Evidently Bloodhound-Kuma failed as a doggy! But the nice lady told me to try the flower shop down the way!"

"Wow, that's great! Let's go!" Shuichi was excited again-this might turn out to be a great adventure after all!

The two men walked out of the post office and came to a halt. Shuichi was the first to ask the burning question, "Um, Sakuma-san? You said it was just down the way-which way exactly?"

A puzzled look crossed Ryuichi's features, "Uh-I'm not so sure. How 'bout we go that way?!" he pointed to the right.

Shuichi smiled again, "Yeah! That looks like a good place to start!" And they set off. There was only one thing that neither of them had noticed, it was that the flower shop was right next door to the post office. To the left.

~*~

If one were to map the route these two took to get to the flower shop with a dotted line-it would resemble a Family Circus cartoon, Billy leading the way. They went all over town, over and under, through and around, in circles, and in circles going the opposite direction. Eventually, they found themselves standing in front of Shuichi's house-on the other side of town. Several miles away.

~*~

"It's okay, Sakuma-san! Here, have a juice box! They always make me feel better!" Ryuichi sat on the couch, sniffling and unsure as to how he was supposed to fine the person who sent him such a thoughtful gift.

"But if I don't find them I'll never be able to thank them!" wailed the forlorn singer-not forgetting, of course, to grab the offered juice box.

"Would you two idiots shut the hell up?!" Yuki screamed from the study. He had been half wondering why Shuichi hadn't been beating his door down, especially since it was Valentine's Day. As soon as he heard the voice of Sakuma Ryuichi floating through the walls of his office though, Yuki knew why his lover had suddenly forgotten to harass him about locking himself in his cave.

"Sorry Yuki! We'll be quieter, I promise!"

A shocked look skittered across his face, only momentarily and quickly was replaced with an annoyed scowl, "Yeah, good."

Turning back to Ryuichi, Shuichi worriedly wondered what he could do for the sniffling man. A cough came from Yuki's direction brought an immediate idea to Shuichi's head. "H-hold on, Sakuma-san! I'll be right back!" Ryuichi merely nodded as Shuichi sprinted to Yuki's office.

"Yuki! Yuki! Yuki! Help me!" screamed the well voiced singer through the thick door.

The obvious distress in Shuichi's screams were the only thing that motivated Yuki's leap for the door. "What? Is everything okay?"

Shuichi paused and cocked a brow, the way Yuki had asked him made it sound like he may have been in serious danger, "Um, yeah? Why do you ask?"

The murderous glare followed by a ground out, "Because you were screaming for help, ya little punk," made Shuichi calm down a bit.

"Oh, heh. I was just wonderin' if you'd help me 'n' Sakuma-san with somethin'?"

The writer rubbed his forehead where the dull ache was sure to appear later hat night. "And in what way would you like me to help?"

Immediately Shuichi perked up, "Really?! Hold on a sec, 'kay?" Within two seconds he ran to the couch where Ryu sat, still lamenting the issue at hand, snatched the flowers from his death grip, and hurried back to Yuki. Presenting the beautiful bouquet, he chirped, "Where did these come from?"

Leaning against the doorway, Yuki cocked one perfect brow, "The flower shop?"

Shuichi giggled, "No! I mean how do we find out where they came from?"

Yuki grabbed the flowers and stared at the label for a few moments. Striding over to the phone he snagged it from the cradle and punched out a number. He waited a moment, "Hello?" he turned o his most charming, debonair voice-obviously a woman had answered the phone.

~*~

"A dozen red roses you say? With no return address, no card, no nothing?" The woman at the flower shop was genuinely perplexed, they always made sure that there was some way for the person who received the flowers or gift to find out who sent it. It was the company policy-more so they didn't get sued for sending things from a stalker than anything else.

"Of course I can find out who sent them for you. Let's see, one dozen, dark red, are the long stem? Uh-huh, so long stem-thorns or no? No thorns, anything distinguishing about them? A ribbon perhaps?" When the male on the other end answered, the polite young woman nearly dropped the phone. "D-did you just say there was a p-pink r-rabbit on a y-yellow r-ribbon?" another pregnant pause. "I-I thought so. Could you hold one moment please, sir? I'll be right back." Pressing the hold button and gently setting the phone down, the girl calmly walked to the back of the store and shut the door behind her.

And she screamed. She shrieked. She screeched. And she wailed.

This lady definitely remembered the customer the man on the phone was speaking of. The asshole that had seemed so insanely handsome and suave. She even remembered his name-although such words would never again be uttered in said flower shop.

He'd walked in like any other man, looking for some flowers for his sweet heart. She'd been eager to help such a dashing figure-too eager. He'd rejected five different bouquets because they simply weren't "red enough." He then decided to instruct her, the florist of ten years, on how to arrange them. Truthfully, this wouldn't have been so bad-if he hadn't decided to blame her for how horridly his arrangement turned out. At this point in their encounter this sweet woman was riding on her last nerve-it was the day before Valentine's Day after all. So after fighting with this extremely wonderful customer for what seemed like hours, he finally decided that the arrangement was perfect-and thus good enough for his beloved. She kind of admired him for a moment-who would go to such trouble for someone unless they truly loved them?

