Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Making It Happen

by XxLiveyourlifExX 7 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-17 - Updated: 2012-03-18 - 2065 words

1Moving
A/N: Ok. So. I'm a little more tahn drunk rigght now, but I felt like yall desereved a st patty's day update. Sooooo thanks to Izzy, Abbie, and Lauren. You guys reveiw lots and i love you for it. and to foreveryours! I'm so glad youre enjoying it. anddddd new reviewer sportygirl: thanks for reading! ok. sorry for the drunkeness. READ ON!

Making It Happen

Thank God someone remembered to set an alarm. At 9:30, Chelsea stumbled into Braelyn’s room announced that they had to leave the hotel in thirty minutes. Braelyn groaned, not wanting to move from the spot she had in Mikey’s arms. It wasn’t until Chelsea banged on the door again that Braelyn got up. She had to shake Mikey who had fallen back asleep. They all managed to get dressed, packed and onto the bus without being late.

“Starbucks?” Topher asked. “Or are you all going back to bed?”

“Might as well stay up now. I’m already awake,” Braelyn said, sitting down on the long bench.

“Bed,” Frankie muttered, walking into the bunkroom.

“Ya, me too,” Mikey said following him.

“No Starbucks for me, thanks,” Ray replied, settling in the chair, turning on the Xbox.

Gerard said nothing. He was sketching, not even acknowledging the conversation going on around him. Braelyn was watching him, concerned. He didn’t look like he had slept much. When she started focusing on the scene around her, she heard Chelsea talking to Topher.

“So I was planning on staying if everyone’s ok with that. I’m not doing press or anything. Just whatever you guys need done,” she said.

“That’s fine with me. As long as it’s ok with the others.”

“Gerard, Ray, Braelyn?” Chelsea asked.

“Obviously it’s ok with me,” Braelyn responded.

“It’s cool,” Ray replied.

Gerard didn’t answer. Braelyn nudged him. “Huh?”

“Chelsea staying on the road with us. Yes or no?” Braelyn asked.

“Sure.” His head dropped down and he continued whatever he was doing.

“Great,” Chelsea said. She turned to Topher and continued, “Whatever you need me to do, press, merch, I’m game.”

“Thanks, Chelsea.”

The bus started to move and, after a brief stop at Starbucks when Braelyn and Topher went and got coffee for whoever wanted it, they were off on their seven and a half hour adventure to Phoenix.

Braelyn spent most of the morning trying to get Gerard to talk to her, but every time she asked him a question he gave her a short one word answer. She looked to Chelsea who just shrugged as if to say “I told you so,” and Braelyn decided to give up. He’d talk to someone when he was ready. Frankie and Mikey came out about noon and the driver stopped at a Taco Bell for lunch. Back on the bus with their food, their journey started again. Braelyn spent most of her afternoon reading, stretched out on the bench seat, her head in Mikey’s lap. Mikey was supposed to be reading too, but every time she glanced up at him, he was either looking down at her with a small smile on his face or looking off in to space, looking sad. At some point, he got up and went back to the bunks again. Braelyn wanted to follow, but decided to give him some space. It had to be rough to loose one of your best friends over night. She continued reading her book.

She finished around two and went to her bunk to go get a new book. Mikey was laying in his bunk, staring at the ceiling. Not sleeping, not reading, not listening to music, just staring. Braelyn sat down next to him.

“You ok?” she asked.

He didn’t look at her, he just shook his head no. She nudged him over and sat against the wall of the bunk, stretching out her legs and closing his curtain. She ran a hand through Mikey’s hair. His eyes closed.

“Want to talk about it?”

Again he shook his head no, eyes still closed, Braelyn’s fingers still running through his hair. She stopped and moved to get up. “Ok, I’ll leave you alone then.”

His hand shot out and came to rest on her leg. “Please stay.”

Braelyn leaned back, “Alright.”

“Distract me? Tell me something I don’t know.”

Braelyn thought about it for a few moments before laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Mikey asked.

“I just realized something.”

Mikey opened his eyes and looked up at her, “What?”

“Normally, when you get asked that question-‘tell me something I don’t know’-it usually leads to some kind of soul-bearing answer.”

“You don’t want to bear your soul to me?” There was a teasing glint in his eyes.

She grinned down at him. “No, idiot. I mean all my soul-bearing is done. You already know all my scary secrets.” Her smile faded a little.

“Is that a bad thing?”

She looked down at him again and regained her smile. “No. A little unnerving, but I think it’s good.”

“Good.” Mikey picked up her free hand and kissed the back of it. “So tell me something that’s not scary then. Something fun.”

“Hmmmmm.” Again she paused. “I think tales from Braelyn’s high school days should cheer you up nicely.” Mikey nodded in agreement and shut his eyes again. “Once upon a time…”

By the time the bus slowed down outside of Phoenix, she had him laughing. “Sequined hats. Fancy.”

“Hey, don’t judge. Getting a sequined hat is a pretty big deal in the world of Texas High School Drill Teams.”

“Oh, I’m sure it is.”

She let him laugh, happy that he wasn’t moping anymore. The bus pulled to a stop and she asked, “Did I do a good job?”

“A good job of what?”

“Of distracting you?

“Ya you did.”

“Good,” she said sitting up.

