Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

What's Your Heaven?

by itshardtobeemo 1 review

Frerard One-Shot. Gerard has waited such a long time for Frank.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-03-06 - Updated: 2012-03-10 - 1271 words - Complete

2Moving
The sun rose over the lake that so much resembled the one in real life, and Gerard helped himself to some barista-style coffee, then decided upon a chocolate croissant for breakfast. Hell, it was a Sunday, why not? Well at least he thought it was. There wasn't any way of knowing, and there wasn't any need to know.

As Gerard walked to the surrounding forest he, imagined small rain clouds to water the smaller shrubbery. No one had magically appeared and explained the rules to him, but he thought he'd done a pretty good job working them out himself. When he'd suddenly woken up and realised he was dead, it had taken a few days of starvation before he realised that a plate of his Mum's roast chicken had appeared next to him while his mouth watered at the memory of it.

After a little experimenting, he's figured out that he could make things appear if he concentrated hard enough. It didn't work on people though - Gerard had spent enough time remembering Frank's every little imperfection that made him perfect. He had also found out that he could only walk so far out of the forest before he felt a slight zap and was walking straight back to the lake from the opposite direction.

A better part of the day was spent reading books and listening to music in the little hut Gerard had constructed. He never got bored of his books or his music. He had thousands, maybe even millions of comics, novels, CDs, records and tapes. They took up almost all the space in the hut. Except for the small table near the window that held all his art supplies -pencils, felts, charcoals and watercolours, all used to draw memories of his life. Sometimes if he felt really happy he would draw little comic strips or cartoon characters. His artworks littered the walls, looking magical in the soft light that filtered through the window.

In another corner was a replica of Frank's favourite guitar, complete with an amp and effects pedal. It was so lifelike and it even smelt like Frank - a very smoky, deep woody scent. It made Gerard happy, but it was bittersweet. He doodled absentmindedly for a couple hours and he realised he'd accidently drawn Frank. Again. Gerard knew that Frank was probably a lot different to the wide eyed teenage boy Gerard often drew. He probably had ahusband (he'd always said he wanted to get married), a couple kids and about amillion dogs. Frankie was obsessed with dogs.

Late that night, Gerard returned to the lakeside. He slept there every night, and there was a permanent Gerard-shaped flat patch in the grass. He closed his eyes and started to fall asleep. Like normal, he recounted his favourite memory - the moment that ultimately led to the here and now.

*Flashback*

It had been the longest, but most amazing day of Gerard's life. Frank had given Gerard a tour of all his favourite places - the small alcove on the second floor of the library, a rundown coffee and second hand record store and a hill in the middle of a giant construction site. In the late afternoon Gerard had offered to return the favour and took Frank to his own little quiet space. It was a small lake surrounded by tall trees. The grass was long and unkempt, but a vibrant green colour and it suited Gerard perfectly. It was a fair hike through the forest, but it was so far away from anywhere that Gerard felt like he was the only one left in the world. They watched the sunset over the lake, the pinks and oranges reflected in the rippling water.

Gerard pulled out two small boxes from his pocket and popped one open. "It's a promise ring" he explained as Frank curiously examined the silver circle.

"Oh Gee!It's perfect!" Frank exclaimed, pressing his lips quickly to the ring, then to Gerard's own lips. Chuckling quietly, Gerard opened the other box, which contained a matching ring and two chains. The boys fastened each others''promise chains' ("Because it's unique" Frank insisted "Like us. No one else will have promise chains) and lay side by side in the grass, fingers intertwined.



"Gerard?"Frank asked softly "What's your idea of heaven?"

"This."Gerard sighed contentedly, "You and me and no one else. It's so serene and perfect. What about you?"

"Same. Ilove you" Frank nuzzled into Gerard's neck.

Gerard hummed in agreement. "Love you too baby." He replied, kissing the top of Frank's head. They stayed in that position for a few minutes, just cuddling in the soft grass, and that's when Gerard made the decision that would shatter Frank's world.

"Hey Frankie,"

"Yeah?"

"Catch me if you can!" With that, Gerard was up and running back through the trees. Frank jogged lightly behind - he really wasn't that athletic - but he was determined to catch the giggling Gerard. Suddenly the sweet laughter was cut off with a weird'ugh' sound, followed by a small snap. Figuring Gerard had probably stepped on a branch and was resting, Frank continued forward.



But Gerard had not stepped on a branch. He had tripped on a rock and was currently lying on the ground with his head at a severely unnatural angle. "Gerard, sweetie, wake up." Frank whispered "Please baby, IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou, please, /please/don't go!" But Gerard couldn't, no matter how much he tried, and Frank's pleading eventually faded into silence. Then he was suddenly awake back in the clearing. He cracked his neck back into place (which barely even hurt) and he just knew. He was dead.



A muffled groan disturbed his thoughts, and sitting bolt right up, his eyes rested on afrail old man, who was slightly shivering under his hospital robe. His skin was marked with tattoos, and some of them looked very familiar - it couldn't be, could it? Gerard carefully picked up the man's hands in his own, slowly dragging his fingers across the word 'Halloween' tattooed on the man's knuckles. As he did, the man slowly opened his eyes, and suddenly Gerard was staring into those beautiful hazel orbs he knew so well.



"Frank?"Gerard whispered timidly

"Gee." Frank sighed.

Gerard slowly moved forward to get a closer look at the old man, but as he did, Frank started to rapidly become younger, his wrinkles smoothing out, his tattoos becoming taught over his well toned body. Frank smiled at Gerard, who realised he was still rubbing Frank's knuckles. His fingertips slid over the fourth finger of his left hand, which was ring-less. "No ring" Gerard commented. Frank had always expressed a desire to get married. The now young Frankie shook his head.

"I never wanted anyone else." He reached under the thin gown, and took out a promise ring, threaded onto a silver chain.



Gerard gasped as he pulled out his own matching ring, his eyes brimming with tears. "I love you" they both whispered at the same time. Frank let out a giggle and closed the distance between them, pressing their lips together in a gentle, but passionate kiss.



It had been so long, but it was worth the wait.



****************************A/N- So this is my first published story, I had a couple other attempts, but I gave up on writing them.
Please please please R&R!
I'm considering maybe doing a supernatural Frerard because I absolutely love them and I can't find that many. Okay I'm rambling, so I'm gonna stop now.


Thank you so so much for reading it, it means a lot to me!

- K
Sign up to rate and review this story