Well, a moment anyway. The moment sort of ended the second he pulled out a handful of coins. Followed by another. And another. Again, one more. And one last one. Oh wait! There, that had been it. The real kick was how big this guy's hands were.

He was paying in coins. For a dozen roses. Long stem. To be delivered next day. What a bastard.

~*~

Yuki finished scribbling down the address, the woman refused to give him a name but this time he was okay with it. The address was familiar anyway. "Mm-hmm, thank you miss. Good bye." Swiftly, Yuki walked to the amazed Shuichi and stuffed the tiny piece of paper with the address on it down his shirt and promptly locked himself in his office once more.

Fishing the address out of his shirt, Shuichi's jaw dropped as he read it. He blinked. Once. Twice. Three times. Finally he grinned and smacked the heel of his hand to his forehead, "Of course! I shoulda guessed!"

Muffled, but still quite audible, Yuki stated, "Yeah, yeah you should have. Baka."

Shuichi wanted nothing more than to barge in there and hug his lover-perfectly suffocating him to death. A sniffle from the couch tore him from such thoughts though. "Oh, Sakuma-san? I've got something for ya!"

Instantly, Ryuichi was in front of Shuichi, barely able to stay on one foot for too long, "Didjya find out who it was? Didjya, didjya?!"

Nodding, Shuichi handed the paper to Ryu, "That's where you can find him."

"Hmm? Oh! A clue! It's a guy!? Do I know him?! Huh, do I?"

"Hmmm, yes, I guess. Sorta. Kinda."

"Woo-hoo! Let's go, Kuma-chan!" wasting no more time, Ryuichi jetted towards the door. "Thanks again, Shuichi-kun! Thanks, Yuki-san!"

"You're welcome, Sakuma-san!" Shuichi waved. "Good luck and be careful!"

One brilliant smile later and Ryuichi was gone. Slamming the door behind him.

"Is he gone?" Yuki asked, actually venturing outside of his office.

"Yeah, thanks Yuki!" Shuichi attached himself to Yuki's middle. "And happy Valentine's Day!"

"Uh-huh, you know that was a long distance phone call?"

"Uhhh, I guess it was, wasn't it?"

"Yup."

"Oh, I'm sorry?"

"Nope."

"What do you mean, 'nope?'"

"No reason to be sorry-not for that anyway. Hell, if you're gonna be sorry be sorry for bringing more people like you home with you. I can only stand so much."

A grin and a tighter squeeze, "Sorry 'bout that, Yuki." Shuichi seemed content to stay firmly in place, wrapped around Yuki's middle.

Looking down to his new attachment, Yuki gave a small half-smile, "You want to apologize? Get off me and get ready. We've got reservations to be on time for."

"Really?!" a small nod from the taller author and a giant squeal from the shorter singer and Shuichi was gone, getting ready for something he could never have even had the courage to hope for.

~*~

"We're on an airplane, Kumagoro! We should definitely sing the airplane song!" Kumagoro nodded ecstatically. "Great!" and they broke into song.

A deep breath and:

"Flyin' in an airplane,
Lookin' out the window,
Watchin' the clouds go by!
Bum, bum, bum!"

Rinse, lather, and repeat until the stewardess grits her teeth, smiles a giant fake smile-certainly not as good as Tohma's-and asks you to please chose a different song.

In that case, smile, giggle adorably-and start in on the "Na No Da" song.

~*~

Deep just black eyes studied the piece of paper and promptly flitted to the building before them. Paper. Building. Paper. Building. Confirmation. The address on the paper was, indeed, this building.

"So, is this it, Kuma-chan?" Ryu worried his bottom lip while asking.

The little pink bunny smiled inside, his best friend was nervous. Nodding vigorously a lot of the worry lifted from Ryuichi's face-and was soon replaced with trepidation. But that was okay, Kumagoro recognized the address. He remembered the face that went with it too. Kumagoro trusted this guy-which was odd, because there really weren't too many people he trusted with his little Ryuichi.

"Go ahead, Ryu. Everything's going to be okay," Kuma smiled. "You remember who lives here, don't you?"

A slow timid nod, "I remember him. He's that kid. The one who plays with me. He's really nice and pretty patient, he never gets annoyed with me or anything. I remember him."

If Kuma had eyebrows they would have furrowed, "What's wrong, Ryu?"

"You don't understand, Kuma!" Ryuichi leaned into his best friend's ear, "Did you know that he just graduated high school-this year?"

"And what's wrong with that, Ryuichi?"

Ryu nearly flinched at the use of his full name instead of his nickname. "He's still got lots to learn about the world-his eyes always shine with trust. I don't wanna be the one to steal the light from his eyes, Kuma, I just don't wanna do that to my lovely Tatsuha-kun!" That did it. That pushed Ryu over the edge and his tears began to fall as he squeezed Kumagoro hard to his chest.

