Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan Re-Write

Frank stood in the kitchen putting away the groceries. He was still thinking about what Jasmine had said to him at the store. Was Gerard going to go round to Eliza's house? Why hadn't he told him about it?

He couldn't concentrate properly because someone was playing the piano in the other room. 'Wait...' Frank thought 'I'm the only one who can play piano in this house...'

Abandoning the shopping, Frank walked into the living room and up the steps to the piano. Jasmine was sat at the piano playing Seasons: August: Harvest. It was pretty complicated, a piece that Frank was still trying to learn himself.

When Jasmine finished playing, Frank said "You told me you didn't know how to play."

Jasmine turned to look at him. She was pretty confused "No I didn't."

"Yes you did!"

"You offered to teach me and I accepted." Jasmine pointed out "It must be frustrating for someone who loves music as much as you to have a son who isn't interested and a daughter who can't even hear."

Frank blinked at her in disbelief. How dare she? Jasmine stood up and started walking away. Frank tried to stop her "Wait... Wait, wait, wait..." But Jasmine walked right past him and Frank didn't go after her. She had lied to him, he knew that. But why?



"... And I walk in on her playing Tchaikovsky." Frank told Gerard "She's nine years old and already better than me! And I mean, she's been lying to me all this time..."

"I think she just wanted to spend time with you." Gerard said from inside the bathroom "It's hardly a lie Hun."

"Oh you wouldn't know." Frank replied "Honestly, you wouldn't know. She's always on her best behaviour around you. She's completely different with me."

"What are you on about? Are you implying there's something wrong with her?" Gerard walked back into the bedroom in his pyjamas.

"Well for a start she pushed Aven at the playground-"

"That's suddenly her fault now?" Gerard interupted "She said she didn't do it!"

"Oh okay fine, I'll just believe everything she says shall I? I'll just take her word for everything. Like what she said about you and Eliza?"

Gerard laughed slightly "What did she say?"

"She said you were hitting on her."

Gerard burst out laughing "Oh my god! I think she must've misunderstood."

"Oh did she?" Frank asked, hands on hips "Well did she invite you over?"

"Yeah... She wanted me to come move a chair for her." Frank shook his head, running his fingers through his hair. Gerard stood up "I blew her off!"

"Oh god..." Frank looked at him "Why didn't you tell me? We could've laughed about it!"

"Frank, we've discussed this, you can't get jealous over every single woman I talk to." Gerard's smile faded and he raised his voice "It's been ten years now."

"What does that mean it's been ten years?" Frank snapped "It's been two years since you told me!"

"You know how sorry I am! I just feel like I've earned a little trust here." Gerard glared at him "I mean, I gave you another chance."

"That's not fair... That's totally not fair..."

"You put our childs life at risk!"

"I was sick!" Frank screamed "You were an asshole who wanted to fuck somebody!"

"I should've just left you, nobody would've blamed me!"

"Oh that's sharp, that's sharp." Gerard stormed out of the room and Frank went into the bathroom and yelled "Where'd you get that from, your brother!?"

In her bedroom, Jasmine was awake and painting. She heard the arguments going on and smiled to herself, knowing that she had caused them.



The next morning, Jasmine walked down the stairs just as the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Jasmine said cutely. She went over to the door giggling a little, opened it and frowned.

Sister Alice stood in front of her "Hello Jasmine!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in please?"

Jasmine had no choice but to let her go past. Sister Alice went through to the living room. Frank stood up at her presence "Gerard! Sister Alice is here!"

"I was hoping to have a word with you both." Sister Alice told them when Gerard came into the room "If that's okay with you."

"Of course it is." Gerard replied "Kids, could you go play somewhere else please?"

Cameron leaped up, grabbing her drawings and running to her bedroom to continue them. Jude went outside. Reluctantly, Jasmine trailed up the stairs. Once she was upstairs she ran down the landing and down the other set of stairs that led into the kitchen. She walked over to a little opening between the kitchen and living room so she could listen in on the conversation.

"I think... I might've made a mistake letting you adopt Jasmine." Sister Alice told Frank and Gerard.

"What?" Gerard snorted "You said you'd never had any trouble with her."

"I didn't. But trouble does have a way of finding her."

"Like what?" Frank asked, leaning forward.

"Two girls get into a fight, there she is. One girl got caught stealing, there she is again."

"I don't see what this has to do with anything." Gerard said.

Frank nudged him "Let her finish."

"When you told me about the girl in the playground, I rang her old school. There was a boy there who was carrying a pair of scissors. But he tripped and the scissors went right through his jaw. And Jasmine was there again." Gerard was about to say something but Frank nudged him again "I also checked into the house fire from her old family. It was arson."

In the kitchen, Jasmine gasped as Gerard asked "Are you suggesting that Jasmine had anything to do with that? She's a nine year old girl!"

"I know and to think that such a small girl could act like that goes against all my beliefs."

"Well, obviously."

"That's it!" Frank cried "Tomorrow we are taking her to see Doctor Browning!"

Gerard held his hands up in defence "Okay fine, we'll take her to see Doctor Browning!"

Jasmine ran away, up the stairs and into Cameron's room. She looked up at her adopted sister. "There is a mean lady here," Jasmine said and signed "Who wants to take me away. Will you help me?"

Cameron nodded, stood up and took Jasmine's hand. The two of them went downstairs and into the basement. 'Get the key.' Jasmine signed then pointed at the safe on the other side of the room.

Cameron looked at the keystand before selecting the right one and handing it to Jasmine. Trying not to make too much noise, Jasmine opened the safe and smiled. Inside was a small gun. Jasmine pulled it out and loaded it. Then she turned and aimed it at Cameron's face. "Do you want to play?" Jasmine said and signed.
Sign up to rate and review this story