Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The New Kid Is In Town

Truth or Dare

by mychemicalpony 1 review

The guys play truth or dare...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-03-06 - Updated: 2012-03-06 - 2183 words - Complete

0Unrated
It seems I'm kind of addicted to writing this, so I guess that's a good thing?

Gerard's POV

We're all sat in a circle in mine and Frank's room, with the lights off and a candle in the middle. It's kind of freaky, and all of my posters are looking down at us with really scary faces caused by the candle light. I'm not scared though.

Mikey and Ray are stuffing themselves with sweets. The main reason that me, Frank and Bob aren't is because apparently we will lose our lives if we steal the sweets. And quite frankly, I value my life.

Anyways, we explain the rules to Frank 'Basically, it's normal truth or dare, but if you pass on one, no music for a week. And also, we can't do anything that you wouldn't want parents seeing. That's it, I think'

Mikey wants to go first, so we let him. Which might be bad idea.

'Hmm, I pick Gerard. Truth or dare?' He asks me with an evil grin on his face, which combined with the candle light, looks terrifying. I pick truth, because when we got more hyper later on, the dates would be better.

Mikey thinks for a minute, then delivers my doom. 'What happened yeterday evening when we were all out?'

Oh. My. Fucking. God. How could he even? I mean, the cheek of it! I don't want the punishment though... Deep breath, Gerard. Deep breath.

'Um...' I glance at Frank for reassurance. 'Basically, me and Frank got a bit reckless and it ended in slightly embarrassing things that I'd rather not talk about.' That was brief enough, wasn't it?

'That doesn't really explain it though does it?' Mikey asks. Time for a smartass answer.

'That can be another question, can't it? My turn now! I pick Ray.' Hm, not sure how it's smartass but who cares?

Ray picks dare, so I have to think up a good one. 'I dare you to... kiss my Iron Maiden poster!' Okay, it's not a very good one, but I'm under pressure!

He looks a bit wary of it, but obliges and quickly puts his lips to the poster required. He sits back down blushing, and he realises it's his turn. 'I pick... Bob.' Bob picks a dare again, and Ray thinks for a while before coming up with one.

'I dare you to put your phone down your pants!' Oh god, the sugar has gone to his head already.

Anyway, Bob does so, much to the ammusment of the rest of us, and fishes it out again looking revolted. Haha.

Bob picks Frank, because he's the last one, and Frank picks a truth like me. Bob had better not ask anything too personal too quickly.

'How did you get to be so good at fighting?' Damn that Bob. Couldn't he see it was an uncomfortable subject for him?

'Um, I used to get beaten up a lot at school. I mean, a lot. At least twice a week, and it was for the stupidest of reasons. I guess I got tired of it and began to fight back. Not in the thuggish way that jocks do, but quickly and bloodless. Enough to stop them, though. I got respect for it, and that got more people challenging me. I was expelled because I started a fight in a Math lesson, even though it was them calling me a faggot.' Wow. He's been through a lot. Wow. No wonder he seems fearless.

I notice that everyone else had stopped their mindless chatter with each other and an awkward silence descended over the group.

You're not in this alone, let me break this awkward silence, let me go, go on record, be the first to say I'm sorry

Where the hell did that come from? It'd make pretty awesome lyrics though. I guess it'd kind of go like a totally amazing guitar intro then whoever was singing would start and the drums would come in and it would be just asdfghjkl. Is that even a word?

Oh damn, I've been nodding my head in time to the non existent music. I must look like a dickhead. What were we doing again? Oh yeah, truth or dare. And Frank had just told us about being beaten up and everything. Shit.

Those lyrics were like be the first to say I'm sorry and that seems like a good idea.

'Dude, I'm sorry I didn't realise...' Pretty crap apology but it still counts, doesn't it?

'Erm, could I just ask what was going through your head? You kind of glazed over then you were mouthing the lyrics to some song I've never heard and then you snapped out of it and said sorry. I mean, what the fuck?' Frank confirms my fears of being crazy.

'Well... I got these lyrics in my head and I don't know what song they're from, but they're amazing and I was just imagining the tune to it, that's all.' Should I tell them about the words? Only if they ask about them.

'Well, what are these lyrics? We might know where they're from.' Ray suggests.

I try and remember what they are 'They go like, You're not in this alone, let me break this awkward silence, let me go, go on record, be the first to say you're sorry... I just think they'd be really good in a song.' I don't think they'd be good, I fuckin KNOW they'd be amazing.

'Well, I've never heard them. Why don't you hum the tune you thought of? It might help us place the song.' Mikey, I know they aren't from any darn song you know. Still, I hum the little intro, and then sort of half sing the lyrics.

Bob says 'You know, it'd be good if we could play that. I can play the drums and that tune would be quite good to have a drum beat to it. And Ray plays the guitar, can't you?' All of a sudden, we're talking about who can do what. Ray is going to play the guitar, Mikey's gonna play bass (obviously) and Bob's on drums. I don't really want to sing, but I'm the one who knows the lyrics and I can't really play the guitar or anything.

