Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What Is Love?

21- Save Me From Myself

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

Why did it seem daunting to join Spencer in his apartment alone?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-27 - Updated: 2012-02-28 - 914 words - Complete

2Original




Spencer was driving us to wherever our date was going to be. I hadn't spoken since he picked me up, other than saying 'Hi'. My thoughts were wrapped around Damien. I was slightly frightened. I didn't know this guy but he seemed... intense, for lack of a better description.

Spencer hadn't really said much either. He seemed nervous. I wanted to ask why but I couldn't seem to speak.

I recognized the parking lot as Spencer pulled in. "Our date is at your place?" I asked, surprised.

Spencer nodded, smiling shyly. "I figured that would be the best no pressure place in which we could both just be ourselves..."

I smiled, "Sounds like a great date plan." I would love to just unwind and be myself but... Why did it seem daunting to join Spencer in his apartment alone? I'd done it before but now it felt different. I just didn't know why.

Each footstep dragging me closer to Spencer's front door made my breathing get heavier. What was wrong with me?

"Hey, you going to be okay?" Was the last thing I heard before I fell in to complete darkness.



***



(Spencer's POV)

I was patting Kade's face with a wet rag when her eyes began to flutter open. I nearly jumped in joy but somehow remained calm. "Feeling better?" I whispered, staring down at her. She'd fainted! I definitely hadn't expected that as a reaction to finding out the date was at my place but... third date's the charm, right? God, I really hoped so.

"Mmm, my head hurts." Kade muttered, groaning.

I shifted slightly, "Uh yeah, you kind of... hit the ground before I realized you were falling." I admitted, embarrassed.

"Damn, I'm sorry." Kade quickly apologized, her cheeks gaining color.

"Nothing to apologize over." I told her, wondering just what she thought she had to be sorry about. "Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm okay just... lost my balance I think." But the way that Kade wouldn't look me in the eyes made me think she was lying but why would she be lying?

"Okay then." I couldn't help but get a little frustrated. She could open up with Ryan, which was understandable... I mean the guy was all Confucius like with all of his freaking wisdom! But... she easily opened up around Brendon! Brendon of all people! The deepest that guy ever got was between a girl's legs. I loved him but... really? She could open up to him but not me?

"Is something wrong?" Kade asked, sitting up. She groaned at the quick movement.

Call it impulsive if you want but I couldn't help myself. The way she licked her bottom lip, pulling it behind her teeth nervously was just too much. I grabbed her gently by her shoulders, pulling her in to a kiss that was extremely passionate, even for the most passionate of lovers.

She allowed my tongue entrance to her mouth and I ran my fingers through her hair before... it was all ruined. I looked in to her beautiful eyes and would've gotten lost had I not clearly seen a look of fear flash through, causing me to back away from her.

The motion was so quick that she fell from my embrace to the floor. I stood, just staring at her. "What was that?" I finally asked.

Kade's bottom lip was trembling. I watched her slowly pull herself from the ground, frowning. "The kiss?" She sounded so hurt. It tore at me. "Was it... Was I bad?"

I ignored her, as much as it hurt to. "Do I scare you?" Things started making a little more sense. The looks she gave me. The uncertainty when I kissed her... but she was fine with Ryan, Brendon, and Jon. So, why me? What was so scary about me?

"No, of course not." Kade answered quickly, shifting her eyes away from me.

I stepped closer, staring in to her eyes... silently pleading her to look back in to mine. "You're a terrible liar."

"I-" She paused, biting her lip. "What am I supposed to say to that?" She finally asked, looking at me.

"Just tell me the truth." I urged. "What is it about me that makes you so damn uncomfortable? I've never hurt you. Hell, I don't even think I've ever raised my voice to you. I mean, I was drunk over at Ryan's once... buzzed actually but I- I didn't lose my temper with you. Is that what this is about? Because I drank once?"

Kade shook her head, looking appalled. "No, you- you didn't do anything wrong Spencer. I don't want you to think that. I just- I have a few things I have to work through." She shrugged, biting her lip hard enough to cause her to wince. "I'm sorry... I think I ruined this."

She turned away from me but I stopped her, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Wait, ruined what?" I was so confused.

She looked at me one last time. "Whatever it was that we could've had. I'm just... not ready." As she walked away I knew I could've followed her. She was at my house. I could have easily followed. I didn't want to though. If she wasn't ready... What good would me pressuring her do?

Girls were so fucking confusing.



***



(Sorry, this is unbearably short but I've been really sick and still sort of am. I just wanted to post this. Confucius Ryan= All rights to ReddyDevil.)
Sign up to rate and review this story