Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSbZ-T3D6Go
Or read my notes below.
NOTE: BEFORE YOU FLIP SHIT BECAUSE OF A NEGATIVE REVIEW, I do my best to read each and every submission thoroughly TWICE; first for the actual story, second with an editorial eye to spot little technical things like grammar and spelling and style. I do not review negatively to be a sour old bitch, nor because I dislike the author or the genre. The only thing I DON’T read is the smut. I skim through that and get back to the point of the story, because I feel that sex scenes are a slight departure from the actual PLOT. You could cut all the graphic sex from most stories and have it all be perfectly fine still (one of the only exceptions I can think of being We Like Movies by MCArmyWife, as a lot of the plot is entwined with smut). So, yeah.
Oh, and I’ve decided to add rules slash guidelines to submitting:
1. As far as romance goes, keep it tasteful (ie, no plotless smut fics, if you would be so kind).
2. Absolutely NO Baycest (BanditxGerard). You submit that to me and I will likely flip shit (ESPECIALLY if it’s, like, Gerard molesting or raping a four year old Bandit or something). If you wanna write and read that shit for personal pleasure, that’s not my business. But I DO not and WILL not promote that. You can have Frankie or Gee molested all you want, but NOT Lady B. She’s a baby. I don’t care if you have Gerard rape Lindsey or Frank, but not his daughter. Just no, guys, okay?
3. Make sure what you’re submitting has appropriate warnings. I don’t care about summaries or chapter length, but if I’m about to witness butt rape, let me have a little warning first.
4. I’m not requiring it, but if you could possibly let the other authors you are submitting know that you are submitting them, that’d be great.
5. Be patient if I don’t get to your submission. I’m probably gonna cut down my reviewing to five fics per episode so that they don’t get too long (I mean, did you SEE the length of the last epi? Like 20 fucking minutes!) I WILL read at least something of each submission. Just realize that I get anywhere from 5 to 15 submissions a week. I WILL read them in the order they are presented to me (unless they are really long, and I’ll get to those when I can).
6. Original fiction and non-MCR fan fiction is perfectly acceptable. Hell, you can submit something that isn’t even on ficwad (a few people have submitted stuff from livejournal, which is perfectly fine). Just no anime or manga stuff. I don’t keep up with that, sorry.
That about covers it, I guess. Anyways, here are my notes for this week’s submissions:
http://www.ficwad.com/story/166521 -- AdnarimSmada, The Rebels (original)
So we’ve got Addie, about as American grunge girl as you get with a dash more innocence, who is an exchange student to NI. Talk about terrifying / exciting, yeah? Just some daily like; school, drinking, random attempted rape with a crowbar, church—
‘Scuse me, Eddi, my bro, what was that last thing?
Church? You know, the right boring shit tons of people attend on Sundays? In this particular story, it’s mass, cuz they’re all Catholics and shit—
What are you talking about? I was referring to the random attempted—
Oh THAT! Well, I don’t wanna spoil it, y’see.
--Anyways, a few little technical things. The “A” names get confusing, and I can’t pronounce anything for FUCK, because I don’t happen to have an ear for languages. But that’s just me. And there are a few typos here and there, but nothing too bad.
Oh and FUCKING REVIEW if you decide to read!
http://www.ficwad.com/story/51070 -- Cerediwen, Mama, I’m Scared
So it’s told in second person, the “you” in question being Donna Way. It begins with Gerard and his mother being at a funeral, Gerard begging his mom to never bury him (he’s quite young). And then it shifts to years later, when Donna and Elena are talking in Elena’s hospital room, in her final hours. Donna then breaks the news to Gerard, who takes hit hard, because he’d been off being wasted and with his friends and on tour instead of being home with her. Heartbreaking, very moving.
http://www.ficwad.com/story/154001 -- chloeandeddi, The Black Parade
So this is one that I wrote with my friend ChloesGreenDay.
Gerard dies, and his killer makes it look like suicide. Frank is distraught, because he and Gerard were secret lovers. Anyways, Gerard finds himself in the world of the Black Parade, where he must fill the shoes of his predecessor, the original Gerard, who was an illustrator of death. Literally. The Parade-Frank is distraught without his beloved Parade Gerard. Alive Frank is going kinda crazy, and everyone thinks he’s nuts because in Frank’s heart he knows that Gerard was murdered. And the story is cut off right before Dead Gerard goes out to be in the weekly Parade.
http://whorifichana.livejournal.com/2949.html -- ShadowSouls, Frank’s Fortune
So you’ve got Frank on an epic quest to find his ancestor’s treasure. It’s got a bit of an Indiana Jones meets National Treasure feel to it. Y’know, those adventure!!! stories. Very good so far, looking forward to more.
http://www.ficwad.com/story/178742 -- IdigIT, Contrition
It’s got my favorite kind of Ge+rard—psychotic badass Gerard. XD He killed three men, and his only regret is not being able to be Bandit’s toothfairy. IdigIT, I dig it. XD
http://www.ficwad.com/story/175254 -- IdigIT, Hum Hallelujah (FOBxMCR)
It’s a Pikey! Very well-written. You’re using your big-girl words. ;) Basically Pete and Mikey get together for the Warped Tour, as a sort of fling. But it’s cute.