Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Angel From The Depths...

Looking For Angels

by XxKissMeYouAnimalxX 0 reviews

7 years on From Frank's Disappearance have Gerard Mikey and Ray got a lead on him?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-04-01 - Updated: 2012-04-01 - 3627 words

1Original
Gerard’s POV
I stuck the match into the top of the Twinkie and lit it, not traditional I know but Twinkies were Birthday treats every other day of the year it was power pup. I closed my eyes and blew out the candle “Happy Birthday Frank” I whispered softly. It’s been 7 years since they took him. Things changed so fast from then. I remember when BL/ind took down the government and abolished anything to do with civilian freedom, states don’t exist anymore it’s just zones, It started in California and spread like a virus, New Jersey has gone and our lives died with it… the only major city left is Battery city which is BL/ind HQ but there are several bases in other zones there is Carat Base which is where Texas used to be, Eagle base which is in what used to be New York and S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W which happens to be in between zone 56 & 55 formerly known as New Jersey. I’m doing this on a memory now, and I’m risking Mikey and Ray’s lives just because I pray every day that they kept him alive. I feel so guilty, and I’ll die with a guilty conscience whether I find him or not. Mikey, Ray and I are completely different people now. We have to go by other names; I guess you could call them gang names. Mikey is now Kobra Kid, Ray is Jet Star and I’m Party Poison. We wiped ourselves from the map, we don’t buy things we lay low and kill only when we have to. We are America’s most wanted group of outlaws. We are the killjoys. There are more people like us out here in the zones, but they lay low like us, it’s rarely you come across them, the only thing that keeps us company is our boom box which we have tuned into a pirate radio station broadcast by Dr Death Defy. He used to work for BL/ind we’ve met him a few times, whenever you’re in serious danger, near death he’ll come rolling up with his group in their van and save your ass and then disappear. But all outlaws are like that. We’ll die for each other if it means getting closer to bringing BL/ind down. We get tip offs now and again about what they do there to prisoners and it gives me chills, it’s horrific. And if they’ve done that to Frank then I’ll make sure they all burn in hell. We have to wear masks too, because if the cameras around the zones ever catch our faces they’ll track us from that, they’d know I was really Gerard which would mean they’d know Mikey which means they’d know I was coming for Frank. It was a year after they took him when things went insane; turns out they’d kidnapped a lot of vampires his age and then exposed them to the world, threatening people saying if they leave or communicate with an outlaw, they’ll die by vampire hand. But they only started kidnapping them the year after Frank was taken. They’re like dogs being trained to fight and I can’t stand the thought of Frank doing something like that. I looked over to Ray and Mikey to see they were listening to the radio; I walked over to join them. “Well Killjoys, you’ve probably heard the whispers around the zones of a weapon being built by BL/ind and the Doctor can tell you these whispers are ones of truth, but they are not weapons like your guns or grenade’s. Our insider says this weapon is not new, but has been in construction a since about a year before the revolution of BL/ind so bare this as a warning. Steer clear of BL/ind S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W unit this Zone Runner is out. Sweet dreams killjoys.” Then the sound of static replaced his voice from the Boom Box. Ray and Mikey were looking at me with smiles on their faces, something I hadn’t seen in a long time. “What?” I questioned. “S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W, before the revolution, Poison. That’s when Frank went missing…” I glanced down at the sand, I knew he was going to say that, but I couldn’t bring myself to think of Frank as a weapon. I knew what we were doing wasn’t just about saving Frank anymore; it was about doing what’s right, rebellion. And if Frank jeopardised the freedom of America then he’d have to be stopped, using deadly force.
“It’s just a hunch Mikey” said Ray interrupting my thoughts. “It’s all we have Jet, we’re going to have to at least try because if Kobra’s right which I pray to god he is, then there will be more than one group of outlaws out to find him and they won’t try to save him. They’ll kill him.” Ray nodded in understanding the sun was setting, which meant it was time to strike. We got into the car and drove through the zones until we saw the familiar sign that said ‘Warning now entering zone 56’
We parked on the outskirts of the small town and hid the car behind a disused gas station, we walked slowly keeping to the shadows, everyone in this town worked for BL/ind so we couldn’t be seen, not yet anyway.

