Categories > Original > Drama > Playing in the shaddows

Don't Break His Heart

by scootah 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-30 - Updated: 2012-03-30 - 1035 words

0Unrated
“Last question Amelia. What are we?” Chris asked. He was testing me on what I had learned so far. Miles had been teaching me for the past few days.
“The Aeton Spiro. Not vampires, not ware wolves, not even a complete combination of both. A highly evolved form of species that include the teeth of a vampire/cat and the claws of a wolf/cat. The Aeton Spiros have the ability to change almost anything and gain power by feeding off of mortal blood including animals. Our species have been hunted by the demons for hundreds of years. Do I need to continue?” I stopped and raised an eyebrow. Chris smiled and I returned it then a look of shock appeared on his face.
“You- you” he stuttered.
I laughed. “Yeah, I smiled. Are you shocked?” I mocked him. It was raining outside so we sat in the conservatory in the garden. “Ya, I know about 3 days and I’m all happy and colourful like you people”
“What did he do to make you smile and… be yourself?” Taylor asked as she walked in, a smile up to her ears. “Did you two?”
My eyes widened “No!” My voice went slightly high pitched. “Taylor, you know we didn't! Read my mind if you must” we laughed. I shook my head. Miles wasn’t the one that was making me smile funnily enough. It had actually been really awkward with him when he was teaching me. I didn't know if was ready to be in a relationship again. My brain told me one thing and my heart told me another. I didn't know what to do so I didn't make a choice.
The reason I was smiling was because I was happier. Slightly. Hunting made me happy. It may sound a bit disturbing but that was what it was. It gave me energy. A sudden thrill. Jake told me it was natural, it was good for me to get the excitement out of hunting, as long as it is only animal blood I crave. Miles walked in, I looked away from him. Taylor and Chris exchanged looks.
“So you are the amazing teacher” Taylor said and hugged him “Well done” She turned to look at me. Miles scoffed and ran his fingers through his hair. “I don’t even want to know what you two did” she laughed. Miles’ eyes widened.
“That’s sick Taylor. Amelia, do not read her thoughts” he advised me. I stared at Taylor and I read her mind and a disgusted look appeared on my face. “You read her thoughts” he shook his head laughing.
“What, obviously I was gonna read her mind if you told me not too. It was always gonna happen” I joked. Miles gave me that look he always gave me. Cute but mysterious. I looked at the ground. He sighed and stood up. The air in the room suddenly felt very tense. The awkward silence made me want to scream. Nikki, Jake, Luke and JJ were just about to walk into the conservatory. As the door opened the soft noise of the rain falling onto everything outside whispered in my ears. Taylor stood up straight as Luke walked into the room. Her cheeks flushed pink slightly but then she made them change back to normal. I laughed and shook my head as I stared at her then Luke. The contact between their minds and eyes was intense.
“What’s with the silence?” Nikki asked. I shrugged. Taylor was just about to say something seriously disgusting but I waved my pointer finger at her and she couldn’t speak. Miles laughed. “Ookay then. Baby can we go inside for a little bit, we’ve not had any time alone for a while” She complained while she looked at Chris.
“I think I just threw up in my mouth a little” I whispered to Jake, he was sitting next to me. He nodded and laughed. Nikki smiled and Chris took her hand then they walked out of the conservatory. I felt something on my shoulder. I clenched my fists and closed my eyes. “Miles, the fricking ferret!!!” I growled. I opened my eyes and he and the ferret were both gone. “Where’d he go?” I asked quietly. Jake shrugged; JJ glanced at me then out one of the glass windows.
“He’s outside. In the rain” she frowned at me. I stood up and quickly she grabbed my arm. “You’re lucky he likes you. He doesn’t think he’s good enough so if you break his heart I don’t care who you are I will tear you to shreds. He’s never liked a girl so much before. Don’t play with his heart” she whispered harshly into my ear. I inhaled and pulled my arm away. I ran outside into the pouring rain and couldn’t see him. I scanned the area, I could feel him. I felt his heart and his breath. I closed my eyes; he was at the edge of the cliff, past the forest, strumming his guitar. I exhaled slowly and teleported.

He was there. The rain trickling down his face, dripping wet, his hair dark and shiny with the water. I slowly walked over to him. The sad strumming he played was like a broken record. The same notes repeating over and over again. His legs were crossed and his head down. “Miles?” I said softly. He didn't look at me. I sat next to him as he stopped playing. I put a hand on his.
“What did I do wrong?” he asked. His voice was cracking as he had been…crying? He looked up at me and his eyes were the brightest most amazing colours I had seen in this dull day. They glowed like nothing I had ever seen nor imagined before.
I looked at my hands. “JJ was speaking to me…did you?” I asked. He sighed and bent his head back and looked up at the grey sky. “It’s none of my business but she stopped me before I came to find you and told me that”-
“I love you” He finished.
Sign up to rate and review this story