Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I can't stop now, because I'm dancing! [frerard?]

I can't stop now, because I'm dancing! [frerard?]

by EffigyQueen 5 reviews

Frank finds himself in unknown place with unknown people. What's worse, they all lost their identities. After Dr.D. explains them what happened they decide to join him. How much this will change t...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-03-04 - Updated: 2012-03-06 - 1461 words

5Exciting
First of all – HELLO! :)
I’m new to this page, new to the fandom, quite new to MCR’s music. Also English is not my mother tongue and I don’t learn it for too long, so please have mercy on me!
I really hope you will enjoy it, please R&R to let me know.



I woke up and found myself in some kind of bunk. Every part of my body hurt, especially my head, but it was dull kind of pain, preventing me from thinking clearly.

I laid back on the pillow, trying to relax and figure out where I was and what I was doing there.

The first thing that came to my mind was this overwhelming noise and shaking walls. Dust floating in the air. Screams and meaningless faces.

Everything around me was black, I couldn’t see a thing and for a second I got really scared.
I took several deep breathes and started to think. I couldn’t figure out if it happened for real, was it some kind of nightmare or my extraordinarily developed imagination. But apart from that noise I couldn’t remember anything more.

Hell, I couldn’t remember my own name.

It shocked me. It terrified me. I didn’t know a single thing about myself. I wanted to scream, however I had no idea where I was and is someone was there too. I realized I was hyperventilating and hard sobs shook through my body.

Someone moved in the bunk above mine and they leaned over it to look at me. It was too dark to see properly features of his face (I could tell it was a male), but I found myself gazing into beautiful hazel eyes. They looked familiar to me. Somehow important and calming.

“Shhh” he whispered and outstretched his hand towards me. He couldn’t reach me, so grabbed his palm and squeezed it. Oh god, it felt good.

“Do I know you?” I asked, slowly relaxing.

He took a deep breath and after couple of second he answered truthfully “I don’t know”.

*

In the morning we were woken up by a young man, wearing tight polka-dot leggings and a loose tee. I couldn’t see his face, he was wearing a motorcycle helmet – I had no idea what for.

With me, there was 3 other man in the room. We all looked horribly skinny, grey and, maybe most of it, confused. I was pretty sure they were in similar condition as me. The man sleeping above me, who comforted me during the night, had indeed hazel eyes, but the feeling of recognition I had couple of hours before faded away. Maybe I confused him with someone. Maybe it was the bright red hair which I couldn’t match with anyone. I had no idea.

We were told to move to another room and wait for Dr. D., whoever he was. As we walked I noticed that the place we were in, was all dusty and dingy, apparently no one took good care of in years. It was horribly hot and I couldn’t breathe properly and felt dizzy. Finally our guide opened one door and let as in. There was waiting four simple chairs for us, we immediately took. There was only one window, walls very probably originally white, now all grey and covered with some nasty splotches.

We looked at each other, trying to figure out who we were and what we were doing there. It was scary, seemed almost surrealistic to me.

After a long moment the door opened again and the young man I talked before walked it along with other, way older, getting around on motorized wheelchair.

„What’s happening? Where are we? Who the hell are you?!”

Were the first questions posed by the red haired man, who looked furious. I can’t blame him. None of us knew what was going on. We didn’t remember anything, but one thing was obvious, something was really wrong.

Dr. D or Dr. Death Defying, as a patch on his jacket said, was rather a big man, looking quite scary, with his long dark hair and beard. His eyes, despite the dimness of the room we were sitting in, were covered by aviator sunglasses.

“Calm down, Party Poison” said Dr. D.

“Party Poison? What the hell is that?”

Dr. D just nodded and smiled to himself.

“We’re in California, it’s year 2019. The world you knew does not exist anymore. After LA, along with other major American cities, was blown up and…”

The man with long curly man, sitting on my left, started to laugh. “Is it some kind of joke? Do you really think we would believe this silly story? As far as I remember it’s December 2017 and Los Angeles is actually doing really good.”

“Get to the window, please” said Dr. D. after a short while.

The other man rolled his eyes, but got up and enclosed himself to the window.

“What do you see?”

“Desert.”

“Does it look like winter to you?”

“No, but we’re in California, it’s hard to…”

“Open it, then.”

When he did, extremely hot air hit us and there was no chance it was still winter.

“It still doesn’t explain anything. It can’t be two years later!”

“Do you remember the last thing you did before you got here? Do you remember your friends? Your family? What were you doing for living? Do you remember any of this things, Jet Star?”

“No…”

“So please, sit down on your ass and let me explain everything to you.”
Jet Star, as he was called a moment before, sat back on his chair and I could tell, he was as confused as we all were.

“After the disaster, we are still not sure what really happened, majority of the population of United States died” continued Dr. D. “The rest was captivated by BL industries, and their memory was erased. They were given a drug and once you take it you’re gone, you cannot stop. The drug creates an artificial feeling of happiness which eliminates the need of living the real life or finding out what really had happened. The logo on the pill bottle shows a happy face. BLI slogans are ‘building a better you’ or ‘everything is perfect’. People do believe that, pills totally control their minds. Due to that drug the government is run by BLI, they are located in the heart of Battery City which was built on what was left from Los Angeles. BL Industries, or Better Living Industries, to be more precise, is a huge corporation which was slowly taking over our country. The disaster was highly likely somehow caused by them, though they still claim it was natural.”

“And what we have to do with that?” asked Party Poison.

“You were one of the very rare people who survived the catastrophe and those who did are fighting against the BLI. But you, like almost everyone, suffered the memory erasure. No idea how you managed to escape – maybe the medication they gave you work with delay. We found you on the desert, you were half dead already… Well, I have my assistants” he said showing a polka-dot tight –wearing young man “who gather all the information and I spread it, usually broadcasting transmissions on the radio station. But we need people on the front line. People who will get to the Battery City and destroy the factory producing the drug and kill Korse, who is the leader of BLI. This is the only way to stop this.”

“And what makes you think we are up to do it? That we are capable of doing it?” asked the skinny man sitting behind Party Poison. He didn’t speak until then and he seemed rather shy.

“Don’t worry about that, Kobra Kid. You will be given all the equipment you will need. Weapons, clothes, car, maps. Also, there is training waiting for you before you go.”

“Do we have any other option?” I asked and all of them turned to look at me. It seemed I wasn’t that talkative either.

“You can take the pill, Fun Ghoul” Dr. D. answered simply. “But if you want to find out the truth, your real identities and meet your family ever again, you have to help us.”
I didn’t know what to think. How could we know he was the one saying the truth? How could we know we didn’t get railroaded?

We looked at each other and even though we were all very confused we knew we had to do something about this.

Party Poison nodded to himself and sighed. “Okay. Let’s make some noise.”
Sign up to rate and review this story