Frank POV

“Happy Fucking Birthday Frankie” I stammered angrily carving another streak into the wall to mark my 7th year in this prison. I heard the viewing slot of my cell door open and I heard a familiar voice. “What ever happened to ‘he’s coming for me, I know he will’? What happened to that guy, the guy that prayed to god every night his knight in shining armour would save him from the Dragon?” the voice said sarcastically I slammed my palms against the metal door my hands making a dent in it. “I gave up hope a long time ago Korse!” I spat at him violently through the gap in the door. “Someone’s cranky aren’t they?” I reached my hand through the gap and grabbed him by the neck “Well when someone’s kept in one building for 7 years of their life they will probably get a little fucking cranky!” I could hear Korse gasping for air but I didn’t let go, this is what I was designed to do now, they made me this way, they turned me into a cold blooded killer with all their injections and experiments yet they expected me to do as I was told. They’re fucking idiots. I stopped praying not because I gave up on him, but because I wanted him to be alive, I wanted him, Mikey and Ray to be at home somewhere watching TV or doing something with their lives, I don’t want them to get caught up in this war, I’d rather never see him again and know he’s alive, than have him save me and make me watch him die. I don’t want him to see me like this anyway, not how I am now. Not the monster I’ve become, I’m not that kid who would drink chemicals for a dare or play piano. I’m not that kid. I felt a sudden shock to my arm as one of the guards decided it was time I stopped trying to kill Korse as he jabbed me with a Taser. I stood up after a few minutes and looked out of the slot again. “Josh!” I shouted Josh was a guard, he was one of the only ones who wasn’t a complete dick to me, he was an alright kid, he was about 18 now, he walked over to my cell door.
“Sup Frank? Oh and Happy Birthday” he winked at me, he was the only person that kept me sane in this place these days “Thanks J, Can you take me to the studio? I have feelings to vent” he nodded and unlocked the door, I held out my arms for him to cuff them so he could escort me down to the studio, when we got there he took the cuffs off, nodded and locked the door leaving me alone. I walked to the corner and picked up a guitar and plugged it in, I still don’t know why this place has a studio, but I’m kind of glad it does. I played a few chords to let my hands get used to it, if they had a piano, I’d play that but they don’t because they’re idiots. I knew that Korse knew I was here because I saw the ‘on air’ sign flash on, so I knew if I played the entire building could hear me, I was about to start playing when an alarm went off I’d never heard it before so I ran to the door and slammed my fist against it to get Josh’s attention he looked at me and I mimed “what’s going on?” he ran to the door and shouted through the glass. “Outlaws have got in” I nodded, the ‘on air’ sign still on meaning if I played they could hear me, and if it was Gerard, he’d know it was me. Who am I kidding of course it’s not Gerard. But I still wanted to vent, so I picked the guitar up again stood next to the microphone and began to play.

“The secret side of me, I never let you see
I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly
I feel the rage and I just can't hold it

It's scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls
It comes awake and I can't control it
Hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head
Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

My secret side I keep hid under lock and key
I keep it caged but I can't control it
'Cause if I let him out he'll tear me up, break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster

It's hiding in the dark, it's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me, it wants my soul, it wants my heart
No one can hear me scream, maybe it's just a dream
Maybe it's inside of me, stop this monster

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster”

Gerard POV:
We were in and they knew we were here, I was just about to tell the guys to split up and look for Frank when I heard a voice “Hey…Poison!” I looked to see a BL/ind telling me to follow him, I put my gun up to face him and walked over cautiously “hey calm down I’m on your side. I’m the insider for Dr D. and I also know who you’re looking for. I’ll take you to him.” He waved his hand indicating for us to follow, so we did, still cautious of the boy, he looked about 18. And then I heard a different voice, coming from the speakers around the building, I voice I never thought I’d hear. I was Frank, but he was different, he’d changed. Josh ran ahead of us and unlocked a door to what looked like a recording studio he popped his head round the door and then told us to go in, at first I was walking and the others right beside me but the closer I got the quicker I moved and then through the window of the room I saw him stand up, I ran in and practically jumped on him, I wrapped my arms around him and I could feel my eyes watering, he wrapped his arms around me and when we parted he looked at the three of us “Are we leaving or just going to stand here?” I nodded and Mikey threw Frank a ray gun “You’re gonna need that.” Frank nodded and we set out to see that the other outlaws had arrived; we’d walked into the middle of a gun fight. We were walking down a corridor when Frank stopped. “What’s wrong?” I asked we needed to go and Frank standing around wasn’t helping. “We need to move, now!” he said as he started jogging down the halls toward the nearest exit. I was now running next to him “What happened back there?” I asked he looked at me and then back to where he was running to “Korse, he’s like A.I that BL/ind made, he’s basically my captor and he’s now hunting me down like a fox and a rabbit.” We got out of the building and I saw Dr Death Defy’s van parked up outside, but we continued running, we weren’t going to try and be hero’s right now, we’d got what we came for, no blood shed. We were almost at the car when I heard a gun fire and Frank collapsed he rolled onto his back. “What the fuck?” Mikey said. “Ray go get the Car now” I said I knelt down beside Frank and rolled him onto his side. “Fuck.” I said shaking my head “erm Poison. We need to go. Now.” I looked up to see Korse or at least that’s who I assumed it was walking down the road toward Me, Frank and Mikey smoke coming from his ray gun, well that explained the massive hole in Frank’s shoulder blade. “Gee, Get to the car. I’m fine” Frank said standing up. “Go...” he said me and Mikey began to run for the car, Frank on our tail and Korse on his. We clambered into the car and ray hit the gas, we were out of zone 56 like a bullet. I was in the back with Frank lying across me and his legs across Mikey. “Sit up a second Frank.” I said softly, as he did, I grabbed the first aid kit from under Ray’s seat and pulled out the bandage and tape. I wrapped the bandage around his shoulder and then taped it down secure, he lay back down and looked at me. “What’s with the hair Gerard?” Ray laughed in the front seat I smiled at Frank and simply replied “ I could say the same for you” his jet black hair was down to the middle of his back he rolled his eyes “I wasn’t allowed to have it cut, it was too dangerous for me to be around scissors.” I looked at him confused I tilted my head slightly and Mikey asked the question that was on the tip of my tongue “why?” he said Frank now sat up so he could address all of us. “They did things to me there, they cut me up and injected me with stuff and changed me. I wanted to kill myself before they could use me as a weapon and they knew that. So they wouldn’t let me near anything that could potentially harm me or others.” I nodded and a sudden realisation struck me. “You can’t call us by our real name’s when we’re out.” he nodded “I’m not an idiot, I know you’re Party Poison, Kobra Kid and Jet Star you’re America’s most wanted. I’m up to date with all that shit.” I laughed “well you’re going to need a name and mask too” he nodded “what about…Freakin’ Frankenstein.” Mikey said I laughed “you can tell he didn’t pick his own name.” Frank giggled “no I’m more into Ghouls and stuff now Kobra.” He said winking at Mikey. “Oh Ghouls Fun!” Mikey said sarcastically. I looked at Frank and he looked at me smiling. “That’s fucking it! Fun Ghoul!” Ray shouted from the front. Frank looked at us all “So which one of you bitches is gonna give me a haircut?” Mikey looked straight to Gerard “That’d be Gerard, he’s got the whole Gay Hairdresser thing going on” Ray said trying to hold in his laughter, Frank was now in hysterics and Mikey was looking rather pleased with his last remark. “I mean come on, this ‘fro don’t take care of itself now.” I gave Ray a look and pointed to my crotch “and this aint gonna suck itself either.” I said Frank looked at me cocking an eyebrow. “Gerard Arthur Way what kind of language is this? What happened to the innocent little boy who has never been kissed?” he smirked and then Mikey interrupted “That’s actually still true.”

