Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll never let them hurt you, I promise.

The Bet

by tainted 0 reviews

My first fan fic! What do you think? Should I go on?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-02-06 - Updated: 2012-02-09 - 892 words

0Unrated
Ch. One - The Bet
Sitting up on my bed in my dark room at 12:37 am. It's normal for me to be up this late but I shouldn't be tonight, I mean I can't be. But I can't shake this thought. Sweat dripping across my forehead as I sit completely still. It's the last night of summer break. My throat feels like it's closing up making it hard for me to swallow. I can't go back to school. I can't see all those people again. Repeating in my head over in over. I couldn't take it anymore, I reached for my cell phone and dialed my best friend's number, I knew he'd be up at this time.

Gerard's soft voice answered the call. He didn't even have to say hello, he knew what was wrong. "Relax Elise, tomorrow is going to go by as quickly as it comes and it's going to be fine." It will never be fine again, not after what I did last school year. Tears started to form in my eyes and roll down my cheek. I've gotten so good at silently crying but Gerard was the only one who could tell. "Please don't cry, it was an accident you know it and I know it that's all that matters." He said sounding so modest.

No matter the amount of days and months that went by I can't get over this guilt. A few months in my sophomore year at my high school I took the lives of thirteen people. I accidentally caught the girls locker room on fire when lighting a cigarette, the shower curtain I was hiding behind went up in flames then the next, and the next. I climbed out of the top trying to help girls who were trapped but they were so scared they were just screaming and closing their eyes, everyone else ran and whoever didn't were the ones who died of the flames or smoke inhalation. I was the last one to come out of the locker room before the fire department came. Everyone knew right away it was my fault. They think I did it intentionally. Gerard was the only one there for me. He came to the hospital with me to patch up the cuts from climbing over the hot lockers and splintering wood when I was trying to save people. And I told him everything, every detail as I sobbed into his shoulder. And after that, you know what's next. I was hated by not only the school but the whole town.

"Gee, I can't face them all. Summer is how I hid from them and yet those jocks still beat the shit out of me that nig-" I couldn't finish my sentence, or keep my crying silent any longer. "I'll never let them hurt you, I promise. They only got you because I was in Nevada with the family. This year will be fine." Gerard said, he sounded very confident. "I'll be protecting you every step of the way." He added in. "But now school, everyday they can taunt me and the teachers will let them." I said, trying to stop crying so I won't have swollen eyes on my first day back. Gerard went silent for a moment and there I could tell his confidence was wearing thin. Me and him, him and I, all we really had was each other. I'm still shocked he's stood by my side for this long, he lost some of his friends for me, even his younger brother Mikey lost some friends because he associated with me.

Gerard studderd a bit but began to speak. "Just trust me, and go to sleep! You need it, I promise tomorrow will be good for you." "And if you're wrong?" I said as a smile stretched across my face because one of our usual bets was beginning to form. "Well if so then you come to that festival with me this Friday, and if not then you.." He blurted out as if he was trying to hid his words. "Oh no! You want me to go out to that festival, that's a bad idea what if-"

He cut me off with "A bet's a bet now what do you want." He said, I could tell he was smiling. "You want to play that game?" "Yea I do, let's see what you got" He answered in a cocky manner. "Okay then, if I win then I'm coming over before you go to the festival and doing your eyeliner, then you're sleeping over after and telling me all about your night. Kay? Sounds good right." I could hear him saw 'aw man' the second I said eyeliner. He can really pull it off and I know he secretly likes wearing it because I found out he wore it by a surprise visit. "Fine, the battle is on, and don't lie. I'll be watching you tomorrow, Good night." He said and without waiting for my reply he hung up.

Suddenly I was smiling, and in a better mood. I don't know if I want to lose or win the bet because I do want this year to be different, I'm sick of hiding. I plopped my head on my pillow and pulled my sheets up and over my head thinking about tomorrow until I dozed off.
Sign up to rate and review this story