Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Courage

by XxLiveyourlifExX 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-15 - Updated: 2012-03-15 - 2297 words

1Moving
A/N: Abbie, you can stop rocking in a corner now, and I don't know how to give you my 'talent' (if I could, I would) but I'll definitely think good thoughts. Izzy, I believe now you have to love me forever. =) ENJOY! hearts, Corri

Courage

Mikey was quiet. The cheesy jingle for some cereal filled the room. Braelyn was slowly starting to panic, Mikey could feel her tense beneath his arm. He asked softly, “What’s a ‘Mikey Thing?’”

A few more moments of silence passed as Braelyn gathered her courage. In a whisper, she said, “It means I like this guy named Mikey.”

“Lucky guy,” Mikey replied. Braelyn started to pull away. Mikey tightened his arm around her and continued, “I have a similar thing. For this girl named Braelyn.” She looked up at him, a small smile on her face. “Do you think you could help me with my problem?”

Braelyn buried her face in his chest. “I don’t know. Can you help me with mine?”

“Absolutely,” he said, kissing the top of her head.

She looked up at him, “Really?”

“Really.”

Her smile widened. Mikey ran his hand down the side of her face. He lifted her chin and brought his face towards hers. Of course, there was a knock at the door. Mikey groaned and dropped his hand from her chin. Braelyn again buried her face in Mikey’s chest. He called out, “Come in.”

“Hey, Mikey.” It was Chelsea. “Topher wants me to interview the band so we can put it out there before the fans know. Can you come out into the living room?”

“Sure. I’ll be out in a second.” Mikey’s mood sobered. Chelsea moved away from the door.

Braelyn lifted her face up again. When she saw the look on Mikey’s face, she stretched up and kissed his cheek. “It’ll be ok.” He nodded. “I’m just gonna stay here and watch Harry Potter. Come get me if you need me.”

“Ok.” He got up, but Braelyn was still holding onto his hand. He looked back at her.

Her eyes were earnest and she said, “Everything will turn out alright.”

He managed to give her a small smile and he squeezed her hand before letting go. He left the room. The boys’ interview lasted a long time. Braelyn had fallen asleep by the time Mikey returned an hour later. He sat down on the bed next to Braelyn, careful not to wake her. He was watching the ending of the movie when Braelyn rolled over, her arm fell across his chest and her head was pressed against his arm. Mikey gently moved his arm and put it around her, his fingers again tangled in the ends of her long hair. He pulled Braelyn so she was nestled against his side. Harry Potter was over so he flipped through the channels.

Braelyn stirred before Mikey had picked something to watch. She squeezed her eyes shut along with the hand that was on Mikey’s chest. When she realized that she was again in Mikey’s arms, Braelyn opened her eyes and smiled up at him. In a sleepy voice she asked, “How did it go?”

Mikey sighed looking downcast. “Terrible. Bob was there for a little bit. He didn’t speak to us. I just don’t understand what happened. A week ago, everything was fine.”

“I’m sorry.” Braelyn wrapped her arm around him and hugged him. Still hanging on, she asked, “How’s the show gonna go tonight?”

“It should be alright. The record company’s making Bob tell the audience at the end of our set before he leaves.”

“How are the others?”

“Frankie’s pretty torn up, Gerard is chain smoking, and Ray is on the phone talking to Krista,” Mikey answered. Braelyn nodded. “If it’s ok, I’d rather just lie here and watch tv and not talk about it.”

Braelyn looked up at him, “Ok.” She looked back at the television. In a cheerful tone, she asked, “What are we watching?”

“Ummmm. How does Futurama sound?” Mikey asked stopping on the channel.

“Excellent.” She snuggled into him and he stroked her hair as they watched the show.

After a few minutes he stopped and said, “Weren’t we in the middle of something?”

Braelyn looked up at him. Again, Mikey’s hand went under her chin and tilted her face up towards his. He leaned down and pushed his lips to hers. Braelyn’s hand went to his shoulder, pulling him closer as her body pressed into his, kissing him back. He slid his other arm up her back and cradled her head as he deepened the kiss. Braelyn nipped his lower lip as she pulled away to take a breath. Their eyes connected and Braelyn smiled, reached up and pulled his head down to hers. Lips connected again and Mikey’s arms circled around her waist again to pull her closer, if that were even possible, pulling Braelyn’s small frame up onto him.

Braelyn pulled away again. She looked at Mikey, then giggled and dropped her head shyly into the crook of Mikey’s neck.

“Hey,” Mikey said softly, one hand rubbing up and down her back.

“Hey,” she said back, still slightly out of breath.

“Where’d you go?”

She nuzzled into his neck. “Right here.”

He turned to have his face buried in her hair. He tucked her hair behind her ear, exposing the side of her neck. He kissed her uncovered skin and then nibbled her earlobe. Braelyn moaned. Mikey gave a little laugh and said, “Found you.”

It was Braelyn’s turn to turn her head to him, their lips meeting enthusiastically. Braelyn’s hands went to the sides of Mikey’s face as she planted little, sweet kisses on his lips and cheeks and jaw, while Mikey’s hands were roaming up and down her back and sides. By the time they took another break, Mikey had a hand tangled in her hair and the other on the bare skin of the small of her back where her tank top had ridden up. Braelyn, grinning, rolled off of him and rested her head on his chest.

“Well,” Mikey said, arm tightening around her again.

“That was fun.”

“Mmhmm,” Mikey replied, kissing the top of her head.

After a few minutes of just happily lying there, Braelyn asked, “What time is it?”

Mikey looked to the clock on the bedside table. “Four twenty-seven.”

“I should go check on Frankie,” Braelyn said with a sober tone in her voice. “You said he was all torn up.”

“That’s probably a good idea.”