I notice Frank's all quiet, so I say 'What about Frank? Can you play guitar or anything?' All the others suddenly remember him, and he says 'I can sort of play guitar I guess...'

We all go down to the cellar where my parents soundproofed it and we keep all our instruments here because we don't really play anywhere else. I lend Frank my own shitty guitar, and he smiles at me in thanks. Straight away, I can tell he's really good, just from the way he holds it and starts tuning it, it's like he's been playing it for years.

Anyway, Bob sits at the drums, Ray tunes his guitar and Mikey suggests we play 21 Guns to warm up. Luckily Frank knows it, so Ray agrees to be lead guitarist and Frank can be rhythm guitarist.

We play and for a few minutes we all lose ourselves in the music. All too soon, the song finishes and we all come back to earth. All I know is that it sounded amazing with two guitars instead of one, no offence to Ray. I say this to the others and they all agree.

'So, what does the tune go like again?' Frank asks me, referring to the song I made up when playing truth or dare.

'Um, kind of like this...' I hum a tune and both Ray and Frank start gently playing. Bob starts playing, and Mikey starts to play his bass again. It sounds perfect, so I smile encouragingly at everyone, and they play more confidently now. When's the time to start singing? Now? No, wait for a bit. One, two, three, NOW!

/You're not in this alone,
Let me break this awkward silence,
Let me go, go on record,
Be the first to say I'm sorry/

That was what I know. The others keep playing, so I'm just gonna have to let the lyrics come into my head...

/Hear me out,
And if you take me down,
Or would you lay me out,
And if the world needs something better,
Let's give them one more reason, now, now, now!/

Wow. The others stop playing, and we all look at each other in amazement. Ray speaks for all of us when he says 'That was fucking awesome!', and I have to agree with him, because it was. It was amazing.

'I think we should seriously start writing that song down on paper, with lyrics and music and everything.' Bob suggests.

'Yeah, that wouldn't be too hard would it?' I say. It would be relatively easy for me, because I've only got to remember a few words, but I know that writing down music is a tad harder.

Bob, Ray, Frank and Mikey say simultaneously 'It would be hard, but who cares? It's so fucking epic!' Those four must be sycik or something.

I rush upstairs to get several sheets of paper and a few pencils and I return to find them practising the first bit. It makes my stomach go funny, but in a really good way. You know when you get butterflies when you hear music so beautiful it makes you want to cry? Yep, that's it.

We all start writing, and I find that the lyrics come naturally to me. I hardly have to think about it, and this surprises me because usually I find it really hard to think of lyrics.

Pretty soon I had a whole song written down, and the others had what we knew already written down. I showed them the rest of the song and for half an hour we were solidly talking about guitar chords, drum patterns and other details. I kept on changing the song slightly so it would fit with the music.

'BOYS! DINNER'S READY!' My mum shouted from upstairs. I sigh, because dinner would interrupt my musical mood, and I'm not sure if I could get back into the mood after something like eating food. Which was my second love, but still.

After dinner (which was macaroni cheese) we went down into the cellar again and decided that we should have another go at playing. I was a little nervous, because I had no idea how it would actually sound, but I couldn't help feeling excited.

The others started playing, and I couldn't help watching the way Frank played. It was obvious that he loved it more than anything else in the world. He was really good as well.

I started to sing, and I found that I poured out all the bad emotions in the past few months. They just disappeared, and the feeling was amazing. I sang more confidently, even through the parts that I didn't know so well. Finally, the song came to a close and we all just stared at one another for a few moments. It was that amazing.

Frank was the first to break the silence 'Um, shouldn't we think of a name so we can say like, let's play this song without having to explain which one it is?' This was a good idea. I looked at Mikey, because he was really good at coming up with names.

He just shook his head and said 'You should name it, Gee. It was you who came up with it.' The others nodded and I felt like the spotlight was on me. It's nerve wracking having four people looking at you expecting you to come up with a good name for an awesome song.

I say the first thing that I thought when singing it... And to my surprise everyone likes it! Wow.

'I think we should play one last song, and then stop cause it's getting kind of late.' I suggest.

'We could just have a muck around thing, like we all make it up as we go along, cause that would be fun!' Ray says excitedly. I think the skittles went to head. Or in his fro. One of the two.

Bob agrees and then so does Mikey. Pretty soon Frank and me agree to it, even though we exchange glances as if to say 'This is gonna be an epic fail.' At least I'm not the only one.

They all start up and I have to say, it sounds pretty good so far. It slows down a bit and after that, I know that's when I start singing.

*Can anyone guess what the song they've started playing is? Sorry I haven't updated this for 2 days, I felt awful yesterday and couldn't write but here it is now so yeah. Sorry there wasn't much Frerard, but there will be in the next chapter!
mychemicalpony :)*
Sign up to rate and review this story