Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Shine Like Fireworks

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-09 - Updated: 2012-03-09 - 2111 words

0Unrated
Shine Like Fireworks

Braelyn woke up the next morning around eleven. The sun was pouring through the sliding glass door. She practically jumped out of bed and went out to her balcony. As the sun hit her face, she grinned and sighed. “Morning, Mikey.”

“Morning, Braelyn.” He was sitting in a chair right outside his own slider, reading a book.

“I can’t be inside on a day like this! I’m going to the beach.” She turned around and disappeared back into her room. A few minutes later she shouted through the suite, “Anyone coming with me?”

Both Frank and Mikey declined. She told them she’d be back in a few hours. On the beach, she laid out, read her book, and swam. A couple hours later the boys came out on the sand.

“We’re gonna go get lunch,” Gerard said, “Wanna come?”

“Sure.” She sat up and pulled her shorts on. “Should I go change?”

“Babe, this is Miami. You’re fine.”

Braelyn smiled, rolled up her towel, and put it all in her bag. She linked arms with Gerard and Frank. Together all of them walked toward the street. They went to a Mexican restaurant on the beach a couple of blocks away from the hotel. After a delicious meal, they went back to the hotel.

In the elevator, Braelyn asked, “Are we staying here tonight? Or are we getting on the bus?”
“Here,” Topher said, “But we have to leave really early tomorrow.”

Gerard groaned. “How early is early?”

Topher looked at him apologetically, “4:30. We need to be on the road by then.”

“That’s disgusting,” Gerard said.

“Too bad this is your profession,” Topher replied, grinning. “Now, you have an hour to get ready before we leave for the venue.”

The elevator doors slid open and they all hurried off to their rooms. In the hall of their suite, Mikey and Braelyn met in the hall way outside the bathroom.

“I call shower!” Braelyn exclaimed.

“No way, you got first shower yesterday.”

Braelyn put on her puppy dog face. “Pleaseeeeeeeee.”

Mikey rolled his eyes. “Fine.”

“I’ll be quick! I promise.”

“You better.”

Braelyn smiled wide and said, “Thanks, Mikey. You’re the best.”

She walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Mikey walked back to his room to wait for Braelyn to be done. As promised, she was quick about it. Five minutes later, Braelyn appeared at his door, in athletic shorts and a t-shirt, her hair dripping on her shirt.
“All done,” she said, giving him a wry smile.

“You took long enough,” Mikey said sarcastically from his spot on the bed, not moving, his eyes on the television.

Braelyn bounded through his door and onto his bed, crossing her legs underneath her. “I love this show!”

“It’s a good one.” Mikey and Braelyn sat for a few minutes watching. Then Mikey got up and went to shower. Braelyn was still sitting on his bed, engrossed in the show when he got back about five minutes later. He laughed. When she looked up at him confused, he said, “You look like you’re hypnotized or something.”

“It’s Power Rangers. Duh,” she replied defensively.

Mikey sat back down and they watched it together for a while. After twenty minutes, Braelyn reluctantly decided to go get ready for the night. They had a meet and greet before the show, so she actually had to get ready before they left. She was looking through her bag, frustrated, when Frank came to her door.

“What’s a matter Brae?” He asked bouncing on her bed.

“What should I wear?”

“Ooooh choices!” Frankie launched himself off the bed and started enthusiastically digging through her bag. He giggled, “These are nice.”

He was holding up a pair of Braelyn’s lacy panties. Her face turned red, “Give me those!”

Frankie let her take them after pulling them out of reach a couple of times. He then continued to go through her stuff. He pulled some stuff out. “Here try this.”

He handed her a gray pair of skinny jeans and old Ramones tee that she had cut the neck out of when she was in high school so it fell off her shoulders. She also grabbed a bright blue tank top to throw on under it. “Turn around so I can change.”

“Really?” When she nodded, Frank obliged with a smile. After a few moments, he said, “Hurry-“

“Done.” Frank turned around. She was digging through her bag to find her studded belt and put it on. “What do you think?”

“Epic,” Frank said.

“Guys, it’s time to go!” Mikey yelled from his room.

“Shoes!” Braelyn said, going back to her bag. She pulled out her blue plaid converses and slipped them on. Her guitar was still on the bus, so she grabbed her make up kit and her hair stuff and traipsed out of the suite with the boys. They all managed to be on the bus on time. They were talking about the next stop in Birmingham, Alabama, when Topher arrived on the bus and had Steve pull out of the hotel parking lot. He came to sit across from Braelyn who was sitting on the back of the booth seat between Frank and Gerard braiding her hair into pigtails.

“Exciting stuff for you miss Braelyn,” he said, a he grin on his face.

“What’s up?” she asked curiously, tying off one of her braids and starting the other.

“Apparently the internet loves you. Friends or Enemies wants to do an interview with you. Tomorrow before the show.”

“Really?” Braelyn’s face lit up. Her own interview? She stood up and dropped her brush. She did a happy dance on the seat she was standing on. Frank joined her, taking her hand and twirling her around. After a few moments of dancing, they sat back down.

“Congratulations,” Topher said to the still grinning Braelyn.

