Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison

by CourtneyAlerion 6 reviews

The one question I was hoping with all my might he wouldn’t ask is asked. I don’t want to answer for fear of sounding foolish, but the expectant look that covers his face makes me crack and tel...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-08 - Updated: 2012-02-09 - 1336 words - Complete

4Exciting
Six months. Six fucking months that I’ve been rotting in this cell, and for something that I didn’t even do. But I had no say in the matter because I’m stuck in my own mind. I don’t know what happened, but one day in the 12th grade I just stopped talking. Maybe it was from all the taunts, perhaps from the pure hatred I have towards my voice, but I just don’t talk anymore. Well lucky me, ‘cause that mere trait landed my ass in jail for, again might I add, something that I didn’t even do. Now you might be wondering:
“What did he do?”

“Why didn’t he just say something to get himself out of the situation?”

For one, if I had the slightest idea of what I did then by God I’d tell you! But I don’t. For two, I tried that, but after eight months of silence and solitary confinement the only thing I could produce was the sound of a kitten being strangled. The police playing “Good Cop Bad Cop” didn’t help at all either. So here I am, lying on a hard bed staring at the rusted, peeling, ceiling thinking. Just fucking thinking like I have been for the past six fucking months.

For the first time in 18 hours my cell door finally opens.

“Free time. Get out of your cell, Way.” The officer says gruffly.

I know better than to just stare at her like last time (which earned me a whopping 36 hours full of nothingness. Maybe less there’s no sense of time here), so as quickly as I possibly can with a stiff back I get up and welcome my new surroundings. Although it’s not much outside of my desolate cell, it’s better than being cramped up in a grimy 8 by 10 box.

The usual cat calls come my way. As always I ignore them and make my way over to the “playground.” A huge opening the size of two football fields, surrounded by 6 foot high walls and topped with 3 feet of a barbed wire fence with a lookout tower in the right hand corner armed with policemen wielding rifles.

I walk over to my usual secluded area shaded by a huge oak tree, scanning my area for any potential danger (i.e. any gang member out to shank a random loner such as myself). Seeing that everything was as it should be I finally willed myself to take a nap in the warm breezy afternoon, throwing myself back into a world of distorted memories.

An hour later I jolt awake, the sun halfway across the sky, and my eyes falling same officer who escorted me out of my cell looking at me with disconnected, bored grey eyes.

“Get your ass up, I’m not wasting my day waiting for you to take your sweet ass time getting to your cell.” She tells me angrily but with an even tone.

“Obviously your dumb ass didn’t realize I was sleeping.” My barely used voice scratches out crustily.

Not only am I surprised by that half-assed outburst, but so is the officer waiting on me to get up from my position under the tree. By her grabbing me by my collar, pulling me to my feet unsteadily, and pushing me towards the doors that lead inside shows me it’s not the good type of surprise either. A short time later, with her hand still wrapped tightly around my shirt collar, she pushes me into my cell with an angry grunt.

“You’re so damn lucky it’s not me running this facility or I would’ve gotten rid of you execution style.” She ground out.

After watching her slam my cell door and turn away, I turn around only to be met with a pair of large, questioning green hazel eyes. He was covered neck down in colorful tattoos, his build was short and stocky, and he had the best lips I’d seen in a lengthy period of time. In all the while that I spent in this penitentiary I’ve never seen someone as attractive as him. My stomach was doing backflips not only because of my severe attraction to my new cell mate, but because for the first time in months I’m not alone. After spending so long basically in solitary confinement I’m sure as hell not ready to begin talking to someone new, especially someone new and desirable such as the man occupying the bottom bunk of the bed I’ve been sleeping in for so long.

“H-hey I’m, uh, Gerard. Gerard Way.” I stammer while putting my hand out for him to shake. He stares at it for what feels like eternity when in reality it was only for a few seconds. A few seconds too long in my book. Thankfully he takes my hand with a firm grip and shakes it twice.

“Frank.. Iero” His voice says with a slight tremor to it, most likely from it not being used for a few hours. I don’t blame him, there’s no one to talk to in this place.

“So um, what landed you in here?” I say attempting to strike up a half-way decent conversation.

“Got drunk and stabbed some guy. Well that’s what I was told, I blacked out at my twelfth drink,” He muses. “I don’t regret it though, that guy was an asshole. I know ‘cause I don’t do shit like that for no reason... What landed you in here anyway?” He asked eyeing me up and down with skepticism.

The one question I was hoping with all my might he wouldn’t ask is asked. I don’t want to answer for fear of sounding foolish, but the expectant look that covers his face makes me crack and tell him.


“I actually don’t know,” I say, a rapid blush sprouting from my cheeks to my neck. His face is masked in disbelief.

“How’s that even possible?” Frank gasps out.

“I guess being in the wrong place at the wrong time, you know? ‘Witnesses’ said that I was somewhere I’m pretty sure I wasn’t but my DNA was at the crime scene. How fucked is it that I don’t even know what that crime scene was? The only thing I could’ve guessed is that there was a dead body in some alley way with my DNA possibly on it or near it. There’s no escaping that, cops will do anything just to close a damn case,” I voice out bitterly, uttering the last part as if it were a thought not meant to pass the confines of my lips.

The cell is all too quiet. I didn’t realize that I was looking down until the silence brings me back to reality and I look up. Frank’s looking at me with a mixture of disbelief, pity and a look that says I knew it.

“I knew you couldn’t have done something bad! You look soo… So innocent.. So innocuous,” He ruminates while smiling.

“Oh boy, thanks a lot!” I say grinning, my voice laced with amusement.

“LIGHTS OUT!” An officer a fair distance away booms. Scurrying to the top of the bunk before the prison is plunged into darkness my ass touches the bed just in the nick of time.

“Well uh, g’night Gerard,” Frank says.

“Night, Frank.”

Before I drift off to sleep there’s only two things dancing around in my mind. One: I’ve finally got my voice back and two: I have a hot fucking cell mate. These next 5 years should be good.

(A/N) I hope you guys liked it! This is my first ever story and I worked extra hard to make sure that it was something that I felt like I should put out. Anywhooo rates and reviews would absolutely make my day!
Sign up to rate and review this story