Categories > Original > Drama > The Last Goodbye

The Last Goodbye

by echeloncookie 0 reviews

**David Cook fanfic since there's no category for it** Sometimes the last goodbye is the hardest one to say.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-02-19 - Updated: 2012-02-21 - 788 words - Complete

5Exciting
A/N: I don't own David Cook or the title, "The Last Goodbye." thanks

THE LAST GOODBYE

CHAPTER ONE

David Cook sighed angrily and threw his pen down. After trying and failing to write a song for over two weeks, he felt that he needed a break from everything. He grabbed his iPhone and called his brother, Andrew. As he answered, David heard clanging in the background.

“What are you doing?” he asked him.

“Banging on this dent. What do you need?” his brother asked him.

“Inspiration?” David laughed. He got up from his seat and walked toward his front door. “Like in the form of 'Write this, not that!'”

Another loud -bang- made David drop his phone. He quickly picked it back up, just as Andrew told him to try out moving temporarily to a different city to write his song.

“Seriously?” he asked his brother. The thought had never really crossed his mind until Andrew brought it up.

“What, you don't believe me?” Andrew asked him. “Not only will you get some rest and relaxation, but you'll also get some inspiration in a brand new city.”

David sighed. He was quiet as he listened to Andrew hammer on, trying to get that ridiculous dent out of his car. He remembered how he got it – backing into the buggy racks at the closest Wal-Mart – and Andrew had never noticed the dent until a few days ago. He had to get rid of it, he had said.

“Dude, just take the damn car to an auto repair shop! Surely they can do it with less noise!” David yelled into his phone before hanging up. “He's freaking insane,” David said to himself as he walked back over to his seat to try and concentrate on his song some more.

A few hours later, David woke up on his living room couch. He looked around the room and wondered how he fell asleep. Since it was still a foggy October Sunday, he decided to go on to bed early.

The next morning, David woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He looked at the caller ID and saw it was Andrew again.

“Hello?” he said as he stretched.

“Dude, have I got the location for you!” Andrew said excitedly.

“I'm not going to New York. Or Miami, for that matter,” David said, sighing.

“I wasn't gonna suggest Miami or New York!” Andrew protested. “I saw an ad in my email this morning, inviting me to come to Monroeville, Alabama. It had a number and an email address. I sent them an email–”

“Dude! I can't believe you sent an email to some weird email address!” David was outraged.

“I got a reply back!” Andrew yelled into his phone. “It's not a spam email address, it's a real email address!”

“What was the email address?” David asked him as he rubbed his temples. “Or at least the phone number?”

“I'm not gonna tell you,” Andrew told him.

“Dude!” David yelled again. “I can't just pack up everything and go to some strange place in Alabama just because you said it's for real.”

“Well it is and you are! Pack a few bags because you're going!” Andrew said.

David hung up his phone. He wasn't going to Monroeville, Alabama, no matter what Andrew told him. He heard a knock on his front door and he ran downstairs to answer it in his pajamas.

“Hiya, Dave!” Andy Skib invited himself into his house. “So I guess Andrew has told you that we're going to Alabama?”

David's heart skipped a few beats. “We? Andrew made this a group trip?” he asked Andy.

“Yeah. Just us guys.” Andy walked over and sat down on the living room couch.

“Oh my God I'm going to kill him,” David said to himself. He sat down beside Andy on his living room couch.

Just then the doorbell rang again; it was his brother, Andrew. “Did you hang up on me?”

“Did you run here?” was David's answer.

Andy had went and popped himself a bowl of popcorn and grabbed a can of beer. He loved it when Andrew and David fought.

“No, I didn't run here,” Andrew told him. “I drove here!”

David rolled his eyes and looked at Andrew. “Oh, really?”

Yes, really,” Andrew stated.

David sighed. There was no changing Andrew's mind about going to Alabama now. He walked past his brother and went upstairs.

“We're going to Alabama! You might not like it, but we are going!” Andrew called after him.

David clenched his jaw so tightly he thought his teeth were going to shatter. He turned back around and looked at Andrew. “Fine. You win. What should I pack?”
Sign up to rate and review this story