The others echoed his sentiment. She sat there, happily humming to herself, finishing her other braid as the bus made it’s way through Miami. At the venue, her happiness had not abated. She was giggling and joking around with Frank all the way through the meet and greet. They switched seats and pretended to be each other. They told fans that tonight, My Chemical Romance would be changing their set up a little bit and only play country songs and hardcore gansta rap. They calmed down after Topher scolded them…twice. Braelyn took pictures with fans and even got a few gifts. Then there was soundcheck and then it was showtime.
“That was awesome!” Braelyn said collapsing onto the bench seat in the bus after the show. The rest of them flopped into seats as the bus started to move, all equally exhausted. “Can we just sleep tonight? Going out was fun, but I’m so tired.”

“Agreed.” Ray said. Mikey nodded.

“No way,” Frank said, bouncing in his seat. “I’m going out.”

“Me, too,” Gerard interjected.

“Well you two wild and crazy kids have fun,” Braelyn said.

“Oh, we will. You’ll be jealous.”

The bus rolled to a stop in the hotel parking lot. Braelyn dragged herself down the stairs, into the lobby, and into the elevator with the others. When the doors slid open, Frank bounded down the hall shouting to Gerard about when they would leave. Mikey and Braelyn followed at a slower pace.

“How does he have so much energy?” Braelyn asked as they heard the door close when they were still four or five rooms away.

“He’s like the Energizer Rabbit.”

“You mean Bunny?” Braelyn giggled.

“Whatever.” Mikey was grinning as he slid the key card into the door.

Braelyn followed him in. “You want first shower? You know, since I stole the first shower this afternoon.”

“So kind.”

“Just come get me when you’re done.” Braelyn opened her door and went into her room. She changed out of her jeans into her oversized, ragged pajama pants and a tank top. She flipped on the tv and dropped into bed.

“Braelyn,” Mikey called from the door. He saw that she was asleep. He walked over and gently shook her. “Braelyn, do you still want to take a shower? Or do you want to sleep?”

Braelyn rolled over, groaning, and opened her eyes. She blinked a couple of times then spoke. “I guess I should take advantage of the stationary shower while I can, huh?”

He smiled. “Probably a good plan.”

Braelyn sighed and pushed herself out of bed. She took her time in the shower, savoring the feel of the warm water, not knowing when she would get the luxury again. She dried her hair a little then braided it. In the hall, she noticed Mikey’s door still open and the light still on. She popped her head through the doorway. “I’m gonna go grab a water, you want one?”

Mikey was laying on his bed, the television off, his arm over his face.

Braelyn stepped in the room, concerned. “You ok?”

“I don’t think I feel well,” he mumbled.

“Poor Mikey.” Braelyn went to him. “What’s wrong?”

“My head hurts.”

“I’ll be right back. I’ll go get you some Advil or something.” Braelyn left the room and returned a few seconds later. “Here, sit up.”

He obliged and took the medicine. “Thanks Braelyn.”

“No problem,” she replied, smiling. “You should sleep. If you need anything let me know, ok?”

“Ok.”

“Want the lights out?” She asked from the door.

“Yes please.”

She flipped off the lights and closed his door. She turned on the television in her own room and turned out her lights. She jumped into bed and snuggled into her comforter. She was asleep within minutes. She woke up briefly when Frank stumbled in at three in the morning. Her alarm went off at four and she forced herself to get out of bed. She packed up her stuff and went to her balcony to enjoy the ocean view for a few more minutes. Then she went out into the living room of the suite with her suitcase. Frank was asleep on the couch, his packed bag standing by the door. Braelyn smiled and realized she hadn’t heard Mikey yet. She knocked on his door. When he didn’t respond, she opened the door to see him still asleep. She sat down next to him.

“Hey, Mikey,” she said softly, shaking his shoulder a bit. “It’s time to get up.”

Mikey opened an eye. He croaked, “I don’t wanna.”

“Come on, you can sleep on the bus.” She stood and held a hand out for Mikey to grab. “How do you feel?”

“Shitty,” he replied, voice still raspy. He sat up but didn’t move. He put his head in his hands, “I’m dizzy.”

“Lay back down,” Braelyn said leaving the room and returning quickly. “Take some more medicine. Have you packed yet?”

Mikey shook his head no as he took the pills she handed him.

“We’ve only got ten minutes before we leave.” She started to move around the room, putting all Mikey’s stuff into his bag. “Do you have anything else lying around?”

He shook his head and said, “Thanks.”

“Alright, let’s go down to the bus so you can go back to sleep.” She helped him out of bed. She shouldered Mikey’s duffle and woke Frank. “Come on Frankie, time to go.”

Braelyn shepherded the boys out of the room and into the elevator. They met Topher in the lobby who was impressed that they were actually on time. He took one look at Mikey and was immediately concerned. He said he’d call a doctor to meet them in Alabama to take a look at him if he wasn’t feeling better by showtime. Then he shooed them to the parking lot. Frank and Mikey headed straight for the bunks. Braelyn arrived in the bunkroom as they climbed into bed. She shoved her and Mikey’s bags into the storage locker. Then she scaled her ladder and went back to sleep in her own bunk. Settled underneath her blankets and her head on her pillow, Braelyn took a deep breath. There was something about her bed at that particular moment that made her fall asleep within moments.

A/N: Here ya go friends. Sorry it took me a while to update. I was in NYC and my hotel didn't have internet. First world problems haha. Annnnyway, enjoy and review. Thanks again to Izzy for the review!
Sign up to rate and review this story