“As long as you’re ok?”

Mikey squeezed her and kissed the top of her head again. “I’m fine. Go look after Frankie.”

Braelyn pushed herself up to sitting. She tugged Mikey up by his arm. When he was vertical, Braelyn wrapped her arms around his neck and she kissed him, long and hard. When she pulled away, she did so quickly, hopping off the bed. Mikey tried to catch her but failed. When she reached the door, Braelyn looked back to see a pitiful look on his face. She skipped back and kissed him on the cheek. “I’ll be back in a little while.”

Mikey laid back down as she walked out of the room. He went back to watching television, trying to keep his mind on the amazing girl that was just in his arms and who would be back in a while, and not on the fact that one of his best friends was leaving.

Braelyn closed Mikey’s door and walked down the hall. She found Ray lying on the couch alone with the television on.

“Hey kid,” he said as she walked into the room.

“Hey Ray. How are you doin’?”

“Better, now that I’ve talked to Krista.”

Braelyn smiled. “That’s good. Where are the others?”

“Gee’s on the balcony, still smoking. I’m supposed to stop him in a few minutes so he’ll be able to sing tonight. Chelsea is in her room, working on the article, cuz it’ll have to go out tonight. And I think Frankie’s in his room.”

“Thanks Ray.”

“No problem.” He sat up to look at her. “And Mikey? Is he doing ok?”

Braelyn couldn’t stop the grin from spreading over her face. “Mikey’s fine.”

“Oh, really?” Ray jeered, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Hush, you.” She said attempting to give him a stern look, but failing. She stuck her tongue out at him and began to leave the room, saying, “I’m going to go check on Frankie.”

“You do that.”

Braelyn laughed as she continued to the master suite. She knocked and opened the door. “Frankie!”

Frank was sitting in bed watching tv. He looked over when Braelyn said his name. He smiled. “Hey Brae.” She skipped over and plopped herself down on his bed. “I see you’re taking a break from consoling Mikey to check on poor Frankie, who’s sitting here all alone.”

“You were the one who told me to go make sure he was ok,” she said. “Besides, you have Chelsea to comfort you.”

Frankie laughed. “True. So…how was it?”

“You’re as bad as Chels. None of that from you.”

“Come onnnnnn.”

“Nope.” She was smiling. Then there was an air of seriousness as she reached out to grasp Frank’s hand and she asked, “I wanted to make sure you were ok.”

He smiled and squeezed it. “I’m fine. I’m pissed, but I’m fine. It happens.”

She looked at him, skeptically. “You’re sure?”

“Yup.”

“Ok.” After a beat, she continued, “Do you want me to stay and hang out for a bit?”

“Nah. I need to shower. Go back to Mikey.” He stuck his tongue out at her.

“If you insist.” She stood up.

Frank was still holding her hand. He tugged on it lightly, causing her to turn around. “Thanks, Brae. It means a lot that you came to make sure I was ok.”

“Of course, Frankie. You’re one of my best friends. I had to make sure you were alright.”

Frank stood suddenly and took the girl into his arms and hugged her fiercely. “Love you.”

She hugged him back, realizing that this was how Frankie was dealing with the whole situation right now. “Love you too, Frankie.”

He released her and said, “Go back to your boy toy. I need to get pretty.”

She laughed. “Ok, have fun.”

“You too.”

She shot him a scathing look as she left the room. As she walked back through the living room, she saw Ray on the balcony with Gerard talking. She reached Mikey’s door and knocked. He called for her to come in.

“That was quick,” he said as she walked in, getting up.

“Yup. Frankie’s all good.”

“Good,” he said reaching her. A hand went to the back of her head as his other arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her close once again. Another passionate kiss unfolded, Braelyn’s arms going around Mikey’s neck after she shut the door behind her. Mikey picked her up and carried her to the bed. They fell onto the bed still attached at the lips.

Braelyn was breathing heavily when she extracted herself from the embrace a few minutes later. Mikey rolled over on his side and propped himself up on his arm, looking at her. She let her head fall to the side so she was facing him. With regret in her voice, she said, “I have to go get ready soon.”

“This is true, but,” he said reaching out for her, “soon isn’t right now.”

She giggled as he rolled on top of her, kissing her neck. She pulled his face up to hers and kissed him. He ran his tongue over her bottom lip and she moaned, opening her mouth. The pair of them made out for a while, eventually settling down, Mikey lying next to her, stroking the side of Braelyn’s face.

“I really do have to go get ready,” she said, pulling back and sitting up. Before she could stand, Mikey had his arms around her waist and he wasn’t letting go.

“No,” he said like a petulant child.

“Mikeyyyy,” she whined. “Please?”

He sighed and let go of her. Braelyn turned and straddled him. She pulled him up to a sitting position by the front of his t-shirt and kissed him again. When she ended the kiss, she leaned over and whispered in his ear, “Thank you.”

She got up and sashayed out of the room, leaving Mikey, speechless, sitting on the bed looking after her. Braelyn, now in her own room changed into the evening’s attire, denim cut offs and her Brooks and Dunn shirt. She pulled on her boots again and pulled back the front of her hair. She had time, so she went ahead and did her makeup, painstakingly covering up the purple around her eye, but packed up her eyeliner, glitter, and eye shadow for stars. When it was time to go she met the rest of Team Frankie in the living room, including Chelsea. Chelsea gave Braelyn a knowing look when Mikey snaked his arm around her waist when she went to stand beside him.

“Ready?” Braelyn asked, decidedly cheerful. She knew this was going to be rough on them.
The two boys nodded and they left the room

A/N: There. Have some smut. I'm not particularly good at writing it, but now maybe you can calm down about it lol. Hope you enjoyed! go review! hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story