~*~

At first, when Tatsuha had walked up to the temple he almost turned around when he'd spotted the figure standing at the bottom of the stairs. But there was something unsettlingly familiar about the person, and then he heard it. He finally heard that heavenly voice and the voice of the angels was speaking about him.

"I just don't wanna do that to my lovely Tatsuha-kun!"

That was the straw that broke Tatsuha's resolve, "It's okay, Ryuichi-kun. It'll be fine," he broke through the light sound of sobbing and put a hand on the shaking shoulder before him.

Ryuichi spun around, a shocked look gracing his smooth features, "T-Tatsuha-kun?" A small pause as Tatsuha smiled and Ryuichi's shock gave way to a giant wave of pure delight, "Tatsuha-kun!" Immediately, Ryu threw his arms around the unsuspecting monk.

"It's good to see you too, Ryu-kun," Tatsuha grinned, tossing his groceries down and returning the hug. Although he never wanted to let go, Tatsuha forced himself to pull away and look his idol in the eye, "Now, why the tears?" As giddy as he was, he still was quite concerned.

Ryuichi smiled, "What tears, na no da?"

Blinking, Tatsuha realized that there really weren't any tears. "Oh, well then-"

"Did you send these to me?" Ryuichi shoved a very familiar bouquet of flowers into the teen's face.

"Um-y-yeah, I did," Tatsuha became more nervous than he had been before-if that was actually possible.

All that was nervously fluttering about inside Tatsuha instantly froze when Ryuichi smiled beautifully and a simple and clear giggle trickled from his perfect lips. "I'm so glad they were from you, Tatsuha-kun!"

"Really?" Eager. Hopeful. Excited. Tense. Fearful. Fearless. Elated. Sanguine.

"Yeah! Now I can eat those yummy chocolates you sent me!" Ryuichi hugged the flowers to him and frowned slightly, "Tohma-kun wouldn't let me eat 'em 'til I found out who sent them to me."

Tatsuha's eyes widened, "Y-you mean you didn't get the card I sent you?" Ryu slowly shook his head no. "Damn it!" Tatsuha had spent hours on that card. No, scratch that. Days. He'd spent days perfecting it. In the card he'd expressed his undying love for the Ryuichi he'd come to know and love. Both on stage and off.

Cocking his head a bit to the right, Ryu looked curiously up at the boy, "What did it say?"

"Oh!" that was not something that he really had the greatest urge to gush verbally-to his god anyway. "N-nothin' much. Just wishing you a happy Valentine's Day 's all!"

Ryu looked a little disappointed for a moment, "Oh." Then he perked up. If Tatsuha had had the chance to blink, he would have missed the change all together, "Well happy Valentine's Day, Tatsuha-kun!"

The slow, easy smile the young monk was known for slipped into place, "Happy Valentine's Day, Ryu-kun."

Ryuichi's innocent expression nearly faltered, 'There's that sparkle again. Whenever I see him, it's always there. Right up front.'

Tatsuha's deep laugh broke Ryu from his thoughts, "What's goin' through that head now?"

A giant grin spread across the singer's face, "Just thinkin' 's all! Come on!" Ryu grabbed Tatsuha's hand and drug him to a waiting car.

"Wh-where're we going, Ryu-kun?"

"It's a surprise, no da!" Ryu beamed as he shoved Tatsuha into the back seat.

~*~

"Ta-da!" Tatsuha had practically been pushed out of the car just before it came to a full stop. "I'm taking you out for a 'thank you dinner!'" the singer announced.

Tatsuha's ever cool exterior shattered, "Wh-what?!"

"I said that I'm ta-oh!" realization washed over Ryuichi's face. "You probably had a date today, huh? Like with some nice girl," Ryu hugged Kumagoro. "I'm sorry, Tat-"

"No!" Tatsuha interjected.

"What?"

"I-I mean," Tatsuha regained a little of his usual composure. "I-I mean, this sounds great! The only plans I had were to cook Valentine's Day dinner for the old man," he stuck his tongue out, made a gagging motion, and grinned, "thanks Ryu-kun. Really."

Ryu lit up, "Yay! Let's go eat!"

~*~

Look at him. He's beautiful. Glowing. Shining bright. Loving the moment. Loving life. His eyes are shining again. Oh, how they shine. Every time he looks at me, I know I shouldn't be here. That shine isn't mine to bask in. It isn't mine to soak up and greedily take in. I can't help it though. He makes it feel like it's only me that he glimmers for. I know that isn't the case. No one shines for just me. They always glow brightest for someone else. Not me. It's okay, though. As long as I know what's really going on-just so long as I keep reality within arm's reach. I can still pretend. I can still pretend.

~*~

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter... please tell me what I can do to make it better. And if you're out there Suanne... HELP ME! XD XD XD Yeah, on a more serious note, please review. And if you're gonna talk about the short sentences... they have a reason. I don't normally write this way-they give the fic a little more meaning. The only thing this means is: I've been spending too much time in my lit class... EWWWW!! A.P. Senior Lit sucks butt!!!! Yeah! Review please! :3 Much love to those who do and love still to those who only read!
Sign up to rate and review this story