Frank’s POV

“Is It Really?” I said cocking an eyebrow. He looked out of the window of the car his cheeks flushing pink. Mikey clambered into the Front seat next to Ray. I glanced over to see they were holding hands. “Oh and how long has this been going on for?” I asked causing Gerard to look at his brother“…um a year and a bit.” I nodded and looked to Gerard who was again looking out of the window “It might surprise you Frank but the zones get lonely.” I shook my head “It’s not a surprise at all. Everybody needs somebody.” When I said it I nudged Gerard gently to make sure he was listening to what I was saying. “So how far have you guys gone together?” I asked curiously Gerard sat up and rolled his eyes “oh Jesus Christ the question is what they haven’t done together.” I laughed and Mikey turned a bright shade of red.

After a few more minutes driving we pulled up outside an abandoned building. I knew the building as soon as I saw it. It was the academy. Gerard turned to me and smiled “welcome home” I smiled back; we walked up to our old dorm. It was completely different, where the small crappy TV used to be was a desk full of around 20 monitors with the view from every CCTV camera in the building. the couch was gone and instead the leather chairs from the principal’s office and the coffee machine from the staff room. Clearly that was Gerard’s I walked into my old room and sat on the bed. “Hey.” Gerard said walking toward me. “It’s been 7 years…” He nodded and then smiled he walked over to the darkest corner of the room and sat down on what looked like a stool. Then I realised what it was. “You still can’t play it?” I said smiling. Gerard shook his head “I didn’t want to, I just liked sitting here and thinking of when you used to play” he stood up and I smiled; Mikey popped his head around the door, winked at me and Gerard and closed it. “That was slightly random…” Gerard stated I got a little closer to him. “I think he was giving us some privacy…” Gerard tilted his head “what for?” I shook my head and placed a hand on his face; I pulled myself closer to him and reached my mouth to his ear “You know it’s been 7 years. And my feelings have just gotten stronger” I said softly and then pulled my face back in line with his, we stood for a few second just staring into each other’s eyes and then he placed a hand around my neck and pulled my face to his until out lips met. When we parted we were both smiling, I held his hands and looked at him. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” I questioned he shook his head “nope.” He led me out of the room and out of the dorm, we walked up more flights of stairs than I remember there being. He pushed open a door and walked me through it, we were on the roof. “You see that.” He pointed out to the horizon where the sun was setting I nodded “when we do this, when we’re done with this bullshit war.” He turned to me, took my hands and looked me in the eyes “That’s going to be ours, and we can go wherever we want and do whatever we want.” A tear rolled down my face. “I’m not losing you again.” He said as he pulled me into a hug “Happy Birthday Frankie.” I buried my head into his chest “I Love you Gerard.” I felt his heart beat faster “I Love you too Frankie” more tears started rolling down my face, because I knew he meant it.
Sign up to rate and review this story