Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Quality

by XxLiveyourlifExX 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-11 - Updated: 2012-03-11 - 1417 words

0Unrated
Quality

Frank woke her up when they got there five hours later. Braelyn had taken Mikey’s words to heart and decided not to let all that stuff bother her. So when she stepped off the bus with Frank a few seconds later she took a deep breath and said, “See. That is quality air. How wonderful Texas is.”

“It smells like cow shit,” Frank pointed out.

“I love cows.”

“You’re weird, Brae.”

“You like it.”

“Glad to see you feeling better, Braelyn.” Chelsea had come to walk next to them. Well next to Frank.

“Thanks for earlier, Chelsea.”

“No problem, hun.”

Braelyn had a feeling that she should let Frank alone with Chelsea, so she cited sound check as she scampered ahead of them. She did her sound check and then hung out on the side of the stage while the boys did theirs. Back on the bus, she changed into her denim shorts and the orange tank she had on earlier. She added her embroidered cowboy boots and then went to do her make up. Frank decided he liked the orange, so that’s the color he chose for stars that night. Braelyn drew on everyone except Mikey. She shouted for him through the bus. He appeared soon after.

“Want a star?” She asked.

“Do I really have a choice?” He asked back, with a half smile.

“I mean you could ask Frankie, but he’s got his little heart set on it.”

“And we mustn’t disappoint Frankie.”

“No we mustn’t,” she replied solemnly. Then she grinned again, “Come on, give me your hand.”

He placed his hand in her outstretched one. He had to fight the urge to grin like an idiot when her touch sent a tingle up his arm. Braelyn noticed his face twitch into a smile for a second, but thought nothing of it. She drew his normal star on the back of his hand. Now all ready, together they walked back into the venue. Gerard ran ahead of Braelyn and went out on stage before she could even strap up.

“Ladies and Gentlemen!” Gerard said enthusiastically into the mic. The crowd roared in response, surprised at his early appearance. “Before we bring out our opening act, I’d like to take a second to talk to you.” He pulled up the stool and sat down. “If you heard the radio interview Braelyn and I did this morning or you heard what happened at our meet and greet in New Orleans, clap or shout or something.” A good amount of people applauded and whooped. “The internet makes quick work of us sometimes. Anyway what I wanted to say to you was that what happened this morning makes me very sad. And I know that it isn’t necessarily you guys in particular who are the problem, but I know at least one person is recording this and will put it on the internet, so let me say to the people who were involved in the events earlier today, first, we, My Chemical Romance, love you. We’re glad you came out in support of the band. But I am disappointed. Braelyn Porter is not only one of our newest close friends, but she is a spectacular performer. She did not deserve the trials she endured earlier today. Trust us when we put people like her in the spotlight, they usually deserve it. So be kind. What if it were you up here? To you guys here tonight, we’re so excited to play Houston!” The crowd, who up until this point had been quiet, listening, gave a cheer when their city was mentioned. “So please help me welcome Braelyn Porter!” The crowd screamed.

Braelyn was half-strapped into her guitar, her mouth half-open and her eyes shining. It was Ray who hugged her and told her to go out on stage. She did. She then hugged Gerard. He walked off stage and Braelyn took a seat on the stool.

“Hey there everyone,” she said, tuning. “I’m so excited to be almost home. I love me some Texas.” The audience yelled again. “So here we go. Y’all ready?” Braelyn played her set, changing up a couple of the covers to be country songs which the crowd liked. She said goodnight and left the stage. As was now their ritual, Braelyn hugged each of the boys as they went on stage while Chelsea filmed it for the tour diaries she was putting together for FOE. Braelyn played ‘Disenchanted’ with them. She and Chelsea stood the rest of the show off stage singing along and watching the crowd. There was no meet and greet that night, but the boys made a point to disobey Topher and walk along the fence signing autographs and taking pictures instead of getting on the bus like they were told. Braelyn joined them while Chelsea filmed.

Topher managed to get them all on the bus, Frank had to be dragged by Bob. The bus took off towards Austin. Topher said they should all just stay awake, because once they got to Austin, they had to go check into the hotel. He also told Gerard and Bob that they had another radio interview in the morning, but the rest of them didn’t have anything to do until the meet and greet at five. The boys spent the two and a half hours playing video games while Chelsea and Braelyn sang along with the bus driver to some country radio station Steve was playing.

They pulled into the hotel around two AM. After claiming her room, Braelyn sprinted to the shower, just beating Chelsea. Once she dried her hair and changed, Braelyn stepped into the hall and shouted “Done!” And went back to her room. She was watching television, planning on staying up a bit later to hang out with the others, but she fell asleep.

She woke up again around four. She went to get a water. The television in the living room was on, Frank and Chelsea were on the couch. Frank waved to Braelyn as she walked by, grinning because Chelsea was asleep, head on Frank’s shoulder. Braelyn smiled back. She grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and walked back by the couch.

“Night, Frankie,” she whispered, blowing him a kiss.

“Night, Brae.”

She walked back down the hall and noticed Mikey’s light was still on. She knocked on his door.

“Come in,” he called.

Braelyn opened the door. She asked excitedly, “Did you see Frankie and Chels on the couch?”

Mikey looked up to see Braelyn looking like a little kid on Christmas. He laughed. “Ya I did.”

“Good for him,” she said, coming to sit down on Mikey’s bed, her attention on the television. “How do you find this stuff?”

“Power Rangers is almost always on.” Mikey said as Braelyn lay back on his pillows.

“Can I stay and watch?”

“Of course. I feel like we’d be breaking tradition if you didn’t.” Mikey smiled.

“So true.”

They finished the episode of Power Rangers and something else started. They didn’t notice; both of them had fallen asleep.

Mikey woke up around nine and was surprised to see Braelyn next to him, laying on her side facing him, her arm stretched out, her hand almost touching his chest. He smiled. He reached over and shook her gently, “Braelyn, do you want to go to your own bed?”

Braelyn just groaned in her sleep. Mikey got up and picked her up, again carrying her to her room. Braelyn half-woke up while Mikey walked through his door. “Huh? What’s going on?”

“You fell asleep in my room. I’m just taking you back to your bed, ok?”

“Mmk,” Braelyn mumbled, her eyes closing again. She leaned into him even more, her head pressing against his chest.

Mikey continued walking and deposited Braelyn in her bed. He then went back to his own room and tried to go back to sleep. Later that afternoon, Chelsea and Braelyn went out to do some shopping, leaving the rest of the boys at the hotel. After they got back, the evening went on like a typical show night. Meet and greet, quick change, showtime, back to the hotel, shower, television, bed.

A/N: Precious. Abbie and Izzy, enjoy. They didn't physically slap the bitches, but ya know, violence isn't the answer blah blah blah. Haha. GO REVIEW! hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story