Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

I'm Going To Get Another Cheeseburger

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-10 - Updated: 2012-03-11 - 1718 words

1Exciting
I'm Going to Get Another Cheeseburger

Some time later, Mikey stirred in her lap. Braelyn put the back of her hand to his forehead and noticed his fever had spiked. She knew the best thing he could do at this point was to sleep it off. She ran her fingers through his hair in hopes of calming him down. He did and Braelyn went back to reading, her hand still in Mikey’s hair.

A few more hours passed and the bus pulled to a stop. Ray came into the back of the bus. “We’re here. Topher said he’ll have one of the tech’s do Mikey’s sound check and that the doctor will be here in a few minutes. Then your check is after ours. Also we’re like an hour late,” Ray was grinning. “Topher’s freakin out. It’s hilarious.”

Braelyn smiled back and nodded to him. Ray retreated out of the room. She ran her fingers through Mikey’s hair again and said, “Mikey. The doctor’s here. You need to wake up, ok?”
He opened his eyes and looked up at her. The realization of where he was laying seemed to hit him after a second and his eyes widened and he sat up really quickly.

“Careful,” she warned. Mikey put his head in his hands. Braelyn asked, “Dizzy, huh?”

He nodded. Braelyn patted his back. An older man walked into the bunkroom. “Hello. I’m Dr. Thompson. Mikey and Braelyn, I presume?”

“Hi, doctor,” Braelyn said.

“Now you’re the one who fell out of the bunk?”

Braelyn looked down and her face turned a bit red, “Yes, sir.”

“Well let’s check you out then.” He had her look up and checked her for a concussion. He felt her ribs to make sure they weren’t broken. He asked about her pain. “You seem to be fine, ma’am.”

“I tried to tell them that,” she said smiling.

“If you do get dizzy, later, though, have Topher call me.”

“Yes sir,” she answered. She then turned to Mikey, “No offense, but I have to get out of this bunk.” He smiled at her. “Good luck.” She left the bunkroom while Dr. Thompson examined Mikey.

She went into the venue to see the boys do their sound check. She sat on the edge of the
stage shouting insults to Frank.

“I’m soooooo glad you’re feeling better,” Frank said sarcastically.

“I was never feeling bad to begin with,” she said sticking out her tongue.

“So you’re all clear?” Topher said from in front of her.

Braelyn turned to face him and a woman standing next to him. She jumped off the stage. “Just
like I said.”

“Good, I’m glad,” he replied. “This is Chelsea. The girl who was supposed to do your interview tonight.”

“Hi Chelsea! The boys have said wonderful things about you.” Braelyn shook her hand.

“All lies then,” she said smiling.

“We wanted to check with you,” Topher said, “But Chelsea has suggested she come to New Orleans with us tonight and do your interview in your free time tomorrow.”

“That sounds awesome.”

“Wonderful,” Chelsea said. “I’m looking forward to watching your set. I like what I’ve heard on your website.”

“Thank you,” Braelyn said, her smile getting wider. “I hope I don’t disappoint.”

“Brae!” Frankie called out. “You’re up!”

“Gotta go,” Braelyn told Chelsea. “It was nice to meet you, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Have fun.”

Braelyn pulled herself back up on stage. She strapped up and started to play, conversing with the techs to get her sound settings right. After she finished she went back to the bus to change. Mikey was still laying in his bunk, but he was awake. She pulled out her suitcase to dig out some clothes, and she asked him, “So, what’s the diagnosis?”

“Virus, probably.”

“Ick.” Braelyn pulled out her dark wash jeans and a couple of t-shirts. “Opinions. Fall Out Boy tank, Green Day t-shirt, or Brooks and Dunn t-shirt?”

Mikey looked at them, then up at her. “I have no idea. There’s a reason Gee picks out my clothes.”

Braelyn laughed and went to the front of the bus. She asked the other boys and Chelsea who was also hanging out, “Which one?”

Of course they all picked different ones. With a smile she said, “You guys are useless.”

“I’m hurt,” Gerard said.

“Oh, stop. You know I love you all.” She blew them all a kiss and went back to change. She decided to wear the tank top since she had been warm during her sound check. Then she went back to the front of the bus to do her hair and make up. She talked to the boys and to Chelsea as she did her hair. Braelyn put her hair up into a loose ponytail. She did her make up then asked Frank, “Do you want a star tonight?”

Frank looked over at her, obviously conflicted. Braelyn laughed to herself. Frank had spent the whole time they were hanging out with Chelsea trying to be cool. The question of whether or not he wanted his face painted was tearing him apart. He finally gave in and said. “Yes, please, Brae.”

Braelyn laughed along with Bob and Ray who were sitting at the table with her. “Come over here. What color do you want tonight?”

“Do you have blue?” he asked coming over.

Braelyn moved so she was sitting on the back of the bench and motioned for Frank to sit on the table facing her as she opened her make up case. “Do I have blue, is that even a question? Pick one, Frankie.”

She offered Frank the open case of colors. He of course picked the most obnoxiously bright blue she had. She drew the big star over his eyes and gave him some glitter. “Any other takers?”

The others came and got stars in the same places they had previously, Mikey too. Braelyn was drawing her own stars on when Chelsea spoke. “This is cool. All you guys with your matching stars.”

“Do you want one?” Braelyn asked smiling at her in the mirror.

“Ya, absolutely.”

She and Braelyn chatted while Braelyn drew on her face. Then a PA came to get her to perform. All the boys hugged her and she ran off the bus, Chelsea following close behind. Braelyn strapped up and walked on stage.

“Hey there everyone.” Braelyn settled herself on the stool and adjusted the mic. “Sorry we’re running a bit late, we had a flat this afternoon, so it set us back a little bit. But we’re here now and excited to play for y’all. So here we go.” She played a few songs then paused to re-tune and tell some stories. “So if y’all want a couple of fun tour tips, I’ll share with you.” There were some cheers from the audience. “The first thing I learned was to avoid showering in the bus shower while the bus is moving.” There was laughter. “It moves, there isn’t any room, and the water pressure sucks. Rule number two, hanging out in the bunks is dangerous. I learned this fact today when, while reading in my bunk, our bus got a flat, causing our driver to pull over suddenly. Since I wasn’t paying attention, I didn’t brace myself and I went flying. It was super fun.” She finished her story while the audience laughed. She sang the rest of her songs and said goodnight and thanked her audience.

Off stage, she hugged each of the boys as they went on stage. Again she sang Disenchanted with them. Finally back on the bus after the show, Braelyn changed into shorts and a tank top. She went back to the booth where she was supposed to be talking with Chelsea for a bit. Mikey was asleep on the bench. She woke him up as she walked by and told him to go to bed. She was just about to sit down when Topher came in with food.

“I haven’t eaten in forever, I’m gonna grab some, is that cool?” Braelyn asked Chelsea.

“Sure, do what ever you want.”

Frank and Braelyn started fighting over the last cheeseburger.

“Frankie. Put me down. Right! Now!” Braelyn was now being carried away from the table.

“Unfortunately, Brae, you are untrustworthy.”

“So you won’t have the cheeseburger either?”

“Better nobody, than you.”

They continued to bicker and Topher cut in, “I’m going to get another cheeseburger.”

“See. Now we can both have one. Will you put me down now?” Braelyn asked. He did. Braelyn took off running back to the food. She grabbed the cheeseburger and shouted “Victory!!!”

“You’re mean,” Frank pouted. Braelyn just stuck her tongue out at him.

Chelsea was laughing by the time Braelyn slid into the booth across from her, taking a bite of her burger.

“So how long have you known these guys?” she asked.

Braelyn swallowed her bite and answered, “Ummmmm six weeks almost?”

“It’s so cool that you already can hang out with them like this.”

“They’re pretty welcoming. There was only like four or five minutes when I felt like an outsider.”

Chelsea wrote something down. “When were those five minutes?”

“The first five minutes of being on the bus. It wasn’t really that big of a deal. They do this thing, according to Topher, where they fight over who gets what bunk. Topher says that it’s pointless, because they always pick the same one. But anyway, I was told that going into the bunkroom would cause me to be torn to pieces, so I hung out here. It wasn’t even feeling like an outsider, it was more of the whole scope of this opportunity was hitting me in the face.”

They continued to talk as the others finished eating and trundled off to bed. A little while after that, Braelyn said she was tired so she and Chelsea decided to continue the interview tomorrow.

A/N: Izzzzzzzzzy, I literally have nothing better to do but write. So here's another chapter. The rest of you, REVIEW!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story