As she tried to stand, Mikey held onto her hand causing her to sit back down. He pulled her closer and kissed her. When they pulled apart, he said, “Thanks, Braelyn.”

She bent down and planted a little kiss on his nose. “No problem.” She let him hold her a little longer before she said, “I have to get up and get dressed.”

He squeezed her again. Then let her go. Braelyn slid to the floor and wrestled her suitcase out of the cabinet under Mikey’s bed. He hung his head off his bed watching her dig through her bag. “Do you have enough clothes?”

She just looked up at him and grinned. “Nope.”

He laughed, rolled his eyes, and got up. “See you in a bit.”

“Mmk,” Braelyn replied, completely focused on deciding what she was gonna wear. As Mikey walked past her he leaned over to kiss the top of her head. She grinned and kept searching. She pulled out her favorite pair of Lucky jean shorts and continued to look for her yellow polka dot top. When she fished it out, she went to change. When she put her top on, she groaned. In the mirror she could see the stain on the front of it. She whipped it off and stalked out into the bunkroom.

She was digging through her bag again when a voice said, “You seem to be missing something.”

She turned to see Frankie smirking at her. “Oh hush.”

“BRAELYN’S HALF NAKED!” he shouted.

“What?” Ray yelled.

Braelyn could hear the boys shuffling around in the front of the bus, coming to see what Frankie was screaming about. She shook her head, boys will be boys, and returned to digging through her bag. When the Ray ripped open the curtain, Mikey next to him, Braelyn stood, hands on her hips. “My shirt has a stain on it. Get over it.”

“No fun, Brae,” Ray said, making a puppy dog face at her.

She stuck her tongue out at him and went back into the bathroom. She uncapped the Tide-To-Go pen and went to work getting the stain out. She laid it out on her bed to dry to let Frankie have the bathroom. She was putting the pen away, when she felt someone’s hands on her hips. She turned to see Mikey. Braelyn grinned.

“I’m pretty sure you have to wear a shirt to perform in the venue we’re going to,” he said smirking.

“Nah. Britney Spears never wears a whole shirt.”

“You want to be Britney Spears now.”

Braelyn pulled a serious face. “Of course, it’s my life’s goal.”

“Oh. Well then,” he said his smile growing. “Don’t let us stand in your way.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” She took a step into his embrace and his arms tightened around her. His fingers brushed her bare back, sending shivers up her spine. She stood on her toes to kiss him.

“SEX IN THE BUNKROOM!”

Frankie.

Braelyn pulled away to glare at him. Mikey flipped Frank the bird and kissed her again.

“Disgusting,” Frank said.

“FRANKIE!” Chelsea’s voice came. “LEAVE THEM ALONE.”

Frankie huffed, but followed Chelsea’s instructions and left the room. Braelyn giggled and leaned into Mikey, coming down off her toes. He kissed her forehead. They stood that way for a while. Mikey let his hands roam up and down her back. Braelyn gave a content sigh and kissed the part of Mikey’s shoulder where it met the neck of his t-shirt. She pulled away a little bit to say, “I need to check on my shirt.”

He pulled her back to him and kissed her again. “Nah. I take back what I said. Shirts aren’t necessary.”

“Changing your mind now, are you?” She said grinning. She pulled away and stepped up on the edge of Mikey’s bunk so she could see into hers.

“How’s it look?” Mikey asked, coming up behind her.

“Not good,” she replied, fiddling with her shirt.

“Let it sit, maybe?”

“Ya. Probably.” The bus was slowing down. Braelyn hopped down from the bunk. “I guess I should find something to put on in the meantime.”

“Eh, not important.”

“Har har,” she said, again going through her bag. “I need to do laundry. I don’t think I have anything clean…”

“You can borrow mine,” Mikey said. She turned to face him. He was taking off his own shirt. When he had pulled it off, she was standing there, her eyebrows raised at him. “What?” he asked innocently, “I have to change too.”

“Uh huh.” Her voice was half skeptical, half amused.

“Do you want it or not?” he asked holding it out to her. She took it from him and started walking toward the bathroom. She had only gone a few steps before she turned back around and jumped on him. Her legs went around her waist and she pushed her lips onto his, their bare torsos pressed together.

As soon as it started, Braelyn had ended the kiss and walked away. She popped her head out of the bathroom to look at a stunned Mikey. “Sorry,” she said grinning, “Can’t blame a girl for not being able to resist.”

He smiled and chuckled to himself, shaking his head. Then he went to find another shirt before going out to the front of the bus. Braelyn appeared a few minutes later, her hair in a messy braid over her shoulder, her makeup done, flip flops, her denim shorts, and Mikey’s Smashing Pumpkins shirt that was so big, it’s hem almost reached to bottom of her fraying shorts. Once at the venue, Topher made the boys go to the stage, promising they could eat as soon as their soundcheck was finished. Braelyn enjoyed her cheeseburger and large fry sitting on her usual spot on the side of the stage, making loud comments to Frankie about how delicious her dinner was. She was finishing the last of her fries as the boys unstrapped and began to head for the bus. As they walked by, they stole the rest of her fries. She just laughed and stood, getting ready for her own check.

A/N: Sooooo I'm pretty sure I got all the spaces. OK. food. water. bed. YAYYYYY ST PATTYS'! HEARTS, Corri ERIN GO FREAKIN BRAGH.
Sign up